Rangers "Debt"

Broxi

Turnover of £56.3m (2009 - £39.7m), an increase of £16.6m or 41.8%

·Net operating expenses decreased by 9.1% or £4.4m to £43.9m (2009 - £48.3m)

·Operating profit increased by £22.4m to £5.1m (2009 - loss of £17.3m)

·Profit for the year increased by £16.9m to £4.2m (2009 - loss of £12.7m)

We were not in profit in 2009 so we would of had to reduce the overdraft with the bank before chipping away at the loan debt I would imagine.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turnover of £56.3m (2009 - £39.7m), an increase of £16.6m or 41.8%

·Net operating expenses decreased by 9.1% or £4.4m to £43.9m (2009 - £48.3m)

·Operating profit increased by £22.4m to £5.1m (2009 - loss of £17.3m)

·Profit for the year increased by £16.9m to £4.2m (2009 - loss of £12.7m)

We were not in profit in 2009 so we would of had to reduce the overdraft with the bank before chipping away at the loan debt I would imagine.

couldnt be arsed finding they figurse so kudos to you sir

but that in a nutshell is why we are still humped, that was the kaunas year :anguish:

How have the mhanks managed the last couple of years, considering no CL money and the size of their squad ? I'm as confused as the OP. <cr>

Can they they no put statements out in dummy friendly language, or are we really no meant to know ?

You are a ticket did we fuck get £3 mill for mendez we got around £1 mill and wilson we got £2 mill with extra **IF** HE PLAYES ENOUGH MATCHES

as everything else you have to pay staff, travel, players, maintenece and charity organizations plus more so fuck knows how you think we can do all this for free

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT RANGERS_10

You are a ticket did we fuck get £3 mill for mendez we got around £1 mill and wilson we got £2 mill with extra **IF** HE PLAYES ENOUGH MATCHES

as everything else you have to pay staff, travel, players, maintenece and charity organizations plus more so fuck knows how you think we can do all this for free

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT RANGERS_10

Every time someone brings this up, they are hit with this type of "you don't know what your talking about" response (which is probably true). So could someone "who does know what they're talking about" please put some numbers into these equations for us mathematically challenged. I'm not expecting to the nearest tenner,to the nearest couple of million would help a lot. I also know that last year we paid off some old debts for players we got on tick, so I'm hoping we're up to date with those.

Us.....Income in...ticket sales, player sales, CL money, winning league, merchandise etc.

Minus..outgoing....all you mentioned above + yearly debt/interest payment and anything else =

The mhanks...Income in...same as us ( minus CL and winning the league monies )

Minus....outgoing... same as us, with smaller debt/interest repayment, but with larger squad,so (I'm assuming) larger wage bill =

If someone can help, thank ye much, if not the why the hell is it so difficult for any of us to figure out even ballpark numbers.

Those manky bastards across the road are already like weans before Xmas, wondering who they're going to sign in January, and Bain sounds like every employer I've ever worked for "wer dain no bad but we'll still hifty tighten wur belts fur a wee while yet"..... I just can't get my head around it, so any help would be much appreciated.

Every time someone brings this up, they are hit with this type of "you don't know what your talking about" response (which is probably true). So could someone "who does know what they're talking about" please put some numbers into these equations for us mathematically challenged. I'm not expecting to the nearest tenner,to the nearest couple of million would help a lot. I also know that last year we paid off some old debts for players we got on tick, so I'm hoping we're up to date with those.

Us.....Income in...ticket sales, player sales, CL money, winning league, merchandise etc.

Minus..outgoing....all you mentioned above + yearly debt/interest payment and anything else =

The mhanks...Income in...same as us ( minus CL and winning the league monies )

Minus....outgoing... same as us, with smaller debt/interest repayment, but with larger squad,so (I'm assuming) larger wage bill =

If someone can help, thank ye much, if not the why the hell is it so difficult for any of us to figure out even ballpark numbers.

Those manky bastards across the road are already like weans before Xmas, wondering who they're going to sign in January, and Bain sounds like every employer I've ever worked for "wer dain no bad but we'll still hifty tighten wur belts fur a wee while yet"..... I just can't get my head around it, so any help would be much appreciated.

Look at posts form bluedell on here or gersnet around the time our accounts came out for a good explanation (i would recommend that for most people who have contributed to this thread) (tu)

Rangers 10 we were still paying off transfers from bygone days. We also paid the full Jelavic amount upfront at the time. You also need to factor in the lights that are used constantly on the grass when no sunlight, the undersoil heating being on, the gas and electricity bills. Thats just some of the things that are easy to forget about. I still dont see how people think there is something suspicious going on, as even i know its illegle to falsify accounts

Rangers 10 we were still paying off transfers from bygone days. We also paid the full Jelavic amount upfront at the time. You also need to factor in the lights that are used constantly on the grass when no sunlight, the undersoil heating being on, the gas and electricity bills. Thats just some of the things that are easy to forget about. I still dont see how people think there is something suspicious going on, as even i know its illegle to falsify accounts

Sounding like a broken record I know, but don't the taigs have the same types of bills? yet they still seem to stroll right along without 2 years of (how many miilions?) CL money. Not suspicious, just confused. Even allowing for Jelavic and Beattie it still seems we should have a chunk left over if its not coming off the debt.

Maybe those pricks are printing their own money. Player wise, they don't have much quality, but they sure have a big quantity and are still going on about bringing in more <cr> I also know they spent hee haw in transfer fees, but they still got to pay them a decent weekly wage (I think).

I'm not talking so much about last year BTW, I know we were paying off some old shit, but you would think that if the bank knows we still have a large wad of CL money still to come in, they would cut us a wee bit slack.

I like to read other team's sites (the sheep etc.)and financial wise, we are way more in the dark than any of them, unless they are talking shite and know hee haw the same as us.

Sounding like a broken record I know, but don't the taigs have the same types of bills? yet they still seem to stroll right along without 2 years of (how many miilions?) CL money. Not suspicious, just confused. Even allowing for Jelavic and Beattie it still seems we should have a chunk left over if its not coming off the debt.

Maybe those pricks are printing their own money. Player wise, they don't have much quality, but they sure have a big quantity and are still going on about bringing in more wacko.gif I also know they spent hee haw in transfer fees, but they still got to pay them a decent weekly wage (I think).

I'm not talking so much about last year BTW, I know we were paying off some old shit, but you would think that if the bank knows we still have a large wad of CL money still to come in, they would cut us a wee bit slack.

I like to read other team's sites (the sheep etc.)and financial wise, we are way more in the dark than any of them, unless they are talking shite and know hee haw the same as us.

I honestly can not speak for the tims at all mate, i have not one scooby as to how that shite are run. Id imagine it may be todo with the fact they didnt have a huge overdraft facility with a bank and when the banks went tits up they wanted their money. Im in no way qualified to make any judgement on their dealings whatsoever

I honestly can not speak for the tims at all mate, i have not one scooby as to how that shite are run. Id imagine it may be todo with the fact they didnt have a huge overdraft facility with a bank and when the banks went tits up they wanted their money. Im in no way qualified to make any judgement on their dealings whatsoever

i dont know if you care probably not.

but they pish all over us financially. making a profit without cl monies last year they spent 5 million net on players despite no cl

we stil make a loss without the cl.

some because they actually have managment who care and who look to maximise their revenue and some because they sell nearly as many season books as out total capacity.

it helps when you have a chief ex that can punt your shite players for money instead of paying them off like we do

they bastards got 2 mill for caldwell, 1.5 for mcmanus ffs, 1 million for sno, 1 million for craig beattie, 10mill for mcgeady :P

we paid off burke, mccormack, gavin rae, and sold charlie adam for 500k :anguish:

Any bank or financial institution will look at a companies debt and the first thing they will analyse is the income streams.

This allows them to assess whether or not a company is actually capable of repaying the debt or not.

Rangers FC has large and repetetive income streams that will allow it to continue to repay the debt it has accrued.

If you have a mortgage and you do not default on your payments then the banks have no reason to ask you to pay up early or force a sale of your house to pay off the debt.

So if Rangers haven't defaulted on their payments and are working within their means with millions still to come in you have to ask yourself why the Bank are being so dogmatic with their dealings in our club?

Leggatt gave as much of an insight as he could legally and asked the question why the media were so reluctant to do the kind of digging he has been doing.

Maybe more of us should keep that thought in the back of our minds and ask why the bank are being so stubborn with us compared to other businesses in similar situations?

the difference with the tims is the have a sugar daddy who is prepared to "loan"them money at little or no interest. read somewhere recently he has invested 20m in the last couple of years .if this is virtually a donation as against a bank loan to run their club it makes their figures look an awful lot better than they really are

but they pish all over us financially. making a profit without cl monies last year they spent 5 million net on players despite no cl

some because they actually have managment who care and who look to maximise their revenue and some because they sell nearly as many season books as out total capacity.

Well im away for a wank then, since ra shellick are a massive club

Any bank or financial institution will look at a companies debt and the first thing they will analyse is the income streams.

This allows them to assess whether or not a company is actually capable of repaying the debt or not.

Rangers FC has large and repetetive income streams that will allow it to continue to repay the debt it has accrued.

If you have a mortgage and you do not default on your payments then the banks have no reason to ask you to pay up early or force a sale of your house to pay off the debt.

So if Rangers haven't defaulted on their payments and are working within their means with millions still to come in you have to ask yourself why the Bank are being so dogmatic with their dealings in our club?

Leggatt gave as much of an insight as he could legally and asked the question why the media were so reluctant to do the kind of digging he has been doing.

Maybe more of us should keep that thought in the back of our minds and ask why the bank are being so stubborn with us compared to other businesses in similar situations?

we are constantly told we just need to pay back 1 million per year.

but the realities are very different.

last year we payed back 6 million. this year my fag packet calcs look to me like 10 will be paid back.

that would be fine if we could tie up our best players on contracts at ver least but no, we are faced with anotehr 2 million a year of the wage bill.

something is rotten here. personaly what you say is always in the back of my mind.

Certainly didn't this season..... :sherlock:

Now celtic have been a few seasons without CL money (after maximising the money they could make form the CL) lets see this seasons accounts before we all start sucking there knobs.....