E-Bay Old Firm touts

1st_Jan_1994

For the people saying he should be grassed in to protect the club and our fans, is it the same when someone grasses fans in for singing sectarian songs? As surely that is protecting the club too?

Also if any of the people who said they would never do it, if they needed say £200 desperately you still wouldn't think of selling the tickets? Bollocks.

I knew someone would make that pathetic comparison. What a load of shite. It's never the same in a million years.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a fact that the guy selling the ticket is in the wrong, not sure wether grassing is the right thing though.

However this is the bit I dont get, how can people say that its the fault of the buyer that touting exists? I have been in this posistion before, Im sure everybody at some point has been dying to go to a game and have decided that whatever spare money they had would go to a ticket. That is what I would call real loyalty. People who say imagine paying 100s for a ticket? If you wouldnt pay it does that mean you dont want to go as much as the guy willing to pay the 100s?

I dont agree with touting, its a disgrace to do it to fellow bears. I am willing to bet 99% of bears in this thread who have gave away tickets for free have or are in a RSC who have at some point been given a free ticket or face value ticket to a game. The feeling you get when that happens is magic and something that most bears could understand. So to make money off a persons desperation to see the rangers is the lowest (td).

Question, would everybody take the same stance if say you had 2 spare tickets to say a Take that concert or whatever, and 2 loyal fans bidded £500 each for the tickets. Is that wrong then too?

Selling a ticket to a fellow Rangers fan for an inflated price is bang out of order.

One for all and all for one etc. Not everyone for themselves and if you can make a quick buck out of a fellow supporter then great.

I honestly would like to see the person selling their tickets be banned from Ibrox, we do not need people like that.

You might as well apply the same rationale to the Rangers supporting sellers outside Ibrox.

Tickets, scarfs, replica shirts - what's the difference in a market economy?

Best thing would be to do as with the TV - if you don't like it then don't do it.

the thing is billy, if no one buys these tickets at over inflated prices, then the tout loses out, yes real fans miss a game, but its one game, there are plenty others

if desperate fans give a tout 150 for a ticket, that then allows them to buy another 3 tickets for future games (the tout probably pays over the odds also in the first place) so in the following 3 games the tout has the potential to make even more cash

i have been desperate to go to many games, but fuck paying over the odds, id rather spend the money in the pub than give it to these bastards

and even if its a genuine fan selling a ticket for over inflated prices, let them, once again if no one pays the money then the fan gets desperate closer to kick off and ends up selling for face value

I knew someone would make that pathetic comparison. What a load of shite. It's never the same in a million years.

It's exactly the same. Grassing another for doing something you don't like is just that. The fact you don't happen to like ticket sellers is academic.

Is ticket touting properly illegal?

Like in reference to RangersGary's story, that can be done and the police turn a blind eye?

if you are trying to punt some tickets at inflated values, and someone kicks the shit out of you and steals the tickets, you can get them done and theres no evidence to you trying to sell them at higher value

just tell the stadium police that you have been mugged and the seat numbers were such and such

police lift the guys, contact rangers and confirm the tickets are yours and not the guys in the current seats,

if you are trying to punt some tickets at inflated values, and someone kicks the shit out of you and steals the tickets, you can get them done and theres no evidence to you trying to sell them at higher value

just tell the stadium police that you have been mugged and the seat numbers were such and such

police lift the guys, contact rangers and confirm the tickets are yours and not the guys in the current seats,

Awh bollocks.

Dreams have been crushed. :lol:

It's exactly the same. Grassing another for doing something you don't like is just that. The fact you don't happen to like ticket sellers is academic.

No it's not the same.

The clubs songs are traditional. Ripping Rangers fans off is anything but traditional. Think about it.

I'll repeat, stupid, flawed comparison.

heres a question for you all

if you had a spare ticket for a game, and someone came up to you outside the ground and said "i'll give you 200 quid for the ticket" even though you didnt say ANY price whatsoever

do you knock it back for face value or thank your lucky stars and take the cash

No it's not the same.

The clubs songs are traditional. Ripping Rangers fans off is anything but traditional. Think about it.

the clubs songs are traditional????????

gies peace, songs like build my gallows etc have fuck all to do with rangers football club

if you had a spare ticket for a game, and someone came up to you outside the ground and said "i'll give you 200 quid for the ticket" even though you didnt say ANY price whatsoever

I wouldn't sell a big game ticket for any money. I'd rather be at the game.

It's a fair enough question.

Personally I'd say it's different if someone offers you, out the blue. That's different from touting. Even by definition too.

The game at Tynecastle in the treble season we won on goal difference, the one we won 2-0 (second or third last game of the season)

I seen a tout get banjoed and his 4 tickets taken off him. The guy that done it took one for himself and gave the other three away to ticketless guys.

Something similar happened to me and a pal outside Stade du Nonce years ago. My pal was about to pay £40 for a ticket (well over the then face value) when some complete stranger/nutter decided to interject. He decked the seller and gave the ticket to my pal.

Being decent, my pal gave the ticket back to the seller and we moved on and eventually found another ticket.

No one is compelled to buy a ticket for more than they are prepared to pay.

I'd take face value.

Better than having a spare ticket and losing out on money. Plus you're outside the ground, how much of a cunt would you seem taking 200 quid :lol:

the clubs songs are traditional????????

gies peace, songs like build my gallows etc have fuck all to do with rangers football club

Give yourself fucking peace.

Do you not think the Billy Boys is a traditional song? I assume that's the song being refered to as it's the song people think can get the club into trouble.

I wouldn't sell a big game ticket for any money. I'd rather be at the game.

It's a fair enough question.

Personally I'd say it's different if someone offers you, out the blue. That's different from touting. Even by definition too.

hence why i said spare ticket

and accepting 200 quid is just as bad as asking for it, your still utilising someones desperation for a ticket

Give yourself fucking peace.

Do you not think the Billy Boys is a traditional song? I assume that's the song being refered to as it's the song people think can get the club into trouble.

no song was ever mentioned here, all that was said was songs described as sectarian,

the billy boys is a rangers song, but other, more prominent songs sung just now have fuck all to do with the club whatsoever

no song was ever mentioned here, all that was said was songs described as sectarian,

the billy boys is a rangers song, but other, more prominent songs sung just now have fuck all to do with the club whatsoever

Why would someone grass on you for singing Build My Gallows? how could that get the club into trouble?

Again, flawed comparison.

I'd take face value.

Better than having a spare ticket and losing out on money. Plus you're outside the ground, how much of a cunt would you seem taking 200 quid :lol:

thats my point, if your outside any ground with a spare rangers ticket and some guy comes up to you with 200 quid in cash and says "here take this for your spare ticket"

you'd honestly knock it back??????

not a fucking chance, 200 quid right there in your hand, no strings attached, no guys threatening to beat you up, just one guy offering you 200 quid while your mates stand 10 yards away waiting for you to punt the thing

No it's not the same.

Pfft. I thought about it - didn't take long. Asking someone to agree (or not) to a choice isn't a rip-off.

Just because you don't like the comparison hardly invalidates it.

Why would someone grass on you for singing Build My Gallows? how could that get the club into trouble?

Again, flawed comparison.

alright then, the famine song

we have been told not to sing that by the club havent we? also havent the police mentioned it also

and theres not a chance the famine songs is a traditional song

thats my point, if your outside any ground with a spare rangers ticket and some guy comes up to you with 200 quid in cash and says "here take this for your spare ticket"

you'd honestly knock it back??????

not a fucking chance, 200 quid right there in your hand, no strings attached, no guys threatening to beat you up, just one guy offering you 200 quid while your mates stand 10 yards away waiting for you to punt the thing

I'll stick with my original post. I'm accepting face value for my imaginary ticket.