McGregor having the SFA go after him for McGuire kick

trueblue68

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be in two minds to tell them were to stick it, there was an article in the Herald this morning creaming over Craig Gordon. Saying he could get more than Dalgeish's 102 caps and that he should just allow Shagger to have a few against Spain and the Czech Republic because he won't be getting many anymore.

Play your precious wee Gordon then. There isn't much between Gordon and McGregor at all, two guesses why they don't want McGregor playing.

McGregor should never of gone back to them after the way some are treating him.

The sfa cannot pull this up and not other incidents this season... that very game in fact.

If they do then it's a disgrace and shows a clear agenda against mcgregor and rangers.

I'm not one for complaining but this will even stir me to write a strongly worded letter to the sfa demanding a level playing field.

And also this was brought to his attention this week..... By who I wonder?

There was nothing in this 'kick' - if Andy Walker hadn't pointed it out, no one would have even realised there was a case. How can you go back two weeks, after we have played a further two games, and punish someone for such a trivial thing. That is, without mentioning worse incidents from the opposition team in the same game.

It's easy to say people are paranoid or say they are looking through blue-tinted specs - but if it isn't sheer bias this season, it's incompetence and inconsisteny.

Fucking shocking

THE SFA could be set to hammer Allan McGregor - as national boss Craig Levein pleads for him to play through the pain for Scotland.

SunSport can reveal the Rangers star is being carpeted for aiming a kick at Aberdeen striker Chris Maguire - THIRTEEN days ago.

McGregor has been referred to Hampden's disciplinary committee after the incident in the 3-2 win at Pittodrie.

It's understood Gers are furious it has taken a fortnight for SFA bosses to act.

Astonishingly, Gregsy's case will be heard just hours before frantic gaffer Levein begs him to answer the nation's SOS.

Scotland are in the throes of a keeper crisis ahead of tonight's crunch Euro 2012 qualifier against the Czech Republic.

McGregor is struggling with a thigh injury but will be asked to start in Prague because established No1 Craig Gordon is nowhere near match-fit.

Earlier in the day, the SFA beaks will meet at Hampden to decide whether or not to punish the Ibrox keeper.

If found guilty the 28-year-old will be banned for next week's SPL clash with Motherwell.

McGregor is accused of deliberately aiming a kick at Dons star Maguire.

The matter was brought to the attention of new SFA chief Stewart Regan on Tuesday and he referred it to the disciplinary panel - a full TEN DAYS after the alleged flashpoint.

Rangers are raging McGregor could now be punished for what they regard as a 'nothing incident' which was not highlighted at the time.

Ibrox insiders also claim SFA officials have tried to keep the issue quiet.

A Gers source told SunSport: "It seems strange that this case has not been brought to public attention.

"Is that because Scotland badly need Allan to play against the Czech Republic?

"Usually it is known which players are due in front of the disciplinary committee. That's not been the case with Allan."

McGregor's understood to be stunned by the allegations facing him.

Both he and Gers must now sweat on the outcome of today's meeting.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/3170781/SFA-put-Gregsy-in-the-dock.html#ixzz11ihPgheQ

So who exactly brought it to the attention of the beaks and what is the protocol for notifying them?

Maybe we should all 'notify' them of the stamp on McCulloch

Could those who want to make fun of their fellow Rangers fans pointing out discrepancies in the coverage of such incidents care to comment on what effect this media balance has had here?

Absolutely.

Cannot believe we have posters on here agreeing with it. Well actually, I can, but that's another thread for another day.

Stokes challenge that NO ONE mentioned was worse than McGregor's so called kick.

NO FENIAN APOLOGIST in the media deemed fit to mention it or even call it remotely controversial or pre-meditated.

NO FENIAN APOLOGIST in the media deemed fit to mention the stamp on McCulloch's back.A two footed stamp.Anyone who has played the game and has found themself in that situation will know perfectly well your first instinct is to step with one foot and try and avoid doing any further damage.The cnut who stood on him did so with both feet and made no attempt to try and avoid doing so.

You then have the deliberate and pre-meditated assault on Jelavic that has been conveniently dropped as it was an "Honest attempt to win the ball"...WAS IT FUCK.

The timing as per usual from the SFA is awful and has anyone not asked why it wasn't referred to the review panel within this supposed new time frame that the FENIAN APOLOGISTS themselves demanded last season?

First of all McGregor was daft to kick out and in the match thread at the time I'm sure many posters said this.

HOWEVER yet again it seems that it is a Rangers player who is potentially being punished via video evidence. I dont have the stats to back this up and I can't be arsed finding out, but from my own memory I'm pretty sure that about 75% of cases referred to this video panel seem to be incidents involving Rangers players. You can even go back to that whole 'Boozegate' incident where Ferguson and again McGregor were made examples of, when other players (such as Celtics captain) were equally involved and got away scot-free.

All we should be asking for and expecting is parity with all other clubs. Should this punishment go ahead then fair enough, but unless other players then undergo the same scrutiny and punishment, for example the stamp on McCulloch allready highlighted, then it looks increasingly as if it is indeed one club who are being singled out. If this is the case then its time the club took some serious action.

When I read that report in The Sun this morning I immediately thought that its about time McGregor told the SFA to ram their caps up their arse, however the club cant refuse to release players for international duty or pull them out of squads so I'm not quite sure what action the club can take that would send a strong enough message to say we've had enough.

And yet fans think there is no agenda! Youngs stamp on Lee McCulloch please???????? Stokes stamp.....Juarez diving......Mikoliunas was banned for diving, Ki Sung Yeung lung too......ignored.....Ian Black, yellow card for an attack on Nika, McGregor has a fresh air...half swipe, not even a proper kick......possible ban and back page headlines!!!!!!!!

Surely the papers should be asking the SFA why there is no parity with retrospective incidents? Oh thats right, the papers are in on the act too, they dont do parity either!

These people are trying their hardest to make us paranoid, were not, we can see right through them, we know the truth.

Any word from OUR club yet? Who am i kidding!?!

A Disgrace.

McGregor should tell Scotland and the SFA where to go, BEFORE the game tonight, all this nonsense, simply because he plays for Rangers! Poor guy.

McGregor was daft to throw a leg out but that's all it was. Keepers do it all the time. I cannot believe that other incidents are not being highlighted. The SFA are bent and incompetent and Rangers clearly need to start to fight this nonsense now!

As far as I'm aware, according to FIFA rules, they can only act if an incident is mentioned in the referee's report because according to FIFA - and this is their excuse for not using video technology during a game - the referee's decisions are final and they don't want that power to be taken away or some shit like that.

So.. if the referee did not see the incident during the game, who informed him of it? As far as I'm aware the SFA do not use video evidence. Which is obviously a blatant lie anyway as they do when it suits them.

If McGregor is banned for doing nothing - oh there was intent, ok tell me how you prove what his intent was. So then I'll just report every Celtc player who runs out the tunnel for the match at Septic Park because imo they all seem to have the intent of causing injury and they were looking at the Rangers players in a funny way.

Hence why Gordon Smith was forced out the SFA...they don't want anyone who has leanings towards Rangers.

That prick Thompson said more in one statement last season than he meant..........no-one in Scotland like Rangers from top to bottom.......as if we didn't know already , the SFA showing what they think of Rangers again

This surely has to be a load of shite? <cr>

If I've read the disciplinary regulations properly then the SFA are acting illegally, quick response to Redmond7, under SFA regulations when an incident which is deemed to have been missed by a match official can still be investigated and retrospective punishment given out, but as I said, even a disciplinary panel have to go through certain procedures.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/SFAHandbook/14%20DiscProced.pdf

It's from point 3.2 downwards which is the most relevant, and I can only presume it's on the allegation of violent conduct.

The big but, is that the SFA have to inform the player and club by recorded delivery both at home and at the club and give him an opportunity to attend the hearing with or without representatives.

If there is any truth in this investigation then they've acted in an underhand way as they've waited until he is out of the country so therefore he's not been given the opportunity to defend himself and I think they may be on a very slippery legal standing.

What is also interesting is that match officials have to submit their reports within 48 hours of a game but there is nothing in the regulations about the time-frames of retrospective investigations outwith the match official report.

As I said, if they go ahead with this it's totally disgusting and not only that if McGregor were to be found guilty the minimum he would get is a one game ban (Motherwell) and 3 disciplinary points against, if there is a decision against him and the club appealed we would then run the risk of the ban being increased, and/or playing against Motherwell but being suspended against Celtic.

I'm actually sitting here seething, talk about getting caught by the short and curlies.

Should have stated from page 46 onwards!