Man city fans on weiss.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 good 20 mins, looks a fantastic talent but we've seen Chris Burke have that kind of impact on short bursts so I'm not going to get carried away, we will get a better idea of his true potential over the next few weeks and months.

The thing I most liked was he can take a good corner and cross the ball, we've missed good delivery from wide areas

1 good 20 mins, looks a fantastic talent but we've seen Chris Burke have that kind of impact on short bursts so I'm not going to get carried away, we will get a better idea of his true potential over the next few weeks and months.

The thing I most liked was he can take a good corner and cross the ball, we've missed good delivery from wide areas

This..

But in general I´m not worried about Weiss not having the bottle for a game in mid-winter, in Inverness :P , he grow up in Eastern Europe where games and fans are rough and the weather not that cosy. As his dad is a footy manager he sorted him out for the Man City academy and now we see the final steps of him getting ready to take on the world.

He does look a good talent and I'm seriously happy he signed, but it's a long season ahead and if he can avoid injury he will be a great asset to us in our quest for number 54. Fingers crossed that's what happens. After that, who knows?

Messi? Ronaldo? 40m? Geeza toke.

fuck me did none of you learn from the Aaron debacle :doh: fucking superstar :lol: Superstars no longer end up in the SPL we get decent - good at the moment and thats at a push :lol:

Wtf

Aaron played one game against a lower league team in the cup iirc, not really a similar comparison.

fuck me did none of you learn from the Aaron debacle :doh: fucking superstar :lol: Superstars no longer end up in the SPL we get decent - good at the moment and thats at a push :lol:

We learnt that either Aaron wasn't very good, or Smith didn't rate him. I don't think this is really comparable.

I'd rather judge the player on what I saw than judge him on a preconception about what players come to the SPL.

We all rightly laugh when the tinks dub McCourt/Maloney the next Ronaldo/George Best/Pele/Messi so lets not carried away and make a fools of ourselves. Weiss looks a cracking prospect and we should leave it at that, if he does well in the Champions League there will be interest from other bigger clubs.

We learnt that either Aaron wasn't very good, or Smith didn't rate him. I don't think this is really comparable.

I'd rather judge the player on what I saw than judge him on a preconception about what players come to the SPL.

In football terms weve seen next to nothing.

One game....

He was great however lets not get carried away just yet.

I really hope he can play like that in a cold winters night up at Inverness...

I love how people are talking about him as if he's from some tropical climate not used to a bit of cold. He's from Eastern Europe ffs! :lol:

That and he's being playing in Manchester for the last four years, hardly Benidorm!

I love how people are talking about him as if he's from some tropical climate not used to a bit of cold. He's from Eastern Europe ffs! :lol:

That and he's being playing in Manchester for the last four years, hardly Benidorm!

Manchester is the 9th wettest city in GB (tu)

In football terms weve seen next to nothing.

I would say we have definitely learned that he has great control of the ball while running, he is hard to knock off his feet, and he can cross.

We still don't know if he is consistent, or if he always makes the right decisions (3 out of 4 times he did on Sunday), or if he has the stamina to last a full 90 minutes on a regular basis. Or a whole lot more as well to be fair.

But what we have learned is exciting and rare for our club in recent history.

Wtf

Aaron played one game against a lower league team in the cup iirc, not really a similar comparison.

if i could be arsed to trawl through here to find it you will see where im coming from ,my post wasn't directly aimed at yourself , a lot of people embarresed themselves over Aaron ,i was even excited as i had read a lot about him prior to him signing as i like to keep an eye on the next upcoming talent etc. (FM loyal ) :lol: but some of our fans go WAY over the top without actually checking the player out , the same could be said about Jelavic , to most he is a relative unknown yet they were creaming themselves over him signing , whether its cause we had signed someone whatever

In 20 minutes young Weiss showed more speed, intelligence and simple footballing joy than Girafferty has shown in two seasons. He'll do us a turn then move on but other foreign players will see that Rangers are a good option in their careers just like Arteta, Gio, Rino and now Jelavic.