Great Britain Team

Talksport raised the subject of a Great Britain/United Kingdom team this morning in the discussion as to whether they should call up Spanish "reject" Arteta.

With England failing to make an impact at the World cup it got me thinking... if we were to have a GB/UK team what players (NI, Wales, England or Scotland) would make the starting line up?

Would wee Davis get a look in? Would Gordon? Bellamy? Fletcher? Miller?

What would be your line up?

mines would be

McGregor

Hutton Terry Ferdinand Cole

Davis Fletcher Lampard

Gerrard

Rooney Bellamy

doh

Explain to me why I have to like the English?

What have they ever done for us, this country went through years of troubles to stay part of the Union and those cunts would give us back to Ireland at the first oppertunity.

The only reason they aren't is because they won't be held responsible for the aftermath.

Explain to me why I have to like the English?

What have they ever done for us, this country went through years of troubles to stay part of the Union and those cunts would give us back to Ireland at the first oppertunity.

The only reason they aren't is because they won't be held responsible for the aftermath.

So I ask again why the union jack?

Surely if you hate the English that much you would rather your nation were independent from it?

So I ask again why the union jack?

Surely if you hate the English that much you would rather your nation were independent from it?

That sig wasn't made by me to begin with, I just had my name put to it because I liked it.

When I asked for my name to be put to it I was thinking more of Rangers and Hamburg.

I appreciate Rangers have a connection to more or less everything Unionist and lets be honest the Union flag is probably one of our main ones at this club.

I have probably went to far by saying I hate everything English, because thats not true, I hate their international team and fans, and I hate the arrogant snobbish majority in that country.

McGregor

Hutton (on top form!)--- Terry --- Ferdinand --- A. Cole

Lennon --- Lampard --- Gerrard ---- A. Johnson

Rooney --- Defoe

Maybe this.....

Gerrard and Lampard wouldn't work well but, in a theoretical sense at least, I think they're the best two CMs.

Unless you went out of your way to include players from Scotland, Wales and NI then the only non englishman in the team on merit would be Bellamy or maybe Gareth Bale at left midfield.

Both Shagger and Gordon are better than any English GK, and Glen Johnson is a fucking horrible defender.

Both Shagger and Gordon are better than any English GK, and Glen Johnson is a fucking horrible defender.

Joe Hart has been playing out his skin at a far higher level than McGregor. That means he gets picked untill such times as McGregor goes to a proper league and shows what he can do at the top level. Gordon is injured, and is no doubt a talented keeper, but i'd stil go with Hart. I wouldnt pick Johnson myself, and i assume you are arguing for Hutton here, but Glen Johnson being a horrible defender doesnt mean that Hutton is the best man for the job. He isnt getting a game for Spurs right now, l;et alone a hypothetical GB side.

Pretty close between McGregor and Hart.

Glen Johnson isn't great but is better than Hutton, I think a Rangers forum is the only place you would see him picked as the best RB in Britain.

Hart

G. Johnson Terry Evans Cole

A. Johnson Fletcher Lampard Bale

Gerrard

Rooney