Were will our group be won/lost

KingKirk

Our first 3 matches are vital, we have Man Utd away and then Bursaspor & Valencia at home.

If we can get 4-6 points from our first 3 matches then we're in with a chance. If we get anything from OT it's a bonus i'm not expecting anything except to keep the scoreline respectable and to defend well.

The pressure will be on the next 2 games at home, i think we have to beat Bursaspor at home and have a good go at beating Valencia at home too although a draw wouldn't be the worst result.

Then Valencia away will be difficult although if we stick to a game plan and keep it tight at the back without making any silly mistakes then we could nick a point.

By the time we play Man Utd at home hopefully they're safely through allowing them to play a reserve side therefore giving us a chance to get something from them at Ibrox.

The final game away to Bursaspor will be tough as well, defending is the key again. If we can manage to re-kindle the way we defended when we got to the Uefa Cup final then we have an opportunity to progress.

The tactics we deployed when playing Werder Bremen & Sporting Lisbon that season should be done again similarly in our away ties in the CL as well as at home to United & Valencia.

first 2 games imo , we have to have a good start , i know im being optimistic but we can get a draw at old trafford and i would expect us to beat bursaspor

we had a disaster last champions league , but if we go in with the right tactics then we will get through the group :uk::21:

no surrender !!!!!

I think out of our 3 home games we must take at least 4 point away game at least 3points this should get 3rd place depending on other results of course. :beer1:

No willing to settle for 3rd place second is where we need to be aiming for. Walter does need another winger, full back and centre mid all of quality to guarantee Champions League fitba after Christmas. I am hearing Spurs are trying to send us Hutton back either on loan or swap for shagger.

I think all the teams are capable of taking points off each other and this group is not so clear cut a some may think, ie; Man Utd runaway winners with Valencia 2nd and us and the Turks fighting for 3rd. It will be much more complex than that. Every game will be vital for every team. For Rangers, tactics and confidence in those tactics will be the key. And the players having the belief that we can be as good as anyone in our group on the day.

TBH, I wouldn't be that surprised with six draws but hope for at least a win or two at Ibrox.

I think we play better as the underdogs so I'm hoping for battling performances in all the games. If we get anything off Man Utd then it's a bonus and we should be aiming to take 4 points each of Valencia and Bursuspor. It would have been nice to have the last game at home but the two home games against Valencia and Bursuspor will make or break the group

Let's try and take each game as it comes... We had a "easier" group last year and look how that turned out...

True mate... like most, I think we do much better against the best teams. I expect Valencia to be extremely hard.. ManU? Of course.. and the Turkish side will be no pushovers. Can't see how this is an 'easy' group tbh. I'm glad it's tough.

But we need to make teams fear coming to IBROX. We need to get off to good starts and not wait for Walter's half time 'talk'.

At home.

In an ideal world we would come out of our home ties with 7 points.

Our away form has always been good in Europe.

If we can perform at home im very confident we can go through.

7 points could be enough but my aim is 10.