McGregor having the SFA go after him for McGuire kick

trueblue68

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it being reported in the sun only or is it widespread news? I don't believe it tbh. If it's true I think it's been deliberately held until now so they can suspend him for OF game. Why else?

On a side note.. The game against hearts, after naisy scores and we are running down the clock, mcgregor stands with the ball at his feet wasting time waiting for the hearts boy to challenge him, when he goes at mcgregor, greegsy picks up the ball, thats fine but when the hearts boy Is running away I'm sure mcgregor sticks his right foot out toward the player. Not as bad as Aberdeen but I thought at the time "fuck!!, the refs gona see that", but no-one did, not even that wank burley commented. I was very surprised. Did anyone else see this ?

Is it being reported in the sun only or is it widespread news? I don't believe it tbh. If it's true I think it's been deliberately held until now so they can suspend him for OF game. Why else?

On a side note.. The game against hearts, after naisy scores and we are running down the clock, mcgregor stands with the ball at his feet wasting time waiting for the hearts boy to challenge him, when he goes at mcgregor, greegsy picks up the ball, thats fine but when the hearts boy Is running away I'm sure mcgregor sticks his right foot out toward the player. Not as bad as Aberdeen but I thought at the time "fuck!!, the refs gona see that", but no-one did, not even that wank burley commented. I was very surprised. Did anyone else see this ?

Its in the record as well. I have a bad feeling they will ban him for the OF game.

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/scotland/2010/10/08/sfa-ready-to-hit-allan-mcgregor-with-ban-as-he-prepares-for-scotland-s-vital-euro-2012-crunch-with-czech-republic-86908-22617745/

The SFA deal with any and all disciplinary procedure for all the leagues and cup competitions in Scotland at all levels, this was also on the BBC website this morning as a story, and it's where I saw it first before this thread.

But, as has been mentioned, IF there is any punishment and a suspension given then he would miss the Motherwell match and not the OF.

Regulations state a punishment would be served in approximately 7 days from the decision being made, this would affect the Motherwell game not the OF.

But I agree with another poster, that if McGregor should be given some form of punishment then the SFA should be swamped with all these incidents against our players which seem to have been missed.

I hope thats a fucking wind-up.

The stamp on McCulloch, Black getting away with a yellow card.

Granted McGregor was an idiot, but come to fuck. Show a bit of balance. Is it better if you make contact nowadays?

Excellent point. If he did, probably a yellow (in the SPHell). Seems you need to commit f*cking murder to get a red these days?

Timeing is shocking and there have been lots of other players that should be done the same.

But, the big but is he was wrong and he has done this more than once and he will get sent off one day if he keeps going on like this.

He was about three feet away from making contact.

But does the punishment not start 14days after it's been given out? I'm sure that was a rule

I've read the SFA rules mate, and it states quite clearly 7 days.

3.3.11 The commencement date for suspensions imposed by the Disciplinary Committee is seven days from the date of the meeting at which the suspension was imposed unless for any reason the details of the suspension were not intimated to the player at such meeting, in which case it will be effective seven days after the date on which the decision was intimated by recorded delivery letter to the player.

From the Daily Rubbish link above

The rules allow two weeks to bring a case - which the Ibrox No.1 doesn't have to attend - but the SFA couldn't begin it sooner than today because there were no top brass at Hampden.

President George Peat was out the country. while new chief exec Stewart Regan hadn't started.

It is understood that because of the unusual circumstances they considered delaying the hearing until Monday.

But had they waited and dished out a ban then, McGregor would have missed the Old Firm clash on October 24.

Everything grinds to a halt because of two men ? Cowboy organization.

The rules allow two weeks to bring a case - which the Ibrox No.1 doesn't have to attend - but the SFA couldn't begin it sooner than today because there were no top brass at Hampden.

President George Peat was out the country. while new chief exec Stewart Regan hadn't started.

It is understood that because of the unusual circumstances they considered delaying the hearing until Monday.

But had they waited and dished out a ban then, McGregor would have missed the Old Firm clash on October 24.

Roughly translated means the Kangaroo Court will be banning him for one game but shat themselves at the thought of him missing the OF game and the inevitable backlash from Rangers and the Fans.

The last bit was irony for those that do that kind of thing.

the treatment of our club by the sfa is is a joke and has been for years. this will continue as long as we have no one at senior level with any balls.our fuckin chairman will probably sit down in a pub somewhere in america to watch the next match and wonder why mcgregor isnt playing.absolutely ridiculous, this is all being brought about by biased media exposure and nobody from our club says or does anything.

Irrespective, McGregor's defense probably would be, he raised his leg to protect himself because it looked like McGuire was going to deliberately barge into him even though there was no chance of him getting the ball, and he felt he had to because of the unnecessary aggression that had been getting shown to fellow players. :sherlock:

Who? That is the assault i want looked at.

If you did that unintentionally would you not go straight over to the player and apologise or at least make sure he is ok?

You can tell an awful lot by a players immediate reaction to an incident.