Newcastle set to appoint Pardew

I really cannot understand this appointment, if it indeed goes ahead.

Chris Hughton obviously didn't deserve to be sacked but it would be slightly more understandable if they had a world class manager lined up to replace him. But Pardew? Really?

Also, he actually used the phrase 'he's absolutely raped him' on MOTD2. The man is an idiot.

Haha, apparently Chiles and Hansen thought he said 'he rakes him'. Yeah, because that's a commonly used phrase!

Can't wait to see Newcastle slide back down the table and hopefully back to the Championship, with Pardew at the helm.

I could understand the sacking of Chris Hughton if they were trying to get Martin Jol in, although I think Jol can do better than Newcastle.

This is just bizzare.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Jol is being lined up for the West Ham job, if and when Avram Grant gets the sack. Again, surely he's too good for that?

The 'lure of the Premiership' is clearly just financial, why else would you leave a big job with a Champions League team for an underachieving Premiership outfit? Money >>>> Prestige, clearly.

I could understand the sacking of Chris Hughton if they were trying to get Martin Jol in, although I think Jol can do better than Newcastle.

This is just bizzare.

Jol was never going to Newcastle mate. It was just coincidence he left Ajax on the same day as Hughton being sacked

Pardew was lined up to take the Newcastle job months ago

I layed Jol on betfair at £100 :P