Refs vote to go on strike

tangledupinblue

some refs may not be in the union, therefore have no legal precedent to go on strike with the other, union backed, refs

I wonder if the refs strike will extend to the GDSFC? :sherlock:

on this matter they may not be unionised by may wish to strike out of a sense of solidarity. There may be repercussions but how far would the SFA go?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the refs strike will extend to the GDSFC? :sherlock:

on this matter they may not be unionised by may wish to strike out of a sense of solidarity. There may be repercussions but how far would the SFA go?

you can be sacked instantly if its an unofficial strike, which it would be if you are not in the union

would be funny to see keith or john doing the game at tannadice next weekend :lol:

The SFA really need to take a hard stance against Vermin FC over this issue. If they dont then they can only be seen to be allowing a member club to place referee`s under so much pressure that they feel the need to strike.

From what I have read the ref`s now fear for their safety and if thats the case then how the hell do they feel going to the Piggery with 50,000 waiting for every decision to be scrutinised.

A deduction of 3 points and a £200,000 fine might shut the cheating basterts up.

Is there any chance that this will be resolved before Sunday?

I'm meant to be down for the Man Utd & Dundee Utd games but if the Dundee Utd one defiantly won't go ahead I'm going to change my flights & come home sooner.

id expect it to be resolved by sunday.

but its very hard to be sure.

It would be utterly hilarious though if the SFA managed to acquire overseas ref for the weekend, and the scum got pumped from three pens against and a couple of red cards.

All managers critise refs, sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong, and all fans critise refs no matter who they are, because we always think the ref is wrong if it goes against us ;) But even with people like Jim Jeffries who never shuts up moaning his ugly face off, I've never ever heard him say refs were out to get him or his club in a personal way.

Whilst what ace said about it being the fault of everyone is true to a small degree, only one club has come and publicly tried to shift referee's into making all the decisions in their favour.

Celtc haven't won anything here, everyone knows whose fault it is and hopefully the strike will happen because it will draw more attention from outside and people (UEFA, FIFA) can see what an odious little club they are and take action by banning them for bringing the game into disrepute. Although tbh its far funnier when we can hump the useless bastards.

I am on the Ref's side on this one, i say go on strike till christmas and lets see what teams are greeting then about having nae money. support the Ref's cos if we dont have ref's we dont have football.

Celtic should be docked 40 points for being fannys and causing this shite. and fined 10 million just for who they are or what they think they are lol.

I am on the Ref's side on this one, i say go on strike till christmas and lets see what teams are greeting then about having nae money. support the Ref's cos if we dont have ref's we dont have football.

Celtic should be docked 40 points for being fannys and causing this shite. and fined 10 million just for who they are or what they think they are lol.

I think all the other clubs do support the refs, by and large. You get the odd frustrated comment after a game, but you don't get the entire club, from the chairman down, implying there's some sort of conspiracy against them.

Anyone who supports a football team has felt frustrated at a referee at one point or another and there's probably a small selection of fans at every club that thinks the establishment is biased against them. Celtic are the only team where the directors of the club are stupid enough to buy into that nonsense.

The SFA really need to take a hard stance against Vermin FC over this issue. If they dont then they can only be seen to be allowing a member club to place referee`s under so much pressure that they feel the need to strike.

From what I have read the ref`s now fear for their safety and if thats the case then how the hell do they feel going to the Piggery with 50,000 waiting for every decision to be scrutinised.

A deduction of 3 points and a £200,000 fine might shut the cheating basterts up.

That would make it worse. They would go into meltdown. The only way this is going to calm down is for senior figures from within the clubs to be supportive of the refs and acknowledge the job they do, and basically say they need to be treated with respect. We'll be waiting a while for that statement from the piggery.

Fans and the media need to take a look at themselves here too. Im not suggesting if at our next game, if we get a couple of ropey decisions against us we all sit on our hands, of course we're going to have a moan. Its the eejits who decide to find out where refs live, give them stick if they see them in civvy street or whatever. Im not saying anyone on here behaves like that, but there are obviously guys who do. Obviously its celtic who have the track record here, but we as as a support should be on our guard for any of our number going for tit for tat type reactions to that. Also the media cannot stoke the flames with irresponsible or sensationalist reporting and then crticise everyone else, fans forums in particular, when the shit hits the fan.

Its one thing for a manager to blow a gasket after a decision goes against him, spit the dummy, get sent to the stand etc- its maybe not how you'd want your manager to react but it shows they care, they're only human and sometimes the game can drive you to distraction. Its quite another thing for a club- from boardroom, manager and players- to start going on about institutional bias and questioning peoples integrity. These accusations werent being made when celtic were winning the league were they? The hypocrisy is unbelievable- professional football players routinely push the boundaries of the laws of the game to try and gain an advantage- they dive, they shout for every decision they try to put the refs under as much pressure as possible. Celtic as a club have got at least as much history of this as every club in the league. The refs arent trying to cheat, they're trying to do a job. I do not believe for a minute that referees set out to deliberately favour one team.

Apparently lennon has written to the SFA three times in recent weeks- over the tannadice penalty incident- in which Mcdonald did make a total arse of it- the decisions against them in the old firm game, which is nonsense as it completely ignores the decisions in their favour, and ledleys sending off against hearts, which was a red. I didnt know he could write but he probably dictated. Theres an article in the herald today which says he's still adamant mcdonald owes him an apology. Mcdonald phoned him, left a message, but lennon refuses to return the call. That tells you all you need to know about the mentality of the man. This kind of nonsense is only going to pander to the idiot element in their support and its no wonder the refs have had enough- if these guys are getting stick in the street when they're with their families etc no wonder they've had enough.

The SFA review system is far from ideal, the fact that referees effectively discipline themselves isnt ideal either, but there will be a review of that. Whether mcdonald should continue as a ref is debatable, he told a porky pie and was wrong, but nobody suggests players should be sacked when they lie about whether or not they were fouled etc. It's not up to Celtic to decide who refs their games. They need to grow up and realise this, and their support need to grow up and realise this conspiracy pish only ever gets an airing when rangers are top of the league.

It would be utterly hilarious though if the SFA managed to acquire overseas ref for the weekend, and the scum got pumped from three pens against and a couple of red cards.

All managers critise refs, sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong, and all fans critise refs no matter who they are, because we always think the ref is wrong if it goes against us ;) But even with people like Jim Jeffries who never shuts up moaning his ugly face off, I've never ever heard him say refs were out to get him or his club in a personal way.

Whilst what ace said about it being the fault of everyone is true to a small degree, only one club has come and publicly tried to shift referee's into making all the decisions in their favour.

Celtc haven't won anything here, everyone knows whose fault it is and hopefully the strike will happen because it will draw more attention from outside and people (UEFA, FIFA) can see what an odious little club they are and take action by banning them for bringing the game into disrepute. Although tbh its far funnier when we can hump the useless bastards.

My sentiments exactly. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see the tims refereed by guys from outwith Scotland and still finding themselves moaning like fuck about decisions against them. The rest of Scotland has woken up to how pathetic they are this season, time for the rest of the world to find out.

What I find most odious about all of this is that the day after Hooper made his outlandish comments about ALL referees going out of their way to give decisions against Celtic, the club realising that he had gone too far and was in trouble made a statement they wanted to draw a line under the whole Refereeing issue. 24 hours later SFA state they are taking no action against Hooper and immediately Celtic go on the offensive again with Lennon looking for an apology and Reid looking for McDonald to be sacked and again stating Celtic are vitims of a conspirancy. If there was anyone in the SFA with balls they would have thrown to book at Hooper and warned Celtic that any further unfounded comments over Referees integrity would be met by harsh punishment.

That would be super :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: