Mario Balotelli wins award -- then has a dig at Wilshere

H72

Mario Balotelli wins award – then has a dig at Arsenal's Jack Wilshere

• Balotelli claims not to have heard of second-placed Wilshere

• City striker then says he is better than Fábregas and Rooney

Mario-Balotelli-008.jpg

Mario Balotelli: not short of confidence. Photograph: Tom Jenkins for the Guardian

Mario Balotelli has been named the best young player in Europe – and has taken a swipe at Jack Wilshere, Cesc Fábregas and Wayne Rooney in the process.

The Manchester City striker won the Golden Boy trophy, organised by the Turin newspaper Tuttosport and voted for by European journalists to honour the most talented footballer under the age of 21. The 20-year-old beat the 18-year-old Wilshere into second place – and then claimed he did not even know who the Arsenal midfielder was.

"What's his name? Wil ... ? No, I don't know him, but the next time I play against Arsenal I will keep a close eye on him," Balotelli said. "Perhaps I can show him the Golden Boy trophy and remind him that I won it."

The Italy international then had a dig at previous winners of the award, including Fábregas, Rooney and Rafael van der Vaart, insisting only one past recipient could claim to be better than him. "There's only one that is a little stronger than me: Messi. All the others are behind me.

"I am delighted to receive the award, but who should have won it but me? Two years ago I finished sixth and then fourth in 2009. It was finally my turn. My aim is that this prize will transform itself into the Ballon d'Or. To have won this award is a good omen to achieve that."

Aside from personal prizes, Balotelli also seems confident of helping his team win the Premier League title this season. "For 2011 I want the Premier League, in order to continue with the tradition I had at Inter of winning three consecutive titles, and to clinch the Europa League, a trophy I have not yet won and a competition where we are considered favourites."

guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 21 December 2010 14.00 GMT

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/21/mario-balotelli-wilshere-fabregas-rooney

Mario, you are an arse.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing wrong with confidence and to be fair witshere aint a big name in italy id imagine, i like him though

That isn't confidence, that's complete disrespect for fellow professionals. Fabregas and Rooney are miles ahead of Balotelli in terms of ability. I find it extremely hard to believe also that he doesn't know who Jack Wilshere is, one of the best prospects to emerge from Arsenal's youth set-up for a very long time. Whether he knew who he was or not, you do not say this:

"Perhaps I can show him the Golden Boy trophy and remind him that I won it."

I hope Balotelli fails miserably at Manchester City.

Nice picture :anguish:

Most talented player under the age of 21 <cr>

If he sorted himself out, he could be ridiculously good. Sadly the guy is a complete and utter arse. Hopefully he grows up sooner rather than later.

The boy's a knob. And that's all he is just now- just a boy. Needs to grow up, and fast, because the City fans are not going to hang around waiting for him. They'll want him gone, and another name brought in.

Pathetic attitude, and I hope he and City fail massively this season. He and Tevez are climbing my most hated footballer list.

He wants to go back to Milan. The papers put a twist on it, but he did say ;

"I will tell Ibrahimovic to carry on calling me so one day his desire comes true and I will be able to wear the Milan shirt."

Nobody is saying confidence isn't allowed - Messi, Xavi and Iniesta are all confident, but there is noway they would be allowed to speak that way during their career. It's a pain in the arse god gave him that talent. With his attitude right now he doesn't fucking deserve it.

He wants to go back to Milan. The papers put a twist on it, but he did say ;

"I will tell Ibrahimovic to carry on calling me so one day his desire comes true and I will be able to wear the Milan shirt."

Nobody is saying confidence isn't allowed - Messi, Xavi and Iniesta are all confident, but there is noway they would be allowed to speak that way during their career. It's a pain in the arse god gave him that talent. With his attitude right now he doesn't fucking deserve it.

:ohmy:

When did he say that ? I'd always heard he was a AC Milan fan.