***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

Finished my season. Won the treble. Dundee United finished 2nd, 8 points clear of the scum.

Player's Player of the year was John Fleck, FW Player of the Year was David Goodwillie who was also Top Goalscorer and Goal of the Season winner, while Barry Douglas was Young Player of the Year and I was Manager of the Year. A clean sweep for Rangers, although Goodwillie's Goal of the season was scored in United colours.

Davis played 43 games scoring 4 and setting up 23 goals.

Weiss played 38 games scoring 5 and setting up 19 goals.

Fleck played 28 games scoring 16 and setting up 8 goals.

Naismith played 29 games scoring 6 and setting up 9 goals.

Jelavic played 41 games scoring 30 and setting up 4 goals.

Goodwillie played 25 games scoring 20 and setting up 6 goals. He also scored 20 goals in 24 games for Dundee United.

The board gave me 6.5m to spend in the summer, I split that into the wage budget. Released a bucket full of youngsters, Salim Kerkar (hero), Davie Weir and David Healy. Also sold James Beattie for 210k to Cardiff.

So far I've signed Simone Perotta, Mohamodou Diarra and Nicola Legrottaglie on freebies, Vladimir Weiss returns on loan, Man United have agreed a partnership with me and given me Daniel Drinkwater, who's pretty hopeless but good for numbers. They're suggesting James Forrest too. David Evans (regen) for 500k, Nick Ross for 625k and Ibrahim Dago (regen) for 1m.

I've got 1m left to spend and have warded off interest in Davis, Bougherra, Whittaker and Jelavic so far. If I get ridiculous offers, though, I'll probably sell.

Snapped up Ibrahim Affelay on a loan deal from Barca but lost Madjid Bougherra for 7m due to a release clause :anguish:

Signed Kyle Bartley on loan again and Jonas Ivens for 170k to soften the blow. Missed out on a few higher profile targets due to wages so got money in the bank come January if we need it.

So after winning the Scottish Treble, Euro Super Cup, World Club Championship and reaching Champions League Semi-Final was a good season. Decided to shake things up moving out Crosas (£4 million), Kramaric (£11 million), Drenthe (£3.5 million) and Elm (£5 million) and bringing in a Chilean defender/midfielder from Lazio for £20 million, Alan Judge (£5 million) and Jordan Spence (£9 million). Great signings if a bit pricey but world class players. Also signing a 21 year old USA striker from Fiorentina for £7 million, 8 goals in 6 USA games so could prove good especially as Castiognas wants to leave. Jorgensen wants to go to a bigger club, dick, wanting £15 million but all i am getting offered is £10 million so might need to accept that. Also sacked my assistant Colin Calderwood as he wouldn't sign a new contract so my new assistant is former Rangers legend, Juan Roman Riquelme!

So drew Annan in the League Cup 3rd Round so put out a half strength team. Fucking fuming at my defence for letting David Cox score, might need to fine them for that however my young striker Sivertsen done pretty decent .... :sherlock:

gersannan.png

I just got round to getting this.

Went Rangers, Sold Edu for £2.1m and the board only gave me 600k of it to spend! WTF.

But aye I am sitting 3rd in the league 4 points behind Dundee Utd. Celtic are 4th haha. My home form seems to be fine its just away from home I seem to struggle.

But aye any good cheap players or freebies to buy at this point? I am about mid November.

Got papped out the league cup by Brechin in the 3rd round haha. In the CL got whacked 5-0 off Werder Bremen, 2-4 and 3-0 off Arsenal and drew with some pishy mob. Sitting bottom of the group 4 games played and 1 point. -10 GD. :craphead:

I want to sign Goodwillie as hes on fire in the SPL but they want 3mill for him. And I just got a wee increase of transfer fees by £2.6m. :clap: WAHEY. Happy days. So whose good I can get?

Also I had Davis, Naismith, Lafferty and Foster all out injured for 2 months+ all at the same time, so what a boot in the baws that was.

Jelavic also seems to be doing pish and doesn't like playing for me. And his value is only 1.8mil. WTF.

Secured another Scottish treble and also gained the Cameroon job just in time for the 2018 World Cup. Squad was poor but had a decent group of Turkey, Serbia and South Korea. Drew against Turkey, drew against Serbia and beat South Korea so qualified. Then faced off against Ukraine, thought i would get raped. Played counter attacking until second half of extra time where i changed to attacking. Won a penalty in the 119th minute and won. Then got beat 1-0 of Argentina which was a good result.

My first season - won the league on the last day of the season against Celtic at Ibrox. Won the league by 5 points.

Signed some russian for 3.2m who was shite, sold him for 3.4m. This season I have bought Sergio Sanchez and Geoffery Tulsae or something.

Got into the CL group stages, in a group with Chelsea, Schelke and St Etinnee.

Had a shite start to the season. Sitting around 4th.

just finished my 1st season won the league though on the lead up to christmas I struggled with injury and suspension although I managed to pull it back I also won the league cup got beat 2-1 by kilmarnock in the scottish cup semis I know :anguish: but anyways so far for the new season I've been given 7 mill plus I sold boughy for 11 mill lafferty for 4 edu for 3.5 mculloch for 1 and beattie for 250 k So I had about 20 mil to spend brought in steven defour for 7 mill quality player Van wolfswinkle for 5.5 mill goodwillie for 1.4 and lee wallace for 1 and for loans managed to get weiss back with an option to buy for 5 hoping to do that also richards, pienaar and khumalo are in

Got Annan into the SPL, strengthened the defence, got a new striker, two very good CMs, yet I'm doing awful, whereas in Division One with an average team I was beating all of the SPL clubs.

Just into February in my second season. It's positive but tough to watch my team at times, complacency seems to be an issue dogging the team.

Perotta was looking like a good influence but lost him to a broken foot for four months after the first month of the season :anguish:

I'm top of the league, 4 points clear of Celtic but I was 11 points clear about a month ago. Qualified for the second round of the Champions League, where I'll have to play Atletico Madrid. Got through my group by virtue of the fact Bayern had qualified so I beat them away while Roma slipped up away to Wisla.

So far my top performer has been Vladimir Weiss, Naismith close behind him.

Weiss has played 27 games, scoring 6 and creating 17.

Naismith has played 20 games, scoring 19 and creating 4.

Jelavic has played 20 games, scoring 15 and creating 2.

Goodwillie has played 26 games, scoring 20 and creating 8.

Fleck has played 16 games, scoring 5 and creating 11.

Davis has played 27 games, scoring 3 and creating 11. Been a bit disappointed with him though.

Affelay has played 18 games, scoring 5 and creating 5.

Ness and David Evans are progressing quite well. Lost Jorgensen to injury for a couple of months which may have coinsided with me losing 1-0 at home to Motherwell, ending my 51 game unbeaten run that stretched back to last season.

In January I signed Fernando Navarro for 900k, Omer Toprak for 4m hopefully he and Jorgensen will form a good partnership, Jessim Mayaha and Aaron Ramsey on loan from Arsenal and Nigel Reo-Coker for 1.7m. Signed 4 regen youngsters for some nominal compensation fees, all with good potential. Sold Mohamodou Diarra for 2m, delighted to get that as he's been below par.

Ran away with the league in the end, Celtic crumbled mid-march. Beat Morton 1-0 in the League Cup final ( :anguish: )

and beat St Mirren 5-0 in the Scottish Cup final.

Dumped Atletico Madrid out of the CL 5-2 on agg. Was 2-0 down in the first half of the first leg, went 3-2 in front they went down to 10 men and grabbed another late on. Played Feyenoord in the quarter finals and was embarrased. We won 1-0, despite being outplayed, via a Jelavic header in the 90th minute at home then was beaten 5-0 away. Took an absolute pumping.

I got manager of the year, again. (Roon ye, Lennon.)

Weiss played 46 games, scoring 13 and creating 36. Players Player of the year.

Naismith played 38 games, scoring 23 and creating 4. FWs Player of the year. Fans player of the year.

Jelavic played 32 games, scoring 29 and creating 5.

Goodwillie played 47 games, scoring 37 and creating 13. SPL Top scorer: 23.

Fleck played 26 games, scoring 6 and creating 16. Players young Player of the year.

Davis played 44 games, scoring 5 and creating 17. Davis was a little inconsistent, I felt.

Affelay played 34 games, scoring 10 and creating 8.

Simone Perrotta played 16 games, scoring 4 and creating 8.

Jelavic is on his way to Everton for 5m plus 5% of the profit of his next transfer and 750k after a certain amount of goals.

Whittaker's value is near 4m, so I'm looking for at least double that if he's to leave.

Trying to secure Weiss again but he's developed so much that it might not be possible.

Have Nicolas N'Koulou and Marco Motta arriving on free transfers and some of my youngster signings are starting to develop into talented players.

Theres something now that's beginning to annoy me with player searches.

I've got the assistant to filter out unrealistic transfers, i do this on every game. So at Wolves my assistant thinks Ganso and Neymar are relistic targets for me. In another game with Killie my assistant reckons i could get Elano to Rugby Park :rolleyes:

Fleck wanted to be transfer listed by request then I started playing him and he's been amazing, how the fuck can I get him to sign a new deal or ask to be took aff the transfer list?

Also won my 2nd league in a row. Won the Scottish Cup against Celtic 3-1. Got to the Europa League quarters then got papped out by Zenit! Bastards.

Signed a few squad players and young players for the future. A went and signed some young Brazilian guy and he won't be joining me until 2014! Its 2012 just now! Joke!

Sold Whittiker to Blackpool for £2m when he was worth £575k. Deal, Mr Banker!

Fleck wanted to be transfer listed by request then I started playing him and he's been amazing, how the fuck can I get him to sign a new deal or ask to be took aff the transfer list?

Also won my 2nd league in a row. Won the Scottish Cup against Celtic 3-1. Got to the Europa League quarters then got papped out by Zenit! Bastards.

Signed a few squad players and young players for the future. A went and signed some young Brazilian guy and he won't be joining me until 2014! Its 2012 just now! Joke!

Sold Whittiker to Blackpool for £2m when he was worth £575k. Deal, Mr Banker!

Players will sometimes change their mind and be asked to be removed from the list

Summer transfer window went pretty well.

Sold Jelavic for 5m plus 5% of the profit of his next transfer and 750k after a certain amount of goals.

I've loaned in Alvaro Morata and Chris Wood from Man United and Eljero Elia from Man City on loan. Signed Weiss for 4.9m and picked up Breno, Nicolas N'Koulou, Sergio Asenjo and Marco Motta on free transfers. Just as the transfer window was closing I got the opportunity to buy Andre-Pierre Gignac for 4.1m, felt like a good replacement for Jela so went for it.

First season is coming to an end.

Im Aston Villa -

I have the third best attack in the league but a really poor defense so I need some solid defenders for the summer and a good GK.

Any suggestions ?

I also need a playmaker but im eyeing up Pastore although I could do with some other options incase I cant afford him.

My star signing Hulk wins POTY and Ashley Young is the runner up. :pipe:

Both are wanted by Man United.

Hulk - 29(1)apps, 14 goals, 13 assists, 6 MOTM, Av Rating 7.46

Young - 34 apps, 7 goals, 22 assists, 4 MOTM, Av Rating 7.39

Not too shabby eh ? :D

Finished 7th in the league and hopefully if I can get some cash I can push for 4th next year.

And Hulk is surely one of the best buys in this game, you can get one of the best players in the game for around 15million.

Got bored of winning the league with Rangers so I started a new one with QPR, five points out of nine with two 0-0 draws away from home and a 3-2 win at home. Beat Stevenage in the Carling Cup 3-2 after extra time aswell :anguish:

I'm winning the league for fun with Rangers just now.

I signed Jese from Madrid and hes banging in the goals. A steal at 3.1mill. Davis is also having the season of his life, 34 assists in like 30 games abd I am only in Febuary. Also signed some Brazil goalie called Maringa. Hes awesome.

I lost Goodwillie on a free to Aston Villa cause he was being a banger and wanting 50k a week. Mental.

I cannae seem to get rid of Kyle Hutton, Wlyde, Shagger or some mad Korean cunt I signed.

I reckon I will start a new game and go somebody like Cardiff.

So annoyed at the game just now.

I started a new game with Rangers, and made this great tactic which had me beating Arsenal 3-0 preseason (as well as getting more possession than them), and getting 2 wins in my 2 SPL games, scoring 7, and conceding 1.

I had a couple of great signings, like Markus Henriksen, a 17 year old from Rosenborg, and Peter Masilela, a left back from Israel, both for less than £1m combined.

However, turns out Colin Calderwood is a proper knobend. Jelavic, Naismith, Masilela and Weiss ALL injured in the Hibs game. Naismith and Weiss are each out for a month, but Jelavic and Masilela are both out for 4-5 months! :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Exact same :anguish:

Start of my third season with Villa and I am having a great pre-season and it looks as if I have finally found the right balance in my team.

Beat Bayern 3-1, Juventus 3-0 and Athletico Madrid 2-1.

Then I started the league with a 3-0 win against Bolton and then I beat UTD in the Community Shield aswell as winning 8-0 on aggregate in my Europa League qualifier.

Then, my 2 new signings at the back Samba and Sakho who are playing great both get injured aswell as my left back Zhirkov. Diego and Barry Bannan both get injured and then Hargreaves gets injured.

These are all key players especially Hargreaves because he holds my team together.

So my starting lineup is -

Walker-Samba-Sakho-Zhirkov

Hargreaves

Diego-Bannan

Hulk------------Young

Bent

I lost 6 of my first team.

The game pisses me right of at times.