Lafferty

keithgersbear

It was clear that something needed to be changed early on. Half time should have been the time to change things about. Stop the long balls, stop punting it to Kenny (or more precisely to Majstorovic and Rogne), get it down on the deck and play it.

If we want to persist with the long balls, bring on Beattie! He'd be more of as handful than Kenny, and is pretty decent at holding the ball up.

In the end we did neither: we kept it as it was and punted the aimless balls in Kenny's direction. We were shocking in every department. Celtic showed everything we lacked (as much as it pains me to say it) and fought their way through the game. It's easy to say we are the better team, because we are, but we had no passion today. It was what is quickly becoming known as a Walter Smith game. Slow, sluggish and with no real spark.

We need investment.

Showed more heart after 5 minutes being on the pitch, than the whole of the team, expect Lee McCulloch.

After that display, I'd drop every single one of them bar Ness and Lee.

credit to him mcculloch had passion. but he could do sweet f all with the ball.

Showed more heart after 5 minutes being on the pitch, than the whole of the team, expect Lee McCulloch.

After that display, I'd drop every single one of them bar Ness and Lee.

if u done tht we wouldnt hve an 11 so calm it janet

It was clear that something needed to be changed early on. Half time should have been the time to change things about. Stop the long balls, stop punting it to Kenny (or more precisely to Majstorovic and Rogne), get it down on the deck and play it.

If we want to persist with the long balls, bring on Beattie! He'd be more of as handful than Kenny, and is pretty decent at holding the ball up.

In the end we did neither: we kept it as it was and punted the aimless balls in Kenny's direction. We were shocking in every department. Celtic showed everything we lacked (as much as it pains me to say it) and fought their way through the game. It's easy to say we are the better team, because we are, but we had no passion today. It was what is quickly becoming known as a Walter Smith game. Slow, sluggish and with no real spark.

We need investment.

exactly if u r punting it to kenny miller least put it in the channels

Team's performance was pish, but for me Walter's was was shite, no shape or form whatsoever and Miller up front on his own against they toerags at Ibrox.... FFS. <cr>

I love Walter, but IMO he shat it big time today when there was no need whatsoever..... fuckin beelin.

Lafferty done well i thought, Was it a pen?

It looked a pen from where I was sitting, I've not seen it on tv though

What one? hand ball or the trip?

No hand ball against Wilson, and the time he showed some magic close control i think he stumbled rather than was fouled, he did give us some much needed urgency when he eventually got on, as per much too fuckin late.

You're 100% correct. He should have started in a 4-4-2 formation because we were at HOME. If anybody wants to beat that mob its Lafferty and when he came on you could see the difference. The tactics were all wrong today because with 4-4-2 we could have put some pressure on those two donkeys they have masquerading as centrebacks. Like you. Big Kyle's omission is totally baffling to me too.

We need investment.

I think another manager would have finished them today,fuckall to do with investment,we're much better than them.

The fact is he more often than not lets us down when he is handed a start

I think this season thats unfair to say. Against Celtic he would of offered a barrel load more than some of the spineless players in blue today. He'd run himself into the ground, and would give it his all.

Celtic proved today that you can win an OF game with desire, and Lafferty brings that in abundance.