Valencia Rangers meet up

cosmoger

Hello Bears,

For those of you that attended the pub Bordello's over the days you were in Bucharest, I thought it would be a great idea to have similar style organised bars for Bears to meet up in the city of Valencia.

I took it upon myself to organise something for Bucharest as I thought it would give the fans a central meeting point, create a good atmosphere and give us drink promotions in place with food offers. After doing a little research on pubs and bars in Valencia I choose 2 which are located in Canovas district of Valencia (10-15 min walk to Mestalla.

Description of area

Right next to the centre, the buzzing Canovas nightlife is the mainstream weekend hub of Valencia, with a multitude of pubs, bars and nightlcubs.

Canovas is the vibrant mainstream nightlife hub of Valencia. That is to say it is preferred by people who are not after the alternative or uderground, who, after a week in the office, want to pass a noisy weekend in "normal pop" and surrounded by a general Valencian crowd dressed for the weekend nigthlfie.

For the lack of left-right conflict you sometimes find in Carmen, Canovas nightlife is devoid of much pretention. It is a very lively, flamboyant area where Valencian nightlife breathes strong and easy, generally not taking itself too seriously (with the exception of a few places) and placing mainstream music where it is meant to be - as the background to having fun, getting drunk, mating and communicating. This makes Canovas one of the friendlest and easy-going places to go out in Valencia.

The first pub I contacted was Portland Ale house owned by an American guy called Mike who when I called was very keen and accomodationg for what I'd asked for.

javrbp.png

www.portlandalehouse.com (American Micro-Brewery pub)

He has offered the following

Use of the bar's music system screens for sports events on TV

Beer for Pint Estella damm 2.50 euros

artisan beer 3.00 euros

Normal spirits with mixer or juice 5.00 euros vodka, whiskey, gin, rum. alcohol in each mixed drink.

Soft drinks include coke, coke light, fanta orange, fanta lemon red bull .50 cents extra

Shots/chupitos mixed 1.00; straight shots like tequila or Jagger 2.00 euros

They will do some free shots for different tables as the night goes on.

Capacity is 130 in the pub for special events such as this.

25 to 35 seating area outside.

Food menu promos:

5.00 euros

BLT bacon, lettuce, tomato with Chips

Stormin Norman: Grilled ham, lettuce, tomato with Chips

Nachos: refried beans, beef, guacamole, cheese,sour cream chicken quesadilla Pizza bread

This bar is approx a 10 - 15 min walk to Stadium Mestalla and only 3-4 euros in a cab.

There is another pub just along the road called Gordons who are also willing to accomodate us and are offering the following

www.gordon10.com

10nxd1v.jpg

They brew their own beer!

Lots of Belgian and speciality beers!

Full use of pub and their music system

The price of the lager beer 2.5 euros

Litre of beer - 5 euros

Spirits with mixers - 5 euros.

Sft drinks - 2 euros

Onion rings: 3.80 euros

Hamburguers: 3.50 euros

Sandwiches: 3.50 euros

Potatoes with sauces: 7 euros serves 3

Will post any more info maps etc as I get it.

Hope this works as well as Bordello's.

Update- Only weeks away now from our trip to Spain so thought I would add a little info on this thread

The american owner of the pub is looking to see if he can get some tickets for the match itself however he thinks they will be readily available to buy at stadium beforehand so not to worry ticketless bears.

These bars are not a long walk to Mestalla so if you are going to be based in Benidorm make your way to the Canovas district on the day of the match not far from the city center.

Spoke with one of the bar owners and he has told me it was 26 degrees today and the weather should be decent and possibly still warm early Novemeber which is nice.

Will update any more relevant info as I have it.

Map of where Porland Ale house microbrewery is located

http://www.portlandalehouse.com/PAH/Directions.html

Bordellos was good enough over in Bucharest! The wee barmaids as well were out of this world :drool:

Didn't help that no-one had heard of the pub and " Bordellos " generally meant brothel over there, we got some strange looks that night asking for it!

Helped us later on at night though :D

Gd work fella (tu)

There will be other bars close by I'm sure as there will be high no.s. Nice to hear about the ticket situation aswell. Was the bar owner quite confident about additional tiks being availible?

yes they will be available to buy no probs.

Bordellos was good enough over in Bucharest! The wee barmaids as well were out of this world :drool:

Didn't help that no-one had heard of the pub and " Bordellos " generally meant brothel over there, we got some strange looks that night asking for it!

Helped us later on at night though :D

Christ!!! :drool:

Bordellos was good enough over in Bucharest! The wee barmaids as well were out of this world drool.gif

Helped us later on at night though biggrin.gif

Never noticed them maself..................................