39 SPL goals so far this season

GOAT

Mate, if your wife said she was leaving you in the summer to move in with another guy, and you were given the chance of selling her for 700k with the option of buying a replacement , 10 years younger, you wouldnt say no ....

I think your on my side here but no offence thats a bit of a stupid post :lol:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're deluded if you think anyone will give us 1 million +

Did I say we would get it?

Us accepting £650k and people thinking that is a good deal are off their head. Even more so by the fact our "hopeful" replacement will cost £1m +.

So in short, you think it's acceptable to let Miller leave for 600 grand?

No but that's irrelevant as we wouldn't get the money anyway and it's not like it's £3m off

I wouldn't have expected anything over £1m given the facts I've already said twice

Us accepting £650k and people thinking that is a good deal are off their head. Even more so by the fact our "hopeful" replacement will cost £1m +.

Who said it was a good deal?

We've also got a striker thats scores 21 of our 39 goals but you want to sell him for peanuts and gamble on a player thats not kicked a ball in months. How the fuck do you know how many miller will score between now and may mystic meg?

(tu)

No but that's irrelevant as we wouldn't get the money anyway and it's not like it's £3m off

I wouldn't have expected anything over £1m given the facts I've already said twice

Then why sell at all?

your totally defeating your own argument there.

It isn't a good deal. It's just we won't be offered anymore so we are taking the money now or getting f aw for him in 6months time.

Who said it was a good deal?

Look I'm just in and a I'm a bit drunk but reading a few posts some people seem happy to lose Miller. I'm just assuming they are happy to lose him at the money being offered because now that fee has been set who are going to offer more than that?

Anybody who are looking for a good striker who can score in big games are now going to say "Oh look Rangers are punting their top goalscorer for a few quid".

Stop complaining about the price tho.

1million for a guy who has 6 months left on his contract is decent.

If anyone thinks we will get more than that are off their heads.

And before you jump down my throat im against Miller being sold without a proper replacement being signed.

It isn't a good deal. It's just we won't be offered anymore so we are taking the money now or getting f aw for him in 6months time.

Take fuck all for him then.

Going by your logic, just take £10 for him because in the summer we won't get anything for him?

And before you jump down my throat im against Miller being sold without a proper replacement being signed.

(tu)

But with the money we are getting we can't replace him so we have no goalscorer, our at least we have no proven SPL goalscorer. And the player we are hoping to replace him with is going to cost more than what we get for Miller.

If Miller stays and helps us win the league then we are going to be better off. If he leaves and then the money doesn't get invested we are left with our best striker away and chances of winning the league slim with nothing to show for that whopping £650k.

We're not getting a million tho, just over half that.

Take fuck all for him then.

Going by your logic, just take £10 for him because in the summer we won't get anything for him?

Aye (tu)

Obviously not but if the cash can buy a replacement ie. Goodwillie IMO that's all rangers are looking for.

But with the money we are getting we can't replace him so we have no goalscorer, our at least we have no proven SPL goalscorer. And the player we are hoping to replace him with is going to cost more than what we get for Miller.

If Miller stays and helps us win the league then we are going to be better off. If he leaves and then the money doesn't get invested we are left with our best striker away and chances of winning the league slim with nothing to show for that whopping £650k.

Agreed (tu)

personnaly i dont like miller as a player , especially as a lone striker , his lack of control/first touch and the fact he runs around like a headless chicken making it look like he is doing alot , his goals this season have been great but thats all he has , didnt boyd get slated for just scoring goals .

goodwillie is a better all round footballer so if the option was to sell miller and get him its what i would do.

miller is also bound to get an injury soon , he has been lucky this season with them

Its a million, 650k upfront and going to 1million with installments.

I didn't know there was installments and it would rise to a million, that's slightly better.

Personally I'd have said 1.5 million, if no-one wants to pay it then fine - he can go for free in the summer.

There's no guarantee that Miller will score any more goals though, just as there's no guarantee that Jelavic/Lafferty wouldn't if they were given Miller's position should he leave.

Perhaps this is the end of Miller's hot streak, you could argue that as much as you could argue against any of the two players mentioned above walking into a hot streak. If it is, I'd rather move a player of his age on and bring in a young talent like Goodwillie.

I didn't know there was installments and it would rise to a million, that's slightly better.

Personally I'd have said 1.5 million, if no-one wants to pay it then fine - he can go for free in the summer.

I don't think we're in the position to turn down £1m for a player (who is approaching 32) who relies on pace and has six months left on a deal.

A slow Kenny Miller is a useless Kenny Miller.

I don't think we're in the position to turn down £1m for a player (who is approaching 32) who relies on pace and has six months left on a deal.

A slow Kenny Miller is a useless Kenny Miller.

Do we rely on his pace though? I thought he lost that a while ago. It's his finishing that's improved as his pace has decreased.