Fleck

nvager

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing again imo. Seems to find it hard to take any control of a game. Never seemed to be in the game today. Hutton and Ness look more promising. Still young all the same so plenty of opportunities to come.

are you seriously judging ness after about 10 touches in the first team ? Fleck done well today , the whole team took their foot off the gas after vlad went off . If you were expecting him to produce what vlad had then perhaps you are expecting to much . Fleck is a decent player with a bright future , maybe it's just that he's never going to be the stand out match winner some were led to believe he would be .

To me it's as if he has been told to be more composed and relax and take more of the game in instead of bursting around the pitch like most young players do.

Unfortunately he has taken this too far and now just strolls about with what seems like no interest and very little care. I know this is not the case because I'm sure he would love nothing more than to become the great player we all expected him to be but something just isn't working for him.

I thought he did ok today though. Was always going to be hard for him replacing Naismith then getting put out LM.

huge calls for weiss to be played in his correct position but fleck doesnt seem to qualify for this courtousy.

fuck knows why.

Because Weiss is a young foreigner and Fleck is a young Scot

For some bizarre reason, an element of our support has no time whatsoever for 'their own'

John Fleck is a decent player who will go on to have a reasonable career with Rangers. He is one of our best one touch players.

Didn't see a lot of the ball on the left but did well when he moved into the centre. Didn't do anything wrong and showed some nice touches and good runs.

huge calls for weiss to be played in his correct position but fleck doesnt seem to qualify for this courtousy.

fuck knows why.

Surely players must be able to put in a shift even when not played in their correct position. Or does that only work with a certain ones?

Fleck needs games, but he doesn't warrant a first team start, so I'd imagine he'll continue to be used as a substitute.

Because Weiss is a young foreigner and Fleck is a young Scot

For some bizarre reason, an element of our support has no time whatsoever for 'their own'

Don't often agree with you but there is some truth in this.

I remember Hutton(Alan),Adam and Maurice Ross to name a few receiving the ball to a chorus of moans and shouts of 'Right come on you dae sumthin'

It's a strange one although they will probably say foreigners need more time to adjust and that's why they don't get grumbled at as much,I think the adjustment to first team is also a big factor for the Scots.

Surely players must be able to put in a shift even when not played in their correct position. Or does that only work with a certain ones?

Fleck needs games, but he doesn't warrant a first team start, so I'd imagine he'll continue to be used as a substitute.

fleck is far better than weiss on the left. far more adaptable in general.

but when fleck isnt great on the left noone screems hes a number ten get him playing through the middle.

thats my point.

fleck is far better than weiss on the left. far more adaptable in general.

but when fleck isnt great on the left noone screems hes a number ten get him playing through the middle.

thats my point.

Fleck is hopeless on the left.

Post number 4 does. There has been plenty talk about Fleck being played out of position on here over the last few seasons.

he was quiet today untill he moved more central.

he may not be as showey are weiss but he sure holds onto the ball better.

give him time.

You are praising him while I was criticizing, he needs to be less cautious.

He got moved in the middle and when he got into good positions he more often than not always turned and passed it back when he had a chance to drive forward.

The difference between Weiss and Fleck today was Weiss was willing to get the ball and run or try a killer pass while Fleck was cautious and always played the safe pass.

I would rather have a player like Weiss who has the mentality to play a bad pass but not go into a shell like Fleck and keep on trying, if a run doesn't come off he trys it again.

He may be nervous and it could be the fans at Ibrox who get on a players back after one bad pass that has made him like that.

Fleck wasn't impressive when he moved in the middle at all IMO.

You are praising him while I was criticizing, he needs to be less cautious.

He got moved in the middle and when he got into good positions he more often than not always turned and passed it back when he had a chance to drive forward.

The difference between Weiss and Fleck today was Weiss was willing to get the ball and run or try a killer pass while Fleck was cautious and always played the safe pass.

I would rather have a player like Weiss who has the mentality to play a bad pass but not go into a shell like Fleck and keep on trying, if a run doesn't come off he trys it again.

He may be nervous and it could be the fans at Ibrox who get on a players back after one bad pass that has made him like that.

Fleck wasn't impressive when he moved in the middle at all IMO.

weiss couldnt hit an unmarked man ten feet away.

thats not a killer pass thats bog standard.

another differentce is one started

another ones 19

another ones just back from injury.