Europa League

skinnymate1690

I know its a while away but fo you think walter would still go 5-4-1 or show a bit more faith and maybe go 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 depending on who we draw ,

Depending on who we draw we should be more attacking rather than looking to go through on away goals which I expect we will and that's fair enough if we drew the likes of porto or dortmund

Tried and trusted 4-5-1 away and a bit more attacking at home.

We need a balance at home. Last season we were too positive and got pumped in every game, the football this season at home has been good and we've been unlucky a couple of times.

I'm excited about this but at the same time fearing it, I remember how we let the league slip a few years ago just because of playing 2 or 3 games a week, and the pileup is starting already with this dun utd game to be played at a later date, europa league, SPL, league and Scottish cup, all with a thin squad.... anyone else fearful?

I'm excited about this but at the same time fearing it, I remember how we let the league slip a few years ago just because of playing 2 or 3 games a week, and the pileup is starting already with this dun utd game to be played at a later date, europa league, SPL, league and Scottish cup, all with a thin squad.... anyone else fearful?

We let the league slip because we lost 2 games at Celtic Park, one with a couple of dodgy decisions and one a last minute winner and were shite away to Motherwell. No other reason.

I'm sick of that line tbh.

We let the league slip because we lost 2 games at Celtic Park, one with a couple of dodgy decisions and one a last minute winner and were shite away to Motherwell. No other reason.

I'm sick of that line tbh.

Yes, as my point says, we lost it due to a fixture pile up. 2 away old firm games in a week and a half whilst attacking for 3 cups just didn't help us at all. I'm just hoping that this winter doesn't back up a lot of fixtures due to snow and frozen pitches.

Yes, as my point says, we lost it due to a fixture pile up. 2 away old firm games in a week and a half whilst attacking for 3 cups just didn't help us at all. I'm just hoping that this winter doesn't back up a lot of fixtures due to snow and frozen pitches.

But it wasn't because of a game on midweek then a game at the weekend. In my opinion anyway.

We chucked it away, we should just accept it.

But it wasn't because of a game on midweek then a game at the weekend. In my opinion anyway.

Aye that draw at well was really a low point, hopefully we will spend in January or if not then put out a youthful team in the cup, we should just try and keep everyone as fresh as possible, the best transfer news would be that we don't sell anyone.

Aye that draw at well was really a low point, hopefully we will spend in January or if not then put out a youthful team in the cup, we should just try and keep everyone as fresh as possible, the best transfer news would be that we don't sell anyone.

I agree mate.

Past couple of years now I've said a good transfer window for us is not to sell anyone.

Strange thing is that Bougie and Davis were the two guys I said Must stay over the summer, but neither have been as good so far this season, Davis has looked poorer this season and his passing has suffered, right now though I'd say the two we Must keep are McGregor and Naismith, the only way I would sell is if Miller doesn't sign a longer contract then we should sell him for the right price even if it was just to make sure we didn't end up with another Boyd. Or McGregor could be sold if the right price comes in, Sunderland paid £9mil for Gordon so I would want £7-10mil from Man Utd/Aston Villa for McGregor as that amount of money would go a long way for us and we have a great backup in Alexander.

If we hadn't had a European game pretty much every midweek, do you think we'd have dropped as many points in the run in as we did?

The players were absolutely fucked

If we hadn't had a European game pretty much every midweek, do you think we'd have dropped as many points in the run in as we did?

We also had a lot of cup replays against shitty lower division sides we should have been beating first time round.

I'd rather we concentrated on europe and the league and binned the shitty domestic cups, they mean fuck all anyway.

I've already said it shouldn't have mattered.

Of course the players looked fucked, it was the end of the season.

It's like banging my head off a brick wall sometimes with this. People need to accept we chucked the league away, mainly down to them 2 Old Firm games at Celtic Park when we were genuinely unlucky - not tired.

I've already said it shouldn't have mattered.

Of course the players looked fucked, it was the end of the season.

It's like banging my head off a brick wall sometimes with this. People need to accept we chucked the league away, mainly down to them 2 Old Firm games at Celtic Park when we were genuinely unlucky - not tired.

The Old Firm games were irrelevant. We were 6 points clear with 2 games in hand. So in essence, we were joint top with 2 games in hand. We threw the league away with the 0-0 draw at Hibs and 1-1 draw at Motherwell, 2 games where the players looked out on their feet from the first minute.

The Old Firm games were irrelevant. We were 6 points clear with 2 games in hand. So in essence, we were joint top with 2 games in hand. We threw the league away with the 0-0 draw at Hibs and 1-1 draw at Motherwell, 2 games where the players looked out on their feet from the first minute.

How were the Old Firm games irrelevant? it was a 6 point swing that put them right back in it. I already mentioned the Motherwell game earlier as Hibs we were unlucky. Created chances etc.

From Venegoor of Hesselink's winner, the league was gonna be difficult to win.

Onto the point though, I would like to see us go 4-5-1 at home, perhaps 5-4-1 away if we are guarding a lead. I don't know how it's done, but if a team is drawn at home for the last 16 (or whatever is it), do they always play first leg at their own ground? We did against Panathinaikos, Bremen, Fiorentina and Lisbon I'm sure?