Rangers & Bursaspor agree fee for Kenny Miller

If he goes to bursaspor it will show him in a not so good light , imo it will show him to be a mercenary who chases the money and someone who has lost all desire and ambition to be a winner

See tbh wits wrong wae turkey ? Bigger teams bigger crowd more atmosphere better competition good weather and 50,000 ontop of that.

The turkish league is better than the spl but rangers are better than bursaspor , if he was going to fernabache (sp) or besikatas. I could understand wanting to go to turkey but not bursaspor

Are they challanging for top of the turkish league again this year?

aye mate they are second 5 points behind trabzonspor. Ovcourse rangers are a bigger team but i think all the other factors make turkey a much better proposition than the SPL im afriad

Whats wrong with taking the job with more money in a hot country with better football than he is involved in just now? Especially with a team that are chasing 2 in a row which would give him CL football, something winning the league in Scotland can't even guarantee.

Everyone seems to think ur not allowed to leave Rangers unless ur forced out the door. If someone offered me £50,000 a week at any club I'd go.

Thomas Jordan

Share blank.gif 17 Jan 2011

Alex McLeish has refused to give up on landing Kenny Miller – as Bursaspor get ready to test Rangers’ resolve with a £500,000 offer for the striker.

McLeish has been chasing Miller, right, for the past 10 days since agreeing a £650,000 deal – with a further £500,000 added on should the Blues avoid relegation – but has so far been unable to land him despite several rounds of talks and increased wage offers.

McLeish also wants Spurs’ Robbie Keane, but his wage demands could scupper that move even though a £6million transfer package has been agreed between the clubs. Miller’s agent, Dave Baldwin, is in Istanbul today for another round of talks with Bursaspor, who are trying to tempt Miller with a £50,000-a-week wage offer.

However, another crack at the English Premier League and the oppor-tunity to work under a manager he knows well might still prove the most attractive option available to Miller.

McLeish said: “We are still waiting. Keane is at an early stage and, with Miller, we are now waiting forn an answer.”

If they are to lose their top scorer in this window – and both Rangers and Miller are keen for a resolution this week after he endured an uncomfort-able afternoon in the 4-0 win over Hamilton – the Ibrox club are keen to get as high a price as possible.

But they know they are not in a position of strength. If Miller opts for Birmingham, they could net £1.15m but, if he decides to go for the riches of Turkey, they may have to settle for a much smaller fee to let him go now.

The money on offer there might prove too tempting for Miller even though Kris Boyd, who was offered the same deal last summer, eventually signed for Middlesbrough.

Miller will earn £6m over two and a half years if he moves to Turkey, but Bursaspor are not willing to pay out a hefty transfer fee on top of that.

If Miller does decide Turkey is the best option for him it would put Rangers in a difficult position.

Chief executive Martin Bain wants as much money for the player as possible and that is why they would prefer if he moved to the Midlands.

But it seems highly likely they would reluctantly accept a cut-price deal from the Turks rather than risk losing Miller for nothing at the end of the season.

I said te other day KM still has the choice of Birmingham wether Keane signs or not. Its his choice now.

SSN saying that McLeish is only waiting on hearing back from Miller, and that his agent was in Turkey last night.

Wonder if he'll play again tomorrow?

I would give him the night off and tell him to use it to make his fucking mind up so we can get a replacement in instead of him giving it all the

'I still want to play' pish.

He wants to go and we want him to go so lets get it done.

I would give him the night off and tell him to use it to make his fucking mind up so we can get a replacement in instead of him giving it all the

What are you doing for the Scottish cup OF mate?

No idea mate it will depend on the date,if it's the Saturday I'll have the wee man,if it's the Sunday I'll be dropping him off first thing,

You going ?

Its the sunday mate, i wont know if im going untill monday. Thinking of heading to the wee Rangers club tho if i dont as they are having either a FB or a singer etc in for a bit of a sash bash. 4quid a ticket i think if youd be up for that! Probably be a couple of us going :crabflute:

Hopefully, we can dream. Shouldn't of started on Saturday, shouldn't start tomorrrow night.