Scottish football - Rotten to the core.

:lol: The 1st quote from Jim Traynor could well be applied to you:

"It seems the majority are now at the mercy of a minority who believe that if they shout at the top of their voices and often enough they'll get attention, that if they repeat the same half-baked theories of persecution they'll be given credence."

... also no one is saying there are not issues to be sorted, there clearly are. But they need sorted for the good of the game and one side is clearly trying to gain advantage - But you and those like you who seek to expand that to other agendas do yourselves and our fans a disservice. It is quite correct that Celtic, as a club, get brought to task for their blatent attempts to gain advantage - that is NOT sportsmanship. But neither has it anything to do religion, politics nor the social fabric of society.

There is no great agenda against us, there is a malaise in administration in the Scots game, there is a malaise when a big club exerts undue pressure to gain advantage a nd hide other misgivings within the club and there is a malaise when people try to attach political, religious and social agendas to the support, in particiular those who only do so becuase they percieve others have the opposite view. Its a game. Its nothing else but a fantatics spectator sport with sport being the operative word.

There are none so blind as those who do not want to see.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - you are right - I think you are part of the problem. You sound exactly like the type of 'Extreme Terrace Christian' that trys to latch onto a football club and expound your petty predjuices and by doing so are trying to attach some credibility to your views.

Oh and you are also a guy that tries to use bullying tactics consistently to browbeat those who dont lick up to your creed. The sad thing is you dont even have the wit, nor intellect, to see the damage you and your ilk can and do cause by your attitudes to the institution that is Rangers.

Spot on. He's the only one who came into this thread looking for an argument.

What a couple of dickheads you two really are.

Pot and kettle dangleberry

I see you have gone back to your normal style of debate - just insults for anyone with a view different from your own.

Me and TWB :h34rt:

(Sorry TWB its really :cheers:

Guest Andypendek

I wonder if there's any way this issue can be used to let teams who wish to avoid playing teams witha religious agenda to move elsewhere? After all, UEFA rules forbid politics/religion in football...if our league can be proven to be operating under rules sanctioned or approved by one political group or religious group, we may be able to use that to engineer a move to...anywhere, basically, that 'they' aren't. I'd take the Faroese third division if it meant getting away from that lot and their poison, as well as their brothers amongst our support.

I know I am not the only one who said this but at the start of the season I said this would be the most controversial season in years. With Lennon as manager and the fact we now dominate Scottish football (even though they have a huge financial advantage) I knew as soon as we started to stretch ahead of them again in the league they would throw a tantrum of some sort.

I am more than happy for them to concentrate on what is going on off the park because since they started doing that we have been gaining the advantage on the field. Look at their record before and after the utd game.

Reid and lawell are fighting for their jobs right now and they know the easiest way to distract the simpletons is to feed their paranoia and the massive chip that exists on the shoulder of there lunatic fringe. That's why Lennon is manager and that's why they spent the summer stoking these idiots up in there series of summer roadshows and the recent poppy and referee disgraces are a direct product of these roadshows.

Instead of the woe is me nonsense sit back and enjoy watching them fall apart and enjoy Walter lifting three in a row with the knowledge they have tried (and failed) with every dirty trick in the book to stop us

I dont think it's a woe is me attitude. There is nothing wrong about caring for the image of our game and no-one can deny that it's been dragged through the mud in the last few weeks - and it's image wasn't that great to begin with.

Celtic falling apart is highly amusing and enjoyable as you say, but the reaction (or lack-of) from the SFA and certain people in the Media is not. People seem to be afraid to implicate Celtic in all this, including the striking refs. You may say that anyone who know's anthing about Scottish Football will already know who's involved but I have been listening to TalkSPORT all week for the English reaction and a lot of them seem to be under the impression that the Refs are going on strike because of a lack of respect.

It's an embarrasing and pathetic situation off the park.

I wonder if there's any way this issue can be used to let teams who wish to avoid playing teams witha religious agenda to move elsewhere? After all, UEFA rules forbid politics/religion in football...if our league can be proven to be operating under rules sanctioned or approved by one political group or religious group, we may be able to use that to engineer a move to...anywhere, basically, that 'they' aren't. I'd take the Faroese third division if it meant getting away from that lot and their poison, as well as their brothers amongst our support.

That's an interesting point. Sadly I think Rangers and Celtic feed of each other, if you remove one of them the other dies or fades away.

I was wondering that myself,TWB.

It's more to do with the part of the world they are living in and how they are "Educated" at home rather than which school they attend, IMO.

As you would know having lived in Australia yourself for a few years, we over here have schools of many denominations, such as; Catholic, Muslim, Anglican,Scots,Jewish,Brethren, non-denominational Public etc! and there is never a case where sport and religion are even mentioned in the same breath.

Sport is for all and religion is personal, which should be the case anyway, because maybe if that was the case, we wouldn't be at the fork in the road now.

As far as I'm concerned; I'm a Blue nose who is proud of our history and heritage and who will sing Billy Boys in all its originality until the day I die, because I don't believe that the word "Fenian" is bigoted or sectarian.

As for the other lot; as long as they keep their "Irish army folk songs" out of it, they can sing Celtic songs all day long...They should remember that it's Scotland they play in and not Ireland.

This isn't about what schools they attended, it's about a paranoia that's infested that club much more than it's ever been because of Reid, Lawwell and especially Lennon and his cohorts who have had an ongoing vendetta against Hugh Dallas since May 1999 and are spewing their bile to feed their hard core lunatic section of their support in their feeding frenzy of revenge.

I would say that we who are far away from the madding crowd see things in a different way to others who are at the coal face of this disgraceful event, but no matter where you live or who your allegiances lie with, it's a very disturbing time for a sport that will die without referee's.

Spot on. I bought into the 'darker' side of the Oldifrm rivalry when I was growing up in Kilmarnock and the attitude stayed with me until I left the UK. Once you get away from it and look at it from the outside you realise how ridiculous it all is.

Spot on. I bought into the 'darker' side of the Oldifrm rivalry when I was growing up in Kilmarnock and it the attitude stayed with me until I left the UK. Once you get away from it and look at it from the outside you realise how ridiculous it all is.

You don't have to leave the UK to realise how ridiculous some Rangers and Celtic supporters are.

Some people just grow up!

Many a time I watched a Rangers v Celtic game and happily shouted that such and such was a dirty fenian bastard! <cr>

Thank fk i grew out of it!

I'm glad i don't recognise that person anymore.

It's more about individuals and their attitude. I'm a Rangers supporter. I don't have to be a bigot I don't want to be one either and i choose not to be.

I see you have gone back to your normal style of debate - just insults for anyone with a view different from your own.

Me and TWB :h34rt:

(Sorry TWB its really :cheers:

FYI that wasn't a debate.That was a comment directed at a couple of dickheads who think they are morally and intellectually superior to all other Rangers fans.

You don't have to leave the UK to realise how ridiculous some Rangers and Celtic supporters are.

Many a time I watched a Rangers v Celtic game and happily shouted that such and such was a dirty fenian bastard! <cr>

It's more about individuals and their attitude. I'm a Rangers supporter. I don't have to be a bigot I don't want to be one either and i choose not to be.

So Rangers fans are bigots for shouting the word "fenian"?

So Rangers fans are bigots for shouting the word "fenian"?

I am confused as well.

Someone who calls someone else or a group a Fenian Bastard(s) is a bigot even though that person or perhaps group want to be known as Fenians <cr>

So because you shout "fenian" your a bigot?

I was wondering that myself,TWB.

It's more to do with the part of the world they are living in and how they are "Educated" at home rather than which school they attend, IMO.

As you would know having lived in Australia yourself for a few years, we over here have schools of many denominations, such as; Catholic, Muslim, Anglican,Scots,Jewish,Brethren, non-denominational Public etc! and there is never a case where sport and religion are even mentioned in the same breath.

Sport is for all and religion is personal, which should be the case anyway, because maybe if that was the case, we wouldn't be at the fork in the road now.

As far as I'm concerned; I'm a Blue nose who is proud of our history and heritage and who will sing Billy Boys in all its originality until the day I die, because I don't believe that the word "Fenian" is bigoted or sectarian.

As for the other lot; as long as they keep their "Irish army folk songs" out of it, they can sing Celtic songs all day long...They should remember that it's Scotland they play in and not Ireland.

This isn't about what schools they attended, it's about a paranoia that's infested that club much more than it's ever been because of Reid, Lawwell and especially Lennon and his cohorts who have had an ongoing vendetta against Hugh Dallas since May 1999 and are spewing their bile to feed their hard core lunatic section of their support in their feeding frenzy of revenge.

I would say that we who are far away from the madding crowd see things in a different way to others who are at the coal face of this disgraceful event, but no matter where you live or who your allegiances lie with, it's a very disturbing time for a sport that will die without referee's.

Agree m8 - well spoken and I especially agree with your last sentence.

I dont think it's a woe is me attitude. There is nothing wrong about caring for the image of our game and no-one can deny that it's been dragged through the mud in the last few weeks - and it's image wasn't that great to begin with.

Celtic falling apart is highly amusing and enjoyable as you say, but the reaction (or lack-of) from the SFA and certain people in the Media is not. People seem to be afraid to implicate Celtic in all this, including the striking refs. You may say that anyone who know's anthing about Scottish Football will already know who's involved but I have been listening to TalkSPORT all week for the English reaction and a lot of them seem to be under the impression that the Refs are going on strike because of a lack of respect.

It's an embarrasing and pathetic situation off the park.

Certainly true - it's maddening to think that the majority of people outwith Scotland (those who don't follow any specific Scottish team) will not be aware that this mess is really all coming about because of one team. The SFA and the majority of the media have been far too adept at deflecting away direct criticism of CFC, much to their eternal shame.

I am confused as well.

Someone who calls someone else or a group a Fenian Bastard(s) is a bigot even though that person or perhaps group want to be known as Fenians wacko.gif

Unlike some at least Debs has thought for herself and realised that she did not have to be a ''90 min bigot" or "Keyboard Christian" (ta to J. Traynor) to support Rangers and modified her behavior accordingly. Whether the word fenian is 'bigoted' or not, for Debs it seems it made her look at her actions and attitudes. Some will never have that enlightenment.

Okay Bluepeter9 i dont care what you and your pals think, i was brought up on Rangers Traditions and culture and proud just like my father and grandfather before me. If you dont like our culture and traditions, that is up to you. But there are thousands more like me who will carry the traditions on, and you and your pals who are the minority will just have to get on with it.

What have Rangers traditions got to do with this thread?

we have seen them on here the "I am protestant but dont go to church loyal". We have them on our terracing as well so in homage to Mr Traynor lest call them 'Terrace Chrisitains'.

Thats what brings traditions into the thread, and i also think the Billy Boys was also brought into the thread. What you all seem to forget is there were generations of Protestant Rangers fans.

What have Rangers traditions got to do with this thread?

There is a spectacular fail being played out in this thread.

At no time in my life of following The Rangers have we ever had a unified support. Not in any sense that we might find ourselves singing from the same hymn sheet. Well and good and inevitable. Some value traditions more than others, some don't give a toss, some care about the fitba only, some see the club and it's support as an iconic symbol of wasp aspirations, some care for traditions on a selective basis.

The fail is to recognise that it has always been so. Most likely always will be. People have been opining passionately (with varying degree of ability) as far back as I can recall. The Rangers were, are and will be a club with room for all.

There is a spectacular fail being played out in this thread.

At no time in my life of following The Rangers have we ever had a unified support. Not in any sense that we might find ourselves singing from the same hymn sheet. Well and good and inevitable. Some value traditions more than others, some don't give a toss, some care about the fitba only, some see the club and it's support as an iconic symbol of wasp aspirations, some care for traditions on a selective basis.

The fail is to recognise that it has always been so. Most likely always will be. People have been opining passionately (with varying degree of ability) as far back as I can recall. The Rangers were, are and will be a club with room for all.

i dont think your alowed to think like that mate. i mean your right but were all supposed to be traditionaly proddy razzor gang enthusiasts.

the bb thread was funny at the weekend people talking about god and the bb as traditions that go hand in hand.

someone better tell jesus to look out his razor for the second coming. oh and some poor boy posted the real words and the traditionalits all got tore into him. go figure.

So go and tell the media and the Politicians that instead of talking about it on here and taking the moral high ground as per usual.

Like i said to TWB's post..talk is cheap and that is all you and many others do.

Like it or not that is the facts of the matter.

It's left to the "extremists" and i know perfectly well who you are talking about to take these people on.

You sit and talk all you want about your grand ideas and mobilisation but if you don't mind i will ignore your rhetoric and continue exposing the filth and fighting them head on whenever and wherever possible.

The only way you deal with bullies is to hit back and hit hard.

Just saying "as per usual" doesn't negate his very valid point