Should Smith Start Rotating The Squad..

djbroxybear

We have started the season with a Squad of 20 players and 1 has gone out on loan leaves 19 players, with us going to be be in europe after xmas i feel it is thin bare especially if we get injurys to key players. Now Smith isn't one for doing this but i feel looking back to the Europa run to the final and losing the league that season and we had a bigger Squad i feel it is time to do it. This is the Squad we have.

McGregor Alexander

Broadfoot Whittaker Weir Bougherra Webster McMillan Papac (Forster Loan)

Weiss Edu McCulloch Davis Naismith Fleck

Miller Lafferty Beattie Jelavic Little (Velicka Loan)

Wylde Hutton From reserves Kerkar If he signs

With injurys this Squad is thin bare, now is the time to blood the youngsters that are good enough and coming through they are the future of the club.

With the exception of McMillan they've all had game time, I don't see how we could rotate much more, we don't have many more players ready to come in

We have a shortage of experienced pros sitting in the wings at the moment. The January transfer window should let us add a couple of experienced signings (or loan deals) and that should see us through.

With the exception of McMillan they've all had game time, I don't see how we could rotate much more, we don't have many more players ready to come in

Know what your saying but i would make changes for St Mirren game put Forster in at Right Back drop edu or mclug or both play Davis and Hutton in middle if Flecks Fit give him a run he has dropped kenny to bench after european games and played lafferty up front and i would give little a shout up front.

Yes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, give the likes of Hutton and Wylde game time before they are called upon in a pressure situation when we get an injury.

I'd feel much more comfterable if we call on Hutton or Wylde if we are drawing or losing a game with 15-20 minutes to go, and they had started the odd SPL game.

We have a thin squad, utilise the youth. There are no hiding places at Rangers.

It only works if you keep winning, if you rest players and fail to win you look daft.

From what I've seen Hutton looks ready to step up and wylde too and would certainly like to see more of them

Would happily see McCulloch and Edu given a rest this weekend, especially Edu or his injury could just get worse, and give Hutton a start in midfield, and if Weiss ain't fully fit then give Wylde a starting slot.

Webster has been a major let down for us but I dont think we carry the strength of squad to rotate players.For me rotate means bring in like for like but I dont see that in the squad.What I do see is a crying need to give more opportunities to the likes of Hutton,Wylde etc to allow them to grow into the squad.

would like to see foster getting a start with either papac or broadfoot going to CB for saturday, and big davie getting a rest.

Now fleck's fit i expect him to be coming on for naisy or davis any time we look to have a game won.

beattie and webster's injurys have been particularly frustrating as they should be a couple of good senior pros to have on the bench every week.

For me midfield is the thinnest part of the squad, when you consider a couple of years ago, mcculloch naisy davis and edu were all here, but so were thomson, fergie, mendes and even adam. if kerlar doesnt come i think we'll get a loan signing in there in january.

It doesnt help that most of our key guys have played 3 or 4 internationals as well.

There are only certain positions I think you can afford to rotate without upsetting the dynamic of a winning team. You can't be chopping and changing a centre half pairing for example unless one of them deserves to be dropped or one is injured or suspended. They need to develop an understanding. Full backs and wide midfielders you could maybe get away with. Again with strikers, you can rotate them, but you want your 2 main strikers (if indeed you are playing 2) to gel and develop an understanding. Plus, we are not in the position of teams like Chelsea and Liverpool who have done it in the past when we only have 19 senior players in the squad.

We don't really have the numbers to rotate players as such.

Walter might be forced to change players due to them being totally out of form or carrying an injury that could develope into a long term one, but he won't change the side to give fully fit players a rest just for the sake of it.

I am totally convinced that Maurice Edu was not fully fit against Valencia and would be happy to see him sit on the bench against St. Mirren, so I see no reason why we should not utilise guys like Fleck, Foster, Hutton or Wylde to give one or two regulars a rest as long as we can carry on winning games.

I see no sense whatsoever in having these guys at our club if we aren't going to give them a chance to benefit our team when we are so short of numbers...If they are good enough and doing the business at training, get them in there and see what they can do.

Squad rotation is all very well

Blooding kids is all very well

.. but if we lose games because we dont put out the best we have - then people would go mental.

We have a squad that is to small - thats the times we live in for us - and WS and the squad have to do the best they can.

It would probably be more helpful if we (the 12th man) contributed nmore to the squad by cutting out the negative stuff (like leaving early, getting on players back who are 'not good enough wacko.gif )and really got behind the team and helped them adopt the seige mentality - let them know we are in it with them because a good many of us are too quick to leave, too quick to critisise and too quick at pointing out flaws instead of positives.

More than ever WE are needed.