The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

Why cay SDM just push the deal through. anyone know

In principle the deal could go through in those circumstances, but whatever some of us think of AJ he has a role as Chairman, and under present circumstances a hostile bid would not be entirely welcomed by Whyte or anyone else. Murray has deferred quite a lot to this Board, for various reasons, and they might not have formal power, but what they do say carries some weight

In principle the deal could go through in those circumstances, but whatever some of us think of AJ he has a role as Chairman, and under present circumstances a hostile bid would not be entirely welcomed by Whyte or anyone else. Murray has deferred quite a lot to this Board, for various reasons, and they might not have formal power, but what they do say carries some weight

I think AJ is just a nodding head employed by Murray.

We have a chairman who doesn't even live in this fucking continent.

Guys, can we please engage our brains here.

The man who owns the vast majority of the Rangers shares is Sir David Murray.

The people he has to answer to are the bankers of Lloyds, to whom he owes a massive whack through his MIH empire.

This "committee" of AJ, John Greig and the rest has no power whatsoever. It is purely an advisory group.

It has no power to stop a takeover.

If Whyte has hit a "serious" snag, my bet is that it concerns his ability to prove to SDM and Lloyds that he has a pot to piss in.

The rest is mere deflection.

My honest opinion is that the sooner this chancer is out of the way, the better.

Then REAL Rangers men can come forward to help dig us out of this hole. :21:

AJ is a personal friend of King is he not?

I started a thread a few weeks ago saying that King had went awful quiet, it gave some a giggle but I keep thinking he's sniffing around this somewhere.

Don't have a clue whether that would be a good thing or bad, but really don't have a clue how good Whyte would be either. :anguish:

Be willing to take a chance on ghadaffi right now.

I think AJ is just a nodding head employed by Murray.

We have a chairman who doesn't even live in this fucking continent.

We have a reluctant Chairman and a reluctant Owner. Depressing. I get goosebumps, as all other fans, just passing Ibrox and yet some people do not even want to be there.

The people he has to answer to are the bankers of Lloyds, to whom he owes a massive whack through his MIH empire.

This "committee" of AJ, John Greig and the rest has no power whatsoever. It is purely an advisory group.

If Whyte has hit a "serious" snag, my bet is that it concerns his ability to prove to SDM and Lloyds that he has a pot to piss in.

My honest opinion is that the sooner this chancer is out of the way, the better.

hi dave

hows that dodgy tax evasion thing going for you

did you hand over your pots to the SA government :lol:

soup or spaghetti pot?

fuck half the sauce's on here will be ragin if we all start pissing in pots :lol:

Its time for us to unite as a support and stop the squabbling. If each of us send Whyte just one piss filled pot this takeover could be done in 48hrs

if that was the case murray would be riding into the front and back pages telling us of "how i saved rangers from a scheister with no money"

the deafening silence from him and the bank would indicate that whyte's background has been investigated with a fine toothed comb, and he has passed all their tests

We would all love to see the background of Whyte's finances , although it looks like nobody can find out anything positive about it only damning evidence that he's been upto no good regarding not showing certain figures , also if Whyte's team were any good at PR I'm sure the papers would have at least a double page spread on how this thirty-nine year old from Motherwell has accrued his supposed fortune in detail , most people only know he made a few bob playing the stock exchange as a youngster ffs , I'll remain unconvinced and still say there might be other offers floating around the situation possibly

We would all love to see the background of Whyte's finances , although it looks like nobody can find out anything positive about it only damning evidence that he's been upto no good regarding not showing certain figures , also if Whyte's team were any good at PR I'm sure the papers would have at least a double page spread on how this thirty-nine year old from Motherwell has accrued his supposed fortune in detail , most people only know he made a few bob playing the stock exchange as a youngster ffs , I'll remain unconvinced and still say there might be other offers floating around the situation possibly

I couldn't really care if he made his money robbing banks. I'd have Robert Mugabe as our owner ahead of David fucking Murray.

I couldn't really care if he made his money robbing banks. I'd have Robert Mugabe as our owner ahead of David fucking Murray.

Neither funny or meant

Do you honestly think if it was possible to find out where he supposedly gained his wealth from at least one person would have been in the know about it and it might have got to print ffs , and not to mention this ellis dude that's already been told to take a hike , it all sound s seriously suspect

As one of AJ's famous mates said " SHOW ME THE MONEY "

I think tomorrow may be even more interesting than today - the DU match apart.

Surely there will be some statement from the RFC Board of Directors?

Like all of you I am thoroughly fed up with all this conjecture. We need some real facts and soon.

Awwww i get you. You mean those REAL Rangers men that have been falling over each other to buy the club for the past 5 years ? :rolleyes:

If press stories are to be believed, Murray's stooge is now taking the heat for this deal not going through, despite not having the power to do so, with the close season being the next deadline. Meanwhile, back at the ranch the season books are being renewed as we speak........

If we lose to Dundee United and/or Celtic, there will be another episode of this this farce. Stay tuned folks!