Nikica Jelavic work permit

papaguy51

Jelavic debut may be delayed

Michael Grant

Nikica Jelavic may be prevented from making his debut on Saturday after it emerged that Rangers have still to ask for a work permit panel to be convened.

The £4m deal has been done to sign the striker from Rapid Vienna but until the Croat receives the documentation to enable him to work in Britain, he will not be able to play. It is believed he has not actually signed his four-year deal yet because if he did, and the permit was refused, Rangers would still be forced to honour his contract under Fifa rules.

There will be no hitch to the transfer but the earliest a panel could sit would be tomorrow. Once the appeal for a permit is approved the 24-year-old would have to present his passport and paperwork at the British Embassy in Croatia. The deal would then have to be registered with the SPL by 5pm on Friday in order for him to face St Johnstone.

It is thought Rangers will try to push through a deal in but, if not, the earliest he could appear would be at Hamilton on 11 September.

Jelavic could be joined at Ibrox by Salim Kerkar, the Algerian midfielder who has spent the last week on trial at the club.

“I am training hard and I hope to convince the management to sign me,” he said. “They may tell me to go, they may sign me.”

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely the club would have started proceedings as soon as the transfer was finalised? Somebody in Glasgow football circles could have told us the easy way to get work permits approved in a matter of hours.

Is it the club's fault though? Or is it the fault of those that sit on the panel?

Celtic seem to have no problems getting work permits, but then again, the panel is made of of tims.....

Is it the club's fault though? Or is it the fault of those that sit on the panel?

Celtic seem to have no problems getting work permits, but then again, the panel is made of of tims.....

This....

I'm sure there was a case before of a player having his work permit delayed dut to the panel!! Can't remember for the life of me who it was!! :rolleyes:

Yes they manage to get work permits in a matter of hours despite the quality or experience of some of their signings. However,the way Iread the article seemed to suggest that we have not even started any sort of application nevermind asking for the panel to be convened.Hopefully, just one of the Herald scare stories.

you said it...

I recon this is media spin as we have not announced anything since the signing re WP. Still, its only Wednesday... :jelavic:

The official criteria,

The Scottish FA’s rules on work permit endorsements follow the same guidelines as previously outlined by the Home Office. For the SFA to give their approval, the player in question must have played 75 per cent of his nation’s competitive games – excluding friendlies – in the last two years.

Furthermore, the country the player is coming from must be in the top 70 of Fifa’s rankings. Failure to meet these requirements results in an automatic rejection of any application for an SFA endorsement for a work permit certificate of sponsorship.

He seemingly does not meet the first criteria, but his Country obviously meets the second.

The official criteria,

The Scottish FA’s rules on work permit endorsements follow the same guidelines as previously outlined by the Home Office. For the SFA to give their approval, the player in question must have played 75 per cent of his nation’s competitive games – excluding friendlies – in the last two years.

Furthermore, the country the player is coming from must be in the top 70 of Fifa’s rankings. Failure to meet these requirements results in an automatic rejection of any application for an SFA endorsement for a work permit certificate of sponsorship.

He seemingly does not meet the first criteria, but his Country obviously meets the second.

did koki muzuno, or half the other funny names in thier team match the first?????

The official criteria,

The Magical Koki mizuno got his work permit within days despite the fact he had no caps whatsoever , the best player they had ever seen in front of the panel you know , he went on to mkae 5 appearances in 2 years and is now back in Japan :rolleyes:

did koki muzuno, or half the other funny names in thier team match the first?????

No they didn't. And if I recall it was intially denied for Mizuno until a plea was made by Strachan to the board pronouncing him with as much skill and potential as Nakamura. :BELM:

11 games he played...

We should be concentrating on our own work permit applications and not worrying about others, our present situation is Jelavic and has he in fact put pen to paper, or is it preliminary, subject to a permit being granted, the SFA criteria is there make of it what you will.

But the whole sorry saga that is and has been the Jelavic transfer requires serious reappraisal of Bains role in this matter.

He was announced last week as our new signing! Surely the club would not make such an announcement if he hadn't out pen to paper?

For now I will call this bull shit and assume the club has applied for the work permit.

It's too big of an oversight to make!

He was announced last week as our new signing! Surely the club would not make such an announcement if he hadn't out pen to paper?

For now I will call this bull shit and assume the club has applied for the work permit.

It's too big of an oversight to make!

Jardel ring any bells.

We should be concentrating on our own work permit applications and not worrying about others, our present situation is Jelavic and has he in fact put pen to paper, or is it preliminary, subject to a permit being granted, the SFA criteria is there make of it what you will.

But the whole sorry saga that is and has been the Jelavic transfer requires serious reappraisal of Bains role in this matter.

What that he was fucked about by the cunts in Austria , hardly his fault is it ? Walter told him he was the main target and thanks to Bain sticking in there we should have our man :doh:

I think some people hate him without actually knowing why they do :rolleyes: