Klasnic

Polo

I never understand why a top level professional football would need to rape somebody.

They are pretty much the top of the tree when it comes to 'catches' for young women, especially with the glamourising in recent year of 'wag' culture. Literally could have almost any girl they want with minimal effort. They'll get girls throwing themselves at them.

That's why I am always so sceptical when footballers are accused of rape. Footballers tend to be laddish, and not always that bright. It's not like a young businessman, who probably is quite sharp, unfamous, and not likely to get into these situations. They are easy, and rich, targets for false accusations.

Most rapists don't rape women because they can't get consensual sex. For a few quid you can get a prostitute. It's nothing to do with that. Attractiveness to women or lack thereof has no direct bearing on whatever psychological reasons would drive a person do to it.

As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a good looking, rich and successful footballer DID commit rape, as a result of a massively inflated sense of importance and authority. "Who do you think you are, turning me down, I can have any woman I want, but I won't, I'll have you, whether you like it or not."

As for Klasnic, I have no view.

If she is in fact lying, this will damage his reputation, no doubt.

McGregor still gets chants of "beast" by fans around the country, despite it being a non story. I hope this is a stupid wee girl trying to get some quick bucks, as I'm a big fan of Klasnic and really admire what he's been through.

I admire it as well, she sounds hot.

:pipe:

Most rapists don't rape women because they can't get consensual sex. For a few quid you can get a prostitute. It's nothing to do with that. Attractiveness to women or lack thereof has no direct bearing on whatever psychological reasons would drive a person do to it.

As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a good looking, rich and successful footballer DID commit rape, as a result of a massively inflated sense of importance and authority. "Who do you think you are, turning me down, I can have any woman I want, but I won't, I'll have you, whether you like it or not."

As for Klasnic, I have no view.

Thats a good point. There's other things to consider when going for the 'He can have any bird he wants, why would he rape a silly we girl like you?' defence of celebrities. As crazy as it might sound to the general public, there is a chance that when you can have any girl you want you will get bored of it. It will obviously be fun for a while but most of the excitement would be taken out of it if you were just going through slag after slag without any effort. Why would Ashley Cole cheat on Cheryl with an ugly hairdresser? The same reason a footballer might decide to force himself on somebody who turns him down, because it brings them some excitement.

Instantly assuming a footballer is innocent just because he can have any girl he wants is jumping the gun a bit.

At the end of the day we'll probably never find out the truth because, as has been mentioned before, rape cases very rarely end with a conviction. If he's innocent he will still be stuck with this horrible reputation for life, and if he's guilty the chances are he wont be convicted. Its a sad situation.