Do you find you hate Celtic less the older you get?

I love that proper scumbags like ABOD can make these absurd litlte hardman comments and not feel like a total twat, it's kind of sweet. And the typical chip-on-shoulder 'ya student cunt' comments in here as soon as anyone makes a comment slightly different from the norm are really, really sad too.

Whats wrong dont you like the truth that ABOD is telling you. You and i have had many arguments about you being a handwringer, you never have a good word to say about our fans and i have nothing in common with you. Your kind give our enimies the amunittion to attack our club and fans.

From those who came from Protestant communities there is an expectancy from us that our football clubs displays an identity and character in keeping with our Protestant entailment. Its quite clear from this thread that those who did not share such an upbringing do not do share the same entailment ideals for our club.

People often come into these threads and use terms such as "the world has moved on" and "things are different now". The problem with such statements is that they fail to take cognisance of the entailment of the Protestant belief system taught within those communities I referred to earlier. These entailments are not fashionable ideals which change to suit the prevailing fashions from generation to generation, they are spiritual principles which are unchanging.

What do you mean by this? How is it quite clear? How do you know what kind of upbringing someone may or may not have had.

I see the problem is that when one group of people do not subscribe to the others ideals, the the latter always declare 'THEY' are right and by not believing, just shows that you are a handwringer/tim or dinosaur/bigot.

The thing I find most abhorrent in all this is the accusations of not being a true Rangers fan because of the opinion you hold (whichever opinion it is !!).

I love this site for debate such as this, I enjoy reading many of the great posts written by many contributors, from both sides i.e. D'art / BP9 and others.

I am sure it is well known what side I lean too (if not .. it would be what would be considered "Handwringers") but just because of that it doesn't mean i don't respect the opinion of the other side.

Resorting to name calling, in any argument, it means (IMO) you feel you have lost that argument and have to fall back on school yard rules.

I think we have, through experience dismissed the accuracy of internet polls gs.

Notwithstanding that fact, would you not agree that whilst many may not believe in God or the Christian teachings, they still hold on to many of the beliefs which were taught within that system. ?

That is not unique to Rangers fans...

Im a scumbag imagine an Ulster Loyalist on a Rangers forum being called a scumbag tut tut tut.

I give up RM Admin what are yous playing at do yous not see the signs with some of these bhoys.

They are a vile bunch thats only infecting the Rangers support online some are questionable Rangers fans at that.

Get your finger out RM Admin and put these boys into line FFS.

D'Art as useal down to a T mate. ;)(tu)

You're going to break your keyboard one day.....

The thing I find most abhorrent in all this is the accusations of not being a true Rangers fan because of the opinion you hold (whichever opinion it is !!).

I dont understand this either. It irks when someone suggests I am not a true bear based on what I type on a Message board.

Who decides who is or isn't a real Rangers fan anyway?

I dont understand this either. It irks when someone suggests I am not a true bear based on what I type on a Message board.

Its in the genes ;)

It's me and you're not.

Do you find that you hate them less the older you get? I certainly do.

When I was at school everyone was a Rangers fan so you didn't really mix with tims at all. I found it easier to believe that they were somehow different to us. But once I left school and went into the wide World I realised that, essentially, they are the same as us. Raise families, drive cars, pay the bills, drink in pubs, contribute to society and support their team the same as we do.

The rabid hatred I felt for them as a young teenager is now diluted. I still despise the team and hope they lose every game they play but I am probably far more mellow towards individual tims than I used to be as an ignorant schoolboy.

no ! but with many scum as friends , when put in the wee box or cremated will still hate them ? it`s still in the blood. ;);)

That is not unique to Rangers fans...

No its not unique to Rangers fans and I have never suggested it was.

But the Protestant belief system has been the system of values of this club for many many years, probably since inception. It is a system which has served this club admirably.

You in your opening post have suggested that with maturity you have mellowed and gone as far to suggest that they are the same as us...

But once I left school and went into the wide World I realised that, essentially, they are the same as us.

They are not the same as us, and I am thankful for that.

Our club never turned a blind eye or allowed child abuse to continue unchallenged.

Our club has never pretended to express mock indignation at the singing of their fans.

Our club has never used a player's premature death as an excuse to postpone a match.

Our club has sought to eradicate sectarianism within our support not sought to deny its existence, or politicise it.

Our support has never brought shame to our country by disrespecting the brave young men and women who defend these shores.

Our club has not tried to suggest ever that Celtic were receiving preferential treatment.

Our club has never sought to blame others for our own failings, whether that be the integrity of match officials or the professional integrity of other teams.

So I would beg to differ with your opening assertion.

But the Protestant belief system has been the system of values of this club for many many years, probably since inception. It is a system which has served this club admirably.

You in your opening post have suggested that with maturity you have mellowed and gone as far to suggest that they are the same as us...

Our club never turned a blind eye or allowed child abuse to continue unchallenged.

Our club has never pretended to express mock indignation at the singing of their fans.

Our club has never used a player's premature death as an excuse to postpone a match.

Our club has sought to eradicate sectarianism within our support not sought to deny its existence, or politicise it.

Our support has never brought shame to our country by disrespecting the brave young men and women who defend these shores.

Our club has not tried to suggest ever that Celtic were receiving preferential treatment.

Our club has never sought to blame others for our own failings, whether that be the integrity of match officials or the professional integrity of other teams.

To be fair, TWB probably agrees with all this and already said he hates the club. It's the supporters he has mellowed towards.

Fair enough I say.

I meant, and said, that the vast majority of Celtic and Rangers fans are essentially the same. I stated in the opening post that I despise the club and hope they lose every game - which a lot of people seem to have missed.

I meant, and said, that the vast majority of Celtic and Rangers fans are essentially the same. I stated in the opening post that I despise the club and hope they lose every game - which a lot of people seem to have missed.

Rather than having missed anything, perhaps its your title post which is misleading. It says Celtic not Celtic fans.