McGregor having the SFA go after him for McGuire kick

trueblue68

Fucking shocking

THE SFA could be set to hammer Allan McGregor - as national boss Craig Levein pleads for him to play through the pain for Scotland.

SunSport can reveal the Rangers star is being carpeted for aiming a kick at Aberdeen striker Chris Maguire - THIRTEEN days ago.

McGregor has been referred to Hampden's disciplinary committee after the incident in the 3-2 win at Pittodrie.

It's understood Gers are furious it has taken a fortnight for SFA bosses to act.

Astonishingly, Gregsy's case will be heard just hours before frantic gaffer Levein begs him to answer the nation's SOS.

Scotland are in the throes of a keeper crisis ahead of tonight's crunch Euro 2012 qualifier against the Czech Republic.

McGregor is struggling with a thigh injury but will be asked to start in Prague because established No1 Craig Gordon is nowhere near match-fit.

Earlier in the day, the SFA beaks will meet at Hampden to decide whether or not to punish the Ibrox keeper.

If found guilty the 28-year-old will be banned for next week's SPL clash with Motherwell.

McGregor is accused of deliberately aiming a kick at Dons star Maguire.

The matter was brought to the attention of new SFA chief Stewart Regan on Tuesday and he referred it to the disciplinary panel - a full TEN DAYS after the alleged flashpoint.

Rangers are raging McGregor could now be punished for what they regard as a 'nothing incident' which was not highlighted at the time.

Ibrox insiders also claim SFA officials have tried to keep the issue quiet.

A Gers source told SunSport: "It seems strange that this case has not been brought to public attention.

"Is that because Scotland badly need Allan to play against the Czech Republic?

"Usually it is known which players are due in front of the disciplinary committee. That's not been the case with Allan."

McGregor's understood to be stunned by the allegations facing him.

Both he and Gers must now sweat on the outcome of today's meeting.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/3170781/SFA-put-Gregsy-in-the-dock.html#ixzz11ihPgheQ

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By ANDY DEVLIN

Published: Today

The SFA could be set to hammer Allan McGregor - as national boss Craig Levein pleads for him to play through the pain for Scotland.

SunSport can reveal the Rangers star is being carpeted for aiming a kick at Aberdeen striker Chris Maguire - THIRTEEN days ago.

McGregor has been referred to Hampden's disciplinary committee after the incident in the 3-2 win at Pittodrie.

It's understood Gers are furious it has taken a fortnight for SFA bosses to act.

Astonishingly, Gregsy's case will be heard just hours before frantic gaffer Levein begs him to answer the nation's SOS.

Scotland are in the throes of a keeper crisis ahead of tonight's crunch Euro 2012 qualifier against the Czech Republic.

McGregor is struggling with a thigh injury but will be asked to start in Prague because established No1 Craig Gordon is nowhere near match-fit.

Earlier in the day, the SFA beaks will meet at Hampden to decide whether or not to punish the Ibrox keeper.

If found guilty the 28-year-old will be banned for next week's SPL clash with Motherwell.

McGregor is accused of deliberately aiming a kick at Dons star Maguire.

The matter was brought to the attention of new SFA chief Stewart Regan on Tuesday and he referred it to the disciplinary panel - a full ten days - after the alleged flashpoint.

Rangers are raging McGregor could now be punished for what they regard as a 'nothing incident' which was not highlighted at the time.

Ibrox insiders also claim SFA officials have tried to keep the issue quiet.

A Gers source told SunSport: "It seems strange that this case has not been brought to public attention.

"Is that because Scotland badly need Allan to play against the Czech Republic?

"Usually it is known which players are due in front of the disciplinary committee. That's not been the case with Allan."

McGregor's understood to be stunned by the allegations facing him.

Both he and Gers must now sweat on the outcome of today's meeting.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/3170781/SFA-put-Gregsy-in-the-dock.html#ixzz11ii1vqMH

A bit shite.

To be fair if he got suspended for the Motherwell game as a result of that attempted kick, I couldn't have too many complaints. Infact, not one complaint. He was stupid and needs to cut this stuff out of his game.

However ...

I can think of 2 or 3 Celtic incidents similar this season that hasn't even been mentioned outwith Rangers forums etc.

Parity, please. That's all.

Surely there is a time limit on something like this?

McGregor was wrong in doing so but the amount of time its took for this to happen is wrong as well.

I'd have been a lot more accepting of this if it was the day after the game but its nearly two weeks ago ffs.

Well that seem's fair, I mean he may have missed, but it's the fact he tried to do it that counts. Just hope Chris Maguire's ok after it, I'm sure he felt better when he saw McCulloch gettin' his back stamped on or when whittaker took an elbow to the head or maybe when Aberdeen were constantly gettin' away with fouls which could have easily seen red. But, hey, let's not punish the referee for that game either, a referee that is clearly unfit to do his job right or fairly. Yeah, lets just be happy "justice" is being done to this horrible man who attempted to kick another player. Aye, there''s no unfair treatment towards Rangers at all, none at all.

Also Anthony Stokes's challenge at Kilmarnock?

There's just no consistency here, that's what get's at me, I can fully understand why McGregor could be punished, it was stupid.

But in the same game there was an incident were contact was actually made.

:lol: this is fucking mad,hours before he plays for scotland. I know some people won't agree,but i would tell them to shove there cap right up there arse.

As much as I'd love him to do that, McGregor was still in the wrong and probably deserves to be hauled up.

However, the timing fucking stinks. Infact McGregor could be excused for thinking it was something personal when Sheep Shaggers and tims have been getting away with murder this season.

I bet the SFA will put him out for the Old firm game. An attempted kick shouldn't be punished more than a 1 game ban. Surely they should of done a few days after the game.

As much as I'd love him to do that, McGregor was still in the wrong and probably deserves to be hauled up.

However, the timing fucking stinks. Infact McGregor could be excused for thinking it was something personal when Sheep Shaggers and tims have been getting away with murder this season.

He never even got booked for it though,or spoken to by the ref. It was andy walker who brought it to people attentions,thats what makes even more stranger. The game is well gone,so how can they go all the back to 13 days ago,and ban someone.? who didn't even get booked for in the actual game.?

He never even got booked for it though,or spoken to by the ref. It was andy walker who brought it to people attentions,thats what makes even more stranger. The game is well gone,so how can they go all the back to 13 days ago,and ban someone.? who didn't even get booked for in the actual game.?

It's because he never got booked that the SFA can punish him now whatever way they see fit !!

I bet the SFA will put him out for the Old firm game. An attempted kick shouldn't be punished more than a 1 game ban. Surely they should of done a few days after the game.

I bet they will be begging for him to be scotland no1 though.? And supporting him in this game. this is why i cannot support these fucking idiots.

It's because he never got booked that the SFA can punish him now whatever way they see fit !!

really don't know why you seem to think there right?. there just trying to fuck us up,because they know we have a small squad. just lucky for us Alexander can be trusted in goal.

really don't know why you seem to think there right?. there just trying to fuck us up,because they know we have a small squad. just lucky for us Alexander can be trusted in goal.

What do you mean?

The only thing the SFA have to blame themselfs for is the timing and the fact they have ignored other incidents.

For the rest you can blame McGregor. Stupid isn't the word.

As I said at the start, we can't complain because he kicked out.

The double standards and timing piss me off - but that's a different issue.