Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

1.5 million for Beattie who is fucked with injuries and out of shape. Would Walter not of been better spending that money on a new deal for Miller? Now were getting rid of our top scorer and left with a 31 year old dud. Trust Rangers.

It beggars belief.

It astounds me that so many people insist we should've let him stay until the summer and leave for free

Over the last 3 or 4 years, we've let countless players sit tight and see out their lucrative contracts (Stefan Klos, Brahim Hemdani, DaMarcus Beasley, Nacho Novo, Kris Boyd, Steven Smith, Andrius Velicka)

It would've been a crime to let Miller do the same

6-700k is nothing. It'll get swallowed up by the bank. Keeping Miller until the summer would be worth more to us than 700k.

if miller gets sold now, mcgregor could be away too.

i really dont get it, unless we have goodwillie wrapped up. its much more financially beneficial to keep kenny until the end of the season, winning the title and havign crack at qualifying for CL.

more so, i cannot begin to work out walters mindgames past month or so. or media linking with players. walter has been defiant all the way that no one comes in, no one has to leave. and today he comes out saying money needs to be released and all of a sudden kenny could be away.

please IF craig whyte comes in, the first thing id like from the new regime is tiny bit of transparency and clarity.

Their lack of regular football makes it even worse that they were allowed to run down their contracts

Such mismanagement should never be allowed to happen again, even if it means losing our top scorer

Hemdani refused to move on because he was collecting a fat pay cheque.

Smith was needed as cover for the left towards the end of the season. He played a couple of times.

Klos was needed as back up to Watterus as McGregor was on loan at Dunfermline.

Novo was offered a new contract, but refused at the end of the season.

Boyd was offered a new contract at the end of the season and refused too.

Hemdani refused to move on because he was collecting a fat pay cheque.

Smith was needed as cover for the left towards the end of the season. He played a couple of times.

Klos was needed as back up to Watterus as McGregor was on loan at Dunfermline.

Novo was offered a new contract, but refused at the end of the season.

Boyd was offered a new contract at the end of the season and refused too.

Klos came on for McGregor when he was sent off in Europe.

Their lack of regular football makes it even worse that they were allowed to run down their contracts

Such mismanagement should never be allowed to happen again, even if it means losing our top scorer

Selling Kenny Miller, at this stage, for £600k is absolute fkn madness.

There's a difference between accepting the nonsense we're being faced with, and agreeing with it.

We had a bid rejected for Goodwillie this morning for 500k. Walters keen on Goodwillie and I can just see us getting him.

If we have no money why are we trying to sign a player?

Rangers also said no-one would be sold in January so I don't know who to believe either.

The Goodwillie offer is news to me and if true, im happy with that. Young, Scottish, hungry, skillful, years ahead of him, goalscorer. I like him despite his off the field craziness.

I have no idea why were trying to buy players, perhaps we had a heads up from Birmingham that the offer for Kenny was coming in. Im not surprised but pretty angry the club have accepted the first offer for Kenny though. We are extremely poor at incoming and outgoing transfers.

(tu)

The Goodwillie offer is news to me and if true, im happy with that. Young, Scottish, hungry, skillful, years ahead of him, goalscorer. I like him despite his off the field craziness.

I have no idea why were trying to buy players, perhaps we had a heads up from Birmingham that the offer for Kenny was coming in. Im not surprised but pretty angry the club have accepted the first offer for Kenny though. We are extremely poor at incoming and outgoing transfers.

(tu)

first offer we know of.

The trick is to not simply believe anything. Walter has lied to the press for his gain on more than one occasion. How many times in the last year has Walter said we were too skint to buy anyone, yet in August we spent £4million on 1 player! That £4million represents one of our highest fees ever paid (I'm sure I read somewhere it was our 10th highest fee ever). Take you a back a few years to deadline day when Walter and Rangers both said we were closed for business. 11:59pm, news breaks that we've signed Steven Naismith.

Walter is good at dealing with the press. Very good. Every single journalist in this country is eating out of the palm of Walter's hand. If he wants to put pressure on someone to release more funds, then he can do it. If he wants the press to pick up on what he says and report it for days, then he can do it. He's some man when it comes to media relations. Quite simply, don't take his word for it!

I know mate, i was just putting the questions on here. I said numerous times only last week what Walter has said about transfer policy. I know how he plays the game.

I dont and wont take his word for it Kev, and your correct about him, hes a wily old fox when it comes to the media.

:)

(tu)

I'm just clinging to the hope that Walter Smith wouldn't have sanctioned this unless he had something up his sleeve.

I don't even believe this is the case, but I'm going to keep telling myself that until proved otherwise.

It never fails to depress me how we let genuine quality players like Cousin, Burke, Ferguson, Adam, Mendes and Miller go for peanuts and allow ourselfs to be held to ransom for inferior replacements.

Good old Rangers.

this is very very much how i feel.

celtc got more for maloney with 6 months left on his contract and he is gash.

does anyone think/have already mentioned (only followed from p. 27) we have accepted an offer because we rejected 1 million last season for boyd, to keep him for the title, but when we look back he contributed fuck all last part of the season - due to wanting away. maybe the same would happen with kenny?

first offer we know of.

If there had been another offer, someone would have leaked it, everything gets leaked at our club. And i cant see any club starting there bidding under 700k for a striker so hot on form.

Would you be surprised if we accepted the first offer because i wouldnt?

700k is embarrassing.

I tried telling you all this a few weeks back if you remember. A hot blonde in my work who knows Mrs Miller told me he was off in Jan.

Like what usually happens unless your in the clique, i got abused for sharing the info. (The only time i have actually had anything to share!)

Cheers fellow bears.

WATP

On him leaving - my theory is this, Kenny Miller would not have scored 35+ goals in a season. He is not good enough for that, therefore imo his goals would have dried up anyway.

I like Miller, i think hes improved greatly, particularly his movement but we will live on. We have replaced far better players than him.

Trust in Walter to deliver the title.