Rangers & Bursaspor agree fee for Kenny Miller

Alex McLeish also confirms Kenny Miller is wanted in Italy, with Fiorentina bidding to sign the Rangers striker. "We have an agreement with Rangers and are talking to Kenny. He's torn about coming back to the Premier League or going to Italy so we'll probably ask Kenny for a quick decision."

So who gets the number 9 ?

Retire the number in his honour.

Birmingham City boss Alex McLeish wants a quick answer from Rangers' Kenny Miller over their signing offer.

The Midlands club had an offer of about £700,000 accepted by Rangers, but Fiorentina also want Miller.

"We've talked to Kenny and his people, but he's got an attractive offer from Italy, so he's got big decisions to make," McLeish told the BBC.

"It's likely that we will look for a quick answer the next time we talk to his representatives."

Miller has yet to agree personal terms with the English Premier League club.

Serie A club Fiorentina also hope to buy the Scotland forward in the current transfer window - rather than wait until he is a free agent in the summer.

The Italian club want him to replace Adrian Mutu, who has already left.

Miller has been contacted by Fiorentina, though no offer has been submitted to the Glasgow club.

McLeish has made no secret of his desire to bring in a proven goalscorer during the January transfer window.

Miller has already played under Birmingham boss Alex McLeish for both Hibernian and the Scotland international side.

"I introduced Kenny into the team at Hibs and his great performances as a young kid got him his move to Rangers in 2000," said McLeish

"And then when I took over at Rangers the first thing I had to do was sell him to Wolves.

"The deal had already been agreed and there was little I could do to stop it.

"So, I've actually sold him twice, but I still admire him as a player.

"This season I think he's matured into a great finisher.

"He's quick, he knows the game, and makes good runs."

The Blues have also made a bid for out-of-favour Tottenham striker Robbie Keane in the last few days.

The 31-year-old Scotland star Miller has netted 22 goals so far this term for the Ibrox side, but has stalled on a contract extension beyond June and is free to speak with other clubs.

MY SPORT: DEBATE

Give your reaction to this story

Rangers failed with a bid for Dundee United's David Goodwillie but, even if Miller moves, they are unlikely to be able to meet United's £1.5m valuation.

The fee from the Midlands club would also increase should they avoid relegation from the English Premier League this season.

Rangers manager Walter Smith had stated that his wish in the first instance was that Miller signed a new deal with the Glasgow side.

Failing that, he hoped to keep Scottish football's leading goal-scorer until at least the end of the current league campaign.

However, on Thursday Smith bemoaned the fact that the current financial situation at his club means that he will not be able to make any moves to strengthen his small squad without first selling a player.

On Friday it emerged that Rangers had an offer rejected by Dundee United for the Tannadice striker Goodwillie.

It is believed that the verbal offer that they submitted for the Scotland cap was approximately half of his club's estimation.

Miller arrived for his second spell at Rangers in June 2008, having first signed on at Ibrox in 2000 from Hibernian.

In the intervening seasons he had a one-year spell at Old Firm rivals Celtic, as well as stints in England with Wolves and Derby County.

So far, Miller has amassed 51 international caps, scoring 12 goals.

Doubt he'll go till the summer. He'll want the best possible offer.

Boyd, Cuellar et al done less and get treated like Judas among the fans :rolleyes: oh the irony.

What do you mean ? Both Boyd and Cuellar's situations were completely different.

Doubt he'll go till the summer. He'll want the best possible offer.

Boyd, Cuellar et al done less and get treated like Judas among the fans :rolleyes: oh the irony.

Don't really understand how some people don't get it. Boyd and Cuellar lied to us. Miller hasn't. He has made it very plain that he would leave if he wasn't offered the right contract. Ruthless, yes, but he hasn't messed us around and his form hasn't dipped while he's been making his mind up. Boyd kept telling us he was mulling things over and would stay at the club if it was right, then left and told the press he made his mind up in January. Right about the time he stopped bothering to score. Cuellar explicitly stated he wanted to spend the rest of his career with us and left barely days later.

You can hate Miller all you want but it's not the same.

Don't really understand how some people don't get it. Boyd and Cuellar lied to us. Miller hasn't. He has made it very plain that he would leave if he wasn't offered the right contract. Ruthless, yes, but he hasn't messed us around and his form hasn't dipped while he's been making his mind up. Boyd kept telling us he was mulling things over and would stay at the club if it was right, then left and told the press he made his mind up in January. Right about the time he stopped bothering to score. Cuellar explicitly stated he wanted to spend the rest of his career with us and left barely days later.

You can hate Miller all you want but it's not the same.

He wanted to. Doesn't mean he got the chance to. Personally I don't like Boyd after what he done but I don't see how this is any different, rhat is saying the same things as Boyd did...

He wanted to. Doesn't mean he got the chance to. Personally I don't like Boyd after what he done but I don't see how this is any different, rhat is saying the same things as Boyd did...

Miller hasn't once mislead the supporters or the club, and he hasn't stopped putting in the effort. He owes us nothing. He has been as effective as we could expect any mercenary to be. Boyd was supposed to be one of us and didn't show half the dedication and heart of Miller.

As for Cuellar, he was contracted to the club. We couldn't make him leave. It was his choice.