Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

Selling Kenny Miller, at this stage, for £600k is absolute fkn madness.

There's a difference between accepting the nonsense we're being faced with, and agreeing with it.

Is there any other big club out there who let their players leave on Bosmans just so they can get an extra 6 months out of them? It's almost unheard of nowadays

If Kris Boyd hadn't screwed us out of £3.75 million, we might have been able to give Miller the contract he wanted

I'd rather keep Fleck too, but he's nearing that horrible make or break stage now. Some more fickle fans are running out of patience with him and Smith doesn't appear to be that keen on him.

Six months playing just off of John Daly (who although garbage is proabbly one of the better target men in this league) could show Smith that he can be a big player in this league and do wonders for his career at Rangers.

Andy Little just has utility squad player written all over him, whereas Fleck has that bit of ability he just needs to find a way to develop it.

Personally, I feel that too many fans had high expectations of him from a young age which although it is normal to be excited about a young player, is also unfair. If we had a larger squad I'd be more than happy to see him out on loan at another SPL club but if we get 2/3 injuries in midfield or up front then he would have to step in. I'd be happy with Andy Little going the other way as from what I've seen of him, I don't think he has a long term future at the club.

tbh if we sell miller and are looking to bring in another striker then adam rooney would be a cheaper option , we could probably get him for a few hundred thousand and leave a bit of money for another player possibly.

i want goodwillie but if utd are looking for something between 1-1.5 million, then we might not make an offer that high

If 2 bids of the same amount came in, wouldn't they accept both and allow Goodwillie and his agent to deal with which club he signs for?

They are well within there rights to reject us, if Goodwillie has his heart set on a move to us then it's a different ball game.

That's if of course they are desperate to sell.

:lol: Yea because I said he would definitely be signing,I said contact had been made old boy and it's the truth.

You wouldn't like that happening eh as it would give you nothing to moan about :sherlock:

what is it i am to be happy about.

seling our top scorer

our managers telling us the bank are strangling the life out of us

our recent defeat to celtc.

is it the vague idea millers goals will dry up so hes not wrth keeping or the notion davis wont be sold.

or the idea we contacted a player about loaning him before the bank said gtfo

ill be happy when the cretins who run our club are gone and we can keep our best players and still add young prospects.

and untill then you can stick me on ignore or put up with me moaning.

KBOO72, Stu, Papaguy51, Rfc52 you lot gave me a right good laugh. "Smartarse muthafucker!" lool

The way people are talking its as if Rangers dont understand we wouldnt get him for that :rolleyes:

You test the water and see what they want. if we go in at 1.5/2 then they would have asked for more than that, clubs never accept the 1st bid

What makes you think we have £1.5m-£2m to begin with? If we had "1.5/2" why the fuck are we selling Miller for? Wouldn't it be more productive to use that money in offering Miller a new deal. Finally there's no 'waters to test'? Dundee Utd have came out and said they're not accepting anything less than £1m, so why accept the so-called £750k offer? Unless you think their accountant can't do math because it seems clear to me that you can't.

Next time more paying attention in math class, less educating others on the art of negotiating.

Also we do need a defender, Zimmer Frame Weir's long gone, Webster's constantly injured, Captain Kirk & Big Lee McCulloch are woeful at CB. Boogie's constantly linked with a move away and we've got people on here saying we're okay at the back.

The manky bastarts have a better defensive record than us in the SPL this season, that says it all.

We're all talking about Goodwillie and what "we should be offering", it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if manky bastarts come in at the 11th hour and sign Goodwillie.

The days of us bullying the so called "wee teams" are on the decline, clubs down south are a better option all round for them.

If Dundee Utd get two bids of exactly the same amount for Goodwillie, we'll get rejected.

Only because of who does our negotiations.

I disagree down south is better all round, maybe financially but they wont find a club like ours down there.

Then i would fully expect Rangers to lodge a complaint against them. And it would be upto the player to demand the move to Rangers.

KBOO72, Stu, Papaguy51, Rfc52 you lot gave me a right good laugh. "Smartarse muthafucker!" lool

What makes you think we have £1.5m-£2m to begin with? If we had "1.5/2" why the fuck are we selling Miller for? Wouldn't it be more productive to use that money in offering Miller a new deal. Finally there's no 'waters to test'? Dundee Utd have came out and said they're not accepting anything less than £1m, so why accept the so-called £750k offer? Unless you think their accountant can't do math because it seems clear to me that you can't.

Next time more paying attention in math class, less educating others on the art of negotiating.

Also we do need a defender, Zimmer Frame Weir's long gone, Webster's constantly injured, Captain Kirk & Big Lee McCulloch are woeful at CB. Boogie's constantly linked with a move away and we've got people on here saying we're okay at the back.

The manky bastarts have a better defensive record than us in the SPL this season, that says it all.

We're all talking about Goodwillie and what "we should be offering", it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if manky bastarts come in at the 11th hour and sign Goodwillie.

I Do try :crabflute:

Is there any other big club out there who let their players leave on Bosmans just so they can get an extra 6 months out of them? It's almost unheard of nowadays

If Kris Boyd hadn't screwed us out of £3.75 million, we might have been able to give Miller the contract he wanted

usually teams competing for a title dont need to worry about players leaving for nowt, usually title chasing teams have a decent size squads also

Of course it's up to the player if he's wants to go down south or join us, that puts a different twist on things... But to Dundee Utd or any other SPL club they do not want to strengthen US or Celtic if it can be helped. Accepting a club down south for the same amount, ticks both boxes for them and they are well within there rights to negotiate with whoever they want.

A complaint would get laughed out the building, and it has nothing to do with Martin Bain negotiations skills either.

What doesnt have anything to do with Bain? He negotiates our transfers and contracts.

Im sure the player wouldnt be lauging if he wanted to play for us.

What doesnt have anything to do with Bain? He negotiates our transfers and contracts.

Im sure the player wouldnt be lauging if he wanted to play for us.

If a club rejects us, they reject us. Martin Bain hasn't even got to the stage of discussing terms and conditions with the player. If David Goodwillie wants to play for us and us only, he holds the cards to change Dundee Utd mind. If not, they can deal with whoever they want.

do you mean if utd rejected a bid from us but accepted the same bid from someone like wolves ?

if so we couldnt complain , its up to utd who they sell to and would probably just say if questioned about it that they didnt want to sell to a rival club

Fair play mate, DB said the same, i got it wrong. As long as it was remembered by our club the next time they tried to loan one of our players.

;)

If a club rejects us, they reject us. Martin Bain hasn't even got to the stage of discussing terms and conditions with the player. If David Goodwillie wants to play for us and us only, he holds the cards to change Dundee Utd mind. If not, they can deal with whoever they want.

Spot on DB. Like i said above, i would hope our club remembered for future when utd tried to loan someone.

(tu)

:21: the sum wasnt enough anyway and at least this way we have a better chance of our achievments, even though he stays if true it is still time for everyone to step up and get there fingers out, as they seem to be sleep walking half the timedoh

many wont be chuffed either but you have to think what is better for us

only concern is who goes then ?

is it just me or was anyone else actually looking forward to getting goodwillie in on a 4/5 year deal wae his potential and all that ? Not saying it couldnt still happen but its looking less likely now