3D TV

StevieWonder88

I have seen a demo of them recently and i was amazed at just how 3 dimensional they were.

I was a bit suspicious, probably after years of seeing 3D with the two tone (passive) glasses, however the new active glasses make the experience so much more.

BUT .... i think the technology is still in it's formative period, the TV's are expensive & they are already looking into developing 3D technology without the need for glasses.

When watching the TV, you need to be sitting with an range of angle to the TV, the glasses are expensive & easily broken.

Personally, if someone offered me one i would bite your hand off but only a couple of years ago i bought a new 42" HD LCD and i am loath to change just for a bit of new tech.

They cost a bomb. Subscription fee's are £61 a month alone. The glasses will set you back £80-£150.

I don't think there is much point in getting one just now, I'd wait a few years down the line as they will be better, cheaper and there will be a lot more watchable content than there currently is.

I would wait as there isnt much out for it just now and with new tvs already been produced taking away the need for the glasses it would be worth it.

have seen it at the cinema and was pretty amazed and then tried it in currys and it was even better. Played GT5 in 3D and wasnt really blown away but then I only had about a minute and dont really think much of the game. Motorstorm apocolypse was alot better for the 3D aspect but still never had enough time on it.