Do you find you hate Celtic less the older you get?

I have a cousin in Northern Ireland who is Catholic but favours us over Celtic. Work that one out!

Yeah, I have spoke to a few people like that aswell over here.

None of them will actually say that to their Catholic mates though.

It's only favouring aswell. I'll count them when they step out in our shirt :sherlock:

Yeah, I have spoke to a few people like that aswell over here.

None of them will actually say that to their Catholic mates though.

It's only favouring aswell. I'll count them when they step out in our shirt :sherlock:

Just like post 413 ;)

Erm he comes from a mixed family. He doesn't support us and I wouldn't call him a fan but if he had to pick one he picks us.

One of my Dad's grandfathers was a Catholic from Donegal and my Dad used to take him onto the terraces in the 60s when he came on holiday where he stood while the Bears belted out the Sash and Derry's Walls, he couldn't have given a fuck.

I read the last part wrong and started thinking your Dad was older than his Grandfather :lol:

Thats all I have to say, carry on :sherlock:

As I remember is they soon shut up once they saw what you had written elsewhere!! as you had left yourself, as usual, wide open to ridicule

Re-writing history and twisting people's comments...how predictable and expected of someone like you.

Only you in your warped and Utopian mind would see the good in this song and nothing wrong with it being played over the PA at the San Giro.

Your opinions on matter like this are as much use as a dating agency for Susan Boyle.

this is a love song about Britain.

Its an Irish Republican song about fighting a war against Britain :shifty:

And it was played at the Bheastdome and promoting Republican causes an absolute disgrace. :angry:

and it's up to me if i think you are indeed a prick.you seem to get off putting down other posters who don't share your views,well done.

water off a ducks back in terms of myself, couldn't give a toss what you write about me.But you come across as someone who tries to make out that they are some kind of intellectual deep thinker. You are about as deep as a puddle.Wanker!

Eh? Why the fuck would I want to do that on a football forum? I am who I am, I'm not ashamed of my intelligence and fuck anyone who has a problem with it.

I dont actually know what your talking about. And so, well so the fact is thats why you get the tim accusations probably because you are forever defending them and having a go at our fans

Well, no I'm not. Irregardless, you continue to think what you want, I really couldn't care less.

Its an Irish Republican song about fighting a war against Britain :shifty:

And it was played at the Bheastdome and promoting Republican causes an absolute disgrace. :angry:

That song's bad enough, but the fact that they played anything at all by Aztec Camera is an absolute disgrace; a more forgettable band you'd be hard put to find.

I do have a few mates over here that support that lot, but we rarely discuss football as we are each entrenched in our ways and know that the disucussion would be of no benefit to anyone. To paraphrase the old saying, if you want to remain friends with someone, avoid discussing politics & regligion (*or sport, especially if it mixes the two). I do agree with Ozblue in that it is easier in some ways to distance yourself from the rivalry if you're not living in the middle of it, but having said that my distaste for that club itself hasn't diminished as I've gotten older; if anything, considering who is in charge now and the level they've stooped to, my hatred of the entity that is CFC has no doubt grown. Regarding individual supporters though, there are good and bad in every lot. I've always taken people on a one on one basis - they treat me well, no worries. They're a tube, no further effort is wasted on them.

That song's bad enough, but the fact that they played anything at all by Aztec Camera is an absolute disgrace; a more forgettable band you'd be hard put to find.

Aye, but Mick Jones is involved with it....which lends it some credibility.

I cant believe people have a problem with Celtic playing that song, either they misunderstand the lyrics or just go through life perpetually offended.

Or both.

Aye, but Mick Jones is involved with it....which lends it some credibility.

I cant believe people have a problem with Celtic playing that song, either they misunderstand the lyrics or just go through life perpetually offended.

Or both.

Or Celtic play it, knowing fine well what the song means....

They also play it on Radio 2.....hardly a bastion of Republicanism.

It's a song preaching tolerance and acceptance. What a pathetic thing to get offended over...

It will have had a play on every station at one point. Like any other song.

If it's been in the charts or top 40, they will have been obliged to.

But a football club that choose it out of millions of songs, well draw your own conclusion...

Also. I'm not offended at the song personally. I see people a little alarmed at Celtic's choice of music and offended at the double standards. If we were to play a song like that....

Do what?

Play songs to offend others. Isnt that what you and gunslinger preach?

Btw the song mentions catholic in it, of course ra shellick will play it over the tannoy.

Away slit yer wrists in the bath and stop talking pish about your decreasing hatred of our east end cousins

It will have had a play on every station at one point. Like any other song.

If it's been in the charts or top 40, they will have been obliged to.

But a football club that choose it out of millions of songs, well draw your own conclusion...

Also. I'm not offended. I see people a little alarmed at Celtic's choice of music. That's all.

This is a new low. He used it as an example of why he despises Celtic and everything they stand for.

Unless you're suggesting that Celtic ONLY play songs with Republican/Rebel/Irish undertones then your first point doesn't stand up either.

Play songs to offend others. Isnt that what you and gunslinger preach?

Btw the song mentions catholic in it, of course ra shellick will play it over the tannoy.

Away slit yer wrists in the bath and stop talking pish about your decreasing hatred of our east end cousins

And here comes the personal insults - what a fine example of a Rangers supporter you are.