The Louden on Duke Street

GOAT

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive me for not taking advice on where I should drink from some anonymous guys on the Internet who obviously have a vested interest in promoting a rival pub nearby

There's only one winner when another Rangers pub shuts and that's the t*rriers

It`s still the best place b4 a game though, say and sing wit ye want ! Unlike other places, plus the polis never go down 2 it either.

my wee hairy arse!

i was in Louden last season on PRW and guess what the billy boys a Rangers song is a no no and even Simply the best wasnt played either incase we sang add on's

avoid the place Bears it's down right dirty and evil!

most of the pubs in my area would allow any of our songs to be sung but as i said i dont frequent the louden so dont know if they do or dont

The one in Kinning Park certainly doesn't.

The chargehand (owners wife?), goes fkn nuts.

most of the pubs in my area would allow any of our songs to be sung but as i said i dont frequent the louden so dont know if they do or dont

the trouble with the louden is it will be under extra scrutiny.

anyway its yards from me and i dont go i prefer the ally or the duke.

The Louden is my local when i come up to Glasgow, like most pubs (Rangers orientated or not) they tend to relax the rules when the house is full as not to offend or upset the clientele. However when the pub is quiet on non football match days/nights the rules are adhered too, so best behavior is required. When the Louden (Duke st) is busy on math days i join in on the BB AND THE FULL REPATIORE OF SONGS WITH NO HASSLE FROM THE BIG GUY (unless of you are on an previous ban or taking liberties with bar staff)

Forgive me for not taking advice on where I should drink from some anonymous guys on the Internet who obviously have a vested interest in promoting a rival pub nearby

There's only one winner when another Rangers pub shuts and that's the t*rriers

My original post didn't mention any other pubs, it was other posters that brought them up.

the trouble with the louden is it will be under extra scrutiny.

anyway its yards from me and i dont go i prefer the ally or the duke.

Looks like you're just yards from me then Gunslinger.

I don't drink the Duke, but I thought Marshall owned it aswell?

The Louden is my local when i come up to Glasgow, like most pubs (Rangers orientated or not) they tend to relax the rules when the house is full as not to offend or upset the clientele. However when the pub is quiet on non football match days/nights the rules are adhered too, so best behavior is required. When the Louden (Duke st) is busy on math days i join in on the BB AND THE FULL REPATIORE OF SONGS WITH NO HASSLE FROM THE BIG GUY (unless of you are on an previous ban or taking liberties with bar staff)

I've been in the Louden on both recent old firm games, packed to the rafters, and the staff we're going mental at TBB.

Well judging by all your subsequent posts I would guess you have a vested interest in the Bristol Bar

Only a hunch mind you

I also drink in the Ally bar. I couldn't care less where people drink unless it's giving that rip of merchant your hard earned. Oh and btw, the Louden had been thriving recently since it was under new ownership, and I had no problems whatsover with it, infact I even drank in it a few times. It was a good pub, shame it never done Strongbow right enough.

The bristol bar was ian ferguson's regular when he lived in scotland :praise:

he wasnt really a drinker though... they must have shifted some amount of fresh orange

hes fair piled on the pounds since he moved to australia, seen him being interviewed two weeks ago

he wasnt really a drinker though... they must have shifted some amount of fresh orange

hes fair piled on the pounds since he moved to australia, seen him being interviewed two weeks ago

He's maybe thrown one too many shrimps on the barbie.