I was convinced if we got access to the Premierships riches we'd be up there,...

GOAT

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree, and would what happen if it were to back fire ? would we be then wanting to go back to the spl ?

You're thinking too negative. Get to the Premiership first and if it backfires then we take it from there

infact not one united player looked any better than our lot tonight

I actually disagree with that.

I thought Man utd showed the gulf in class without ever having to come out of second gear.

There was a massive difference in terms of fitness, strength, speed of thought and technical ability IMO

Scholes, at 36, and still an absolute genius, ran the show in the midfield, what a fcuking player!

If you could clone a player, it would be Paul Scholes for me.

His ability to find space is absolutly fantastic.

I've not been to that many 'big' games so I was in absolute awe if him during his time on the park.

What a player

Paul Scholes, IMO, is and has been completely underrated through-out his career. Model pro, and footballer. I know he might walk away from the game when he hangs his boots up, and it would be a crying shame. I hate getting beat, I moan like fcuk but I respect quality.

I actually disagree with that.

I thought Man utd showed the gulf in class without ever having to come out of second gear.

There was a massive difference in terms of fitness, strength, speed of thought and technical ability IMO

Yep, Scholes and Berbatov were on a different level to any of our players.

Thought berbatov was rather shit but scholes gave a masterclass in midfield last night.

was it though

i know he's a great player, but kast night according to ITV/STV, scholes played 77 passes and completed 86% of them, yet im struggling to think of a pass from scholes that gave a player an effort on goal

its alright saying man united looked good on the ball etc, but thats because apart from miller, the rest of the rangers team stayed within 30-35 yards of our goal when united had the ball, so every united attack consisted of about 6 or 7 passes before they even got near a rangers player

was it though

i know he's a great player, but kast night according to ITV/STV, scholes played 77 passes and completed 86% of them, yet im struggling to think of a pass from scholes that gave a player an effort on goal

its alright saying man united looked good on the ball etc, but thats because apart from miller, the rest of the rangers team stayed within 30-35 yards of our goal when united had the ball, so every united attack consisted of about 6 or 7 passes before they even got near a rangers player

It's a bit difficult to play players through on goal when the opposition has 5 players camped on the edge of the box.

Scholes was asbolutely outstanding last night.

was it though

I can see were your coming from but when we were at their box and man u nicked the ball you could already see scholes moving about making space to get a pass from a player and to take pressure off of the team, wasn't just his passing his movement in the midfield and the way he travelled about with the ball with extreme ease was a joy to watch !

I was pissed off and majorly dissapointed last night after seeing us not even attack most of the time we had the ball, the players just sitting back not getting up the park what a joke, Once we knew Valencia were going to beat Bursa we should have went for the win as we were already in europa! (td)

I was pissed off and majorly dissapointed last night after seeing us not even attack most of the time we had the ball, the players just sitting back not getting up the park what a joke, Once we knew Valencia were going to beat Bursa we should have went for the win as we were already in europa! (td)

Exactly. If we got pumped, we got pumped. They were there for the taking last night though.

I think with the EPL money and our fanbase we would be top six in no time.

I'd prefer us to make our League better though but without real investors that's not possible.

Doesnt need investment, it needs more ambitious coaches, better attitudes from players and more support from fans.

(tu)

Exactly. If we got pumped, we got pumped. They were there for the taking last night though.

(tu) Man U are much better than us dont get me wrong and i dont mind a defensive lineup/tactics but when we had the ball we would have at least made an effort to try and score ourselves and definitely when we realised Bursa were out,thats what pissed me off the most, we had nothing to lose

I don't care if it's Berwick Rangers or Man Utd. We should be going in to our games (especially at home) looking to win. Rangers have always been winners, accepting defeat isn't an option. We're always going to get beaten at times, it's the accepting bit I don't accept.

Pish !!!!!!!!!!!!