Games Moved

andymc10

THE SPL has confirmed today that this season's New Year fixture against Celtic, initially scheduled for January 1, will now be played at Ibrox on January 2, kick-off time 12.45pm.

The League has also announced a number of changes to kick-off times in December and January to accomodate TV.

On Saturday, December 11, Rangers' match against Inverness at the Caledonian Stadium will start at 12.45pm as opposed to 3pm and will be shown live on ESPN.

The club's visits to Fir Park and McDiarmid Park on December 26 and 29 respectively will also be shown live on this channel.

The kick-off time for the game against the Steelmen has yet to be confirmed but the Saints fixture will go ahead at 7.45pm as indicated at the start of the season.

On Saturday, January 22 the Light Blues will take on Hearts at Tynecastle but this game will now get underway at 12.45pm as opposed to 3pm and will be shown live on Sky Sports.

Walter Smith's men are then back to in the capital to face Hibs at Easter Road on January 26 and this fixture will be live on ESPN, kick-off time stays at 7.45pm.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100930/celtic-game-moved_2254024_2170664

Bad news, anniversary of the Ibrox disaster on the 2nd any tribute arranged will be ruined by THEM.

I'd hope not as they were there when it happened 40 years ago. I hope they do respect the minutes silence we have. If they don't then I think we should make an official complaint to the SFA about it.

I'd hope not as they were there when it happened 40 years ago. I hope they do respect the minutes silence we have. If they don't then I think we should make an official complaint to the SFA about it.

Usually I would disagree with complaining as It's a petty thing but not if they done anything this time, and if they did it should be treated as a major incident seeing that 66 people lost there life's that day.

thats shite ! a wanted a new years day fixture against the scum, the atmosphere would hav been even better than it usually is !

Would cost our club 3 times more than normal as we'd have to pay the club staff bonus for working new years day, and the police get triple pay for new years day. Thats why it was moved.

Usually I would disagree with complaining as It's a petty thing but not if they done anything this time, and if they did it should be treated as a major incident seeing that 66 people lost there life's that day.

Thats exactly it - 66 INNOCENT people died, and whats more, it was an old firm game it happened at, so i'd expect common sence from them.... yeah, common sence, i just read what i said. But still, you'd expect it.

They will not respect any silence, but I just hope that Jardine has no say in it, or we will all be clapping like fucking seals.

Do the right thing, Rangers.

No way in HELL should we clap the dead. That would be a disgrace and not a mark of respect. IGNORANCE it would be. Clap for a goal, Clap for something good, you are SILENT for a tragic event. Can you imagine at a funeral "And lets bow our heads, and have a small applause for the deceaced".

Should be a minutes applause so they canny spoil nuthin the rhats

Dont bow to them! Silence is the only way. if they want to show themself up, let them, they will be the ones who get the reprimand from the SPL and SFA and will show their club up to waht it is. SILENCE is the only way! NEVER aplause.

IMagine the familys of those killed, would they be happy with an applause?! i knwo if it was me i woudl not be! When they read out the 2977 who were killed on 9/11, i would be upset if they started an applause, its an emotional day as it is

RANGERS Football Club and its supporters will commemorate those who tragically lost their lives in the 1971 Ibrox Disaster on the 40th anniversary in January.

A special memorial service for the families and friends will be held at Ibrox Stadium on Monday 3rd January at which 66 John Greig and Sandy Jardine lay a wreath at the Ibrox MemorialRangers fans who died after the Old Firm derby in 1971 will be remembered.

The 40th anniversary will also be marked on the 2nd January, 2011 with a minute's silence and other tributes at the Old Firm match at Ibrox. Final details will be confirmed in due course.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100930/club-to-mark-40th-anniversary-of-ibrox-disaster-_2254024_2170715