Kenny Miller

derekweir29

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Record trying to get the fans to round on Miller. Ffs there were no quotes in that piece that suggested he was moving and he states that he has not commented on his contract or potential transfer, he is getting his head down and scoring goals for us. I'd hardly call that opening his heart to the paper. Remember this is a rhag and they will imply whatever the fuck they want about us and a player who is in the midst of garnering a near 100% of fan support. Fuck the Rhecord!! WATP!!

That Record article IS nothing, nowhere in it is he quoted to say anything I wouldn't expect ANY footballer in his position to say. For "Kenny Miller opens his heart to the Record" read "Kenny? Have you got a second for a couple of questions?"

For "admits he has a young family to think of" read "how's the kids, Kenny?" ... "aye,good thanks."

The Daily Record ( and every other tabloid) is there to make money - not report "news." To do that their tactic is to take a straightforward article and spin it so that it becomes a headline. Mr Jackson, or his editor, have skillfully taken a nothing story and using some implication and contextual lisence, made it look like something else. They have done it that way so the reader makes up his/her mind as to what they are reading and the Record can't be held liable.

The part where Kenny talks about the interest from the Middle East I find interesting. He is basically having a go at the Media, not admitting to being interested. It's as though he's saying " where are you going to link me with next, what Market is open after this? You won't unsettle me and my start to the season. "

My advice is take these articles with a pinch of salt - they will never be written in the best interests of the reader nor the subject - only ,in fact, to make money.

the papers sole aim is to make money, as u said mate also the person that writes the article, is not the person that makes the headline.