Blackpool/Rangers

BEARGER

None of the names mentioned are Rangers material , who would have them as our manager ? not me mate

Thats no bother and wasnt really what i meant or was asking.

(tu)

I would take Coyle, Lambert or Davies before McCoist. (Solely based on what i have seen, heard, read and witnessed from them all over the last few years) I doubt Coyle would be interested but im sure Lambo and Davies would. Lamberts dad would be so proud with his family all being big bluenoses. :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats no bother and wasnt really what i meant or was asking.

(tu)

I would take Coyle, Lambert or Davies before McCoist. (Solely based on what i have seen, heard, read and witnessed from them all over the last few years) I doubt Coyle would be interested but im sure Lambo and Davies would. Lamberts dad would be so proud with his family all being big bluenoses. :)

I know what you were meaning mate , but how long would any free flowing football manager be allowed at our club , if the results were showing us winning nothing at the end of the season , or even trailing by 15/18 points by the new year ?

I know what you were meaning mate , but how long would any free flowing football manager be allowed at our club , if the results were showing us winning nothing at the end of the season , or even trailing by 15/18 points by the new year ?

Thats a huge problem within our spoilt and demanding fanbase. (tu)

Im confident if any manager was able to get our club to play free flowing attacking football, we would not be losing titles or trophies or trailing by any amount of points, we would be the best team in the country, by a distance. We are the biggest club, best club and have the 2nd largest budget. Our rivals are a shambles and the league is full of mediocre dross. Its not difficult to win here despite how hard our current team makes it look. The standard is so poor. Lack of major tournys, countries co-officient and state of our game in general seem to me to back this up.

(tu)

Thats a huge problem within our spoilt and demanding fanbase. (tu)

Im confident if any manager was able to get our club to play free flowing attacking football, we would not be losing titles or trophies or trailing by any amount of points, we would be the best team in the country, by a distance. We are the biggest club, best club and have the 2nd largest budget. Our rivals are a shambles and the league is full of mediocre dross. Its not difficult to win here despite how hard our current team makes it look. The standard is so poor. Lack of major tournys, countries co-officient and state of our game in general seem to me to back this up.

(tu)

( Well said (tu):21: )

If we were playing the free flowing football we're talking about , we would probably find the opposition teams bringing the bus ( as mourinho said ) and try to catch us on the break , just look at the amount of chances we USUALLY create in a game , we should be putting teams to the sword every week but start most games looking complacent , think we would need to find a happy medium with supporters , players ,management team if we were to acheive the sexy football we all crave , although if we played dreadfull and beat septic with an own goal , everyone would be overjoyed and would laugh our heads off when that lot spout their nonsense about playing the better football :21:

Two clubs with nae money. One plays attractive open attacking football the other the biggest club in their country does not. Why is this the case? Blackpool are the poorest(financially speaking) team in the EPL and everybody's favorite for relegation IN August. We may have a severe shortage of cash to splash but its still more than most other teams in SPL. Why is or football so poor? Is it our manager or are we not allowed to say that?

It might be down to the fact that players are always played out of position.

walter admits himself he is a great admirer of italian football which has always tended to err on the defensive side of foot ball.even inter who won the c/l park the bus at times.when we had great attacking players under smith we still at times tended to keep it tight in games and hit on the break. take the old firm games for instance, we would get murdered by tommy burns teams then go up the park- goal- game over. this has always been watties philosophy and its served us no too bad

Blackpool for me are probably the best team in Britain to watch these days, and it amazes me since the squad has been built on no money at all and a 10,000 wage cap. I'd love if we could attack in the same way they do but it will never happen n i dont think pressure has anything to do with it. The most frustrating thing is that we do have the creative players in the team but smith decides to play 2 defensive mids,and a right winger on the left. We should go into every game with 2 wingers, 2 strikers and somebody sittin behind the strikers pulling the strings like davis or naismith. Davis has always been far too defensive under smith. Not saying we should go all out attack like blackpool but we do need to be pinning teams back for 90 mins as well as being solid at the back.

One sentence.

We must win.

That pressure excuse only lasts so long.

Regardless of pressure or whatever, there's no excuse for sending out a team that can't compete, battle, pass with Inverness. Don't care what anyone says.

I'm still a Walter Smith fan, but he needs to show a bit more hunger himself if he expects it from his players.

No, you misunderstand, I mean the pressure excuse only lasts so long. Not Rangers expectations, which is win every game.

I don't think it's an excuse, but a reality of playing with a very small squad. When injuries come along (as they inevitably do) then we just do not have the depth of quality to compensate and so poor performances will surely follow.

We should have beaten ICT nevertheless. We might disagree about why we did not.

I don't think it's an excuse, but a reality of playing with a very small squad. When injuries come along (as they inevitably do) then we just do not have the depth of quality to compensate and so poor performances will surely follow.

We should have beaten ICT nevertheless. We might disagree about why we did not.

My main point (regardless of what was lost in forum translation) was really that Walter Smith needs to be more positive, ruthless and hungrier if he expects his team to aswell.

Granted, we don't all know what he says in a changing room etc but all you see at Murray Park is pictures of him, McCoist, Durrant and McDowell all laughing while the players jog and figh five for the 2.5 hours they are in 4 days a week.

That's what annoys me and I think it has a knock on effect to various first halfs like what we seen on Saturday.

That's what annoys me and I think it has a knock on effect to various first halfs like what we seen on Saturday.

I'm annoyed by how we play at times as well. But, not nearly as much as I am by the ridiculous size and state our squad is in. And Smith has next to no power in the decisions to change it for the better.

What's he has achieved for us with the tools to hand is nothing short of remarkable. I can't think of anyone who would do better as it stands, but can think of many who would do much, much worse.

I'm annoyed by how we play at times as well. But, not nearly as much as I am by the ridiculous size and state our squad is in. And Smith has next to no power in the decisions to change it for the better.

What's he has achieved for us with the tools to hand is nothing short of remarkable. I can't think of anyone who would do better as it stands, but can think of many who would do much, much worse.

I totally agree mate, but that aside, we are only as good as our last game at times and some of the stuff I witness/read/hear about makes me furious.

Tiredness in late October and stuff like that. Ready made excuses for failure.

Walter Smith is a legend. No doubt about it, but sometimes he does himself no favours.

Tiredness in late October and stuff like that. Ready made excuses for failure.

I can't ever take that as an excuse from someone lucky enough to get to play fitba for a living. I'm sure (like most supporters) we all remember spending nearly every waking moment playing or trying to get to play fitba.

Tired? Fuck off an gies peace!

I can't ever take that as an excuse from someone lucky enough to get to play fitba for a living. I'm sure (like most supporters) we all remember spending nearly every waking moment playing or trying to get to play fitba.

Tired? Fuck off an gies peace!

(tu)

That pressure excuse only lasts so long.

Regardless of pressure or whatever, there's no excuse for sending out a team that can't compete, battle, pass with Inverness. Don't care what anyone says.

I'm still a Walter Smith fan, but he needs to show a bit more hunger himself if he expects it from his players.

138 years so far

138 years so far

How many of the 9 in a row years did we have a proper challange? I counted 3/4.

Tally up the points in them seasons (even factioning 2 points for a win up until the early 90's) and you will see our points totals were not much different to the dark days of McLeish and Le Guen.

A forward thinking manager can take a guy like Adam and get a return.

I think I was the only person left that didn't want him to leave Ibrox. Too much under Walter he got the ball and turned backwards on himself.

There's a massive penny starting to drop in my head over Walter Smith after this weekend, and it's to do with showing Inverness too much respect and negative tactics.

This sums up Rangers to me at the moment. If we're playing 1 up front to the mighty Inverness there's just no one there to pass the ball to, so we gotta turn back towards our own goal.

How many of the 9 in a row years did we have a proper challange? I counted 3/4.

Tally up the points in them seasons (even factioning 2 points for a win up until the early 90's) and you will see our points totals were not much different to the dark days of McLeish and Le Guen.

Well we played less games in the 9IAR season.

We have shown that we can play good football but as with every team, theres a spell when the fixtures pile up that we drop some points. However, we are still ahead by 3 points and have a Old Firm match at Ibroz coming up. Walter doesn't lose many of them. Number three is on its way.

Well we played less games in the 9IAR season.

We have shown that we can play good football but as with every team, theres a spell when the fixtures pile up that we drop some points. However, we are still ahead by 3 points and have a Old Firm match at Ibroz coming up. Walter doesn't lose many of them. Number three is on its way.

Fair enough. Look at the amount of draws and defeats, though. That sort of form now that the Old Firm are neck and neck would see you a good dozen points behind Celtic.

Fair enough. Look at the amount of draws and defeats, though. That sort of form now that the Old Firm are neck and neck would see you a good dozen points behind Celtic.

Agreed. That's what makes me think that the current team is being underrated. If that team containing all those legends dropped points in the league, it's hardly a hanging offence for "pish" like McCulloch, Whittaker, Weiss, Edu, Foster to do the same.

Agreed. That's what makes me think that the current team is being underrated. If that team containing all those legends dropped points in the league, it's hardly a hanging offence for "pish" like McCulloch, Whittaker, Weiss, Edu, Foster to do the same.

Guys that take a lot of stick like Whittaker, Weiss, Beattie and McCulloch are nowhere near as bad as people make out imo.