Davie Coopers Gravestone

Was privileged to see him play, world class player! And my favourite Rangers player of all time. Still think he should have been "The Greatest Rangers player" rather than John Greig but there you go.

Still think they could do a new statue for Greig cooper and .... , well that would be another debate I guess, a bit like the one at Man Utd that has Best, Law & Charlton.

Was privileged to see him play, world class player! And my favourite Rangers player of all time. Still think he should have been "The Greatest Rangers player" rather than John Greig but there you go.

Still think they could do a new statue for Greig cooper and .... , well that would be another debate I guess, a bit like the one at Man Utd that has Best, Law & Charlton.

Davie Meiklejohn.

The title of "The greatest ever Ranger" basically comes down to personal preference and there is no right or wrong decision as far as I'm concerned.

John Greig, Davie Cooper, Jim Baxter, Davie Meiklejohn, Alan Morton, Tiger Shaw, Corky Young, Eric Caldow, Brian Laudrup, Tory Gillick, Sammy Cox etc! etc!

the list goes on and on and on.

If you gave me an hour to come up with who I thought was the greatest ever at Rangers, I'd probably come up with a different name about every 20 seconds....then at the end of the hour, I'd probably change my mind.

All I can say is that Davie Cooper was a special player and will never be forgotten. :praise:

The title of "The greatest ever Ranger" basically comes down to personal preference and there is no right or wrong decision as far as I'm concerned.

John Greig, Davie Cooper, Jim Baxter, Davie Meiklejohn, Alan Morton, Tiger Shaw, Corky Young, Eric Caldow, Brian Laudrup, Tory Gillick, Sammy Cox etc! etc!

the list goes on and on and on.

If you gave me an hour to come up with who I thought was the greatest ever at Rangers, I'd probably come up with a different name about every 20 seconds....then at the end of the hour, I'd probably change my mind.

All I can say is that davie Cooper was a special player and will never be forgotten. :praise:

Spot on, Oz.

It's just a shame that the older players are overlooked and we need supporters like you and Minstral, who saw the great players of the 1920's :P , to regale us of stories from yesteryear. (tu)

One of the highlights of my life in footbell terms, was being present at the Dryburgh Cup Final in 1979 and seeing Davie score that awesome goal. I also have his autograph which has pride of place on my wall next to the entire 1972 ECWC team signatures.

To all the Bears who didn't get to see Super Cooper - he was quite a sight to behold - an amazing talent and 100% pure Rangers.

Best Rangers Player of all time? As stated earlier - It's an individual choice.

Davie Cooper - Simply The Best.

The ball was never that far away from the magic wand that was his left foot, Bombay. ;)

:) True.

I was privileged to have seen him play for us in the flesh although I was pretty young.

Always remember going to Fir Park though and him still receiving a great reception from us when he came over to take corners for Motherwell.

Class act of a guy as well and always had time for the fans,especially when you mentioned Rangers,his face would light up :praise:

I was privileged to have seen him play for us in the flesh although I was pretty young.

Always remember going to Fir Park though and him still receiving a great reception from us when he came over to take corners for Motherwell.

Class act of a guy as well and always had time for the fans,especially when you mentioned Rangers,his face would light up :praise:

He was magnificent for us, although like the typical winger, he could disappear for long stretches, before dazzling everyone with some sorcery. My boyhood hero, a true Rangers man, but also just another fan who would have paid to watch himself terrorise those opposition full backs.

The last time I saw moody blue was when he returned home to Ibrox playing for Motherwell,the whole stadium erupted singing his name.

Myself and many others were in tears remembering the great times we were honoured by his presence at our club.

:praise: Cooper, Baxter, Best, Now in God,s Eleven may they rest in peace :praise:

you just gave me shivvers reading that :)

God Bless Davie Cooper (tu):praise:

I was lucky enough to meet him when I was a teenager when he returned to play for Clydebank, my hometown team, I never missed a game. My abiding memory of those days was going to see Clydebank play Airdrie away in the B&Q cup, Bankies lost 3-1 but at 3-0 down Davie had smacked a free kick into the top corner from about 35 yards. Everyone went home happy as that was all we could talk about.

I met him after a game at Kilbowie when Clydebank had pumped Dundee 5-2 with 5 assists from Coop I still have the highlights on tape because on that day it was as if the years had fell away and he was at his peak. After the game I had taken a copy of Roy Of The Rovers I had with his poster in it hoping to get it signed, not only did he sign it but he made every Clydebank player that came out do the same and stood talking with me about the match and how I was getting on as a player with Clydebank boys club for at least half an hour, how many modern players would take that kind of time with some kid they didn't know?

He was a gent and will never be forgotten.