Thanks Steven Whitaker but it's time to move on

bigmclean

I really don't think we're in a position to get rid of anyone, regardless of their inconsistency.

The only player I'd see sense in leaving is Miller for cash before his contract runs out.

We need everyone in the squad and we must utilise their ability. Hutton, Ness, Little, Perry, Fleck, Kerkar, Alexander, Wylde - we have to play them all far more often than we have over the next congestion of games.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Play him at RB every week and he will be at his best.

Even at his best, defensively he is poor. He can go past a player with ease he just seems to let players go past him with the same ease.

I like Whittaker more than I like Broadfoot or Foster, only out of necessity though. If we had the money I would want them replaced.

If our defence was solid, Whittaker's defensive frailities would be almost irrelevant (a bit like slagging off Dani Alves for not being the greatest defender) because he's so good going forward. Last season we had folk saying he was better than Hutton.

Sadly our defence is so bad this season that we can't cope with a full back who can't defend

I totally agree. Steven Whittaker was terrific last year but this year our defence has not been too good at all to put it nicely.

Alan Hutton wasnt the greatest defender in the world but his forward play more than made up for it.

Ricky Foster? Sorry but he should be earmarked for a return to the sheep asap.

Poor defensively, a waste of a jersey in midfield, especially on the left. He has the odd good game in midfield every so often.

Broadfoot is the best RB - defensively, and that's saying something.

Whittaker hasn't been great this season. But he is still a good player, form is temporay class is permanent he is slightly clumsly at times and gives away possesion but what people don't know about whittaker is that he has great techincal ability and he can also put in great timed tackles, just becuase he is mianly used at RB doesn't mean he can't kick a ball. Keep Whittaker thought he played well compared to everyone else (bar ness) against the tims, played the right balls, put in some good tackles.

1. who else do we get

2. our only full bck who can attack

no good being able to attack if he cant defend, defending should be the main attribute to a right back

and his attacking is questionable as well, his passing isn't good, his crossing is 9/10 shite, does the odd little bit of skill but its not enough imo

I like Whittaker. He has technical ability that Broadfoot and Foster could only dream of.

I tend to think that too, but his times running out. Too inconsistant but there's other I'd lose before him, still.

He needs to get his finger out.

I tend to think that too, but his times running out. Too inconsistant but there's other I'd lose before him, still.

He needs to get his finger out.

If we had 11 players as good with the ball at their feet as Whittaker is, we'd have some team

I'll always favour a proper footballer over an athlete who isn't very good at football (Foster definately comes into the latter category)

Sort the central defence out and Whittaker's defensive flaws become less of an issue

If we had 11 players as good with the ball at their feet as Whittaker is, we'd have some team

I'll always favour a proper footballer over an athlete who isn't very good at football (Foster definately comes into the latter category)

Sort the central defence out and Whittaker's defensive flaws become less of an issue

(tu)

My problem with Whittaker is that he seems to do the hard bit. Get's himself into a fantastic position with a bit of skill then takes the wrong option. That and getting caught out of position.

I think there's worse players at Ibrox than Whittaker, but he needs to get his finger out.

Too much of a footballer for some Rangers fans, I suspect.

Maybe if he was a bit bigger, stronger and had a penchant for lumping the ball up the park to no-one he'd be universally accepted.

There's at least five players I'd shift out of Ibrox before even LOOKING at Whittaker.