Are we ever going to see Kerkar play!?

boor

I was fascinated by the move for Kerkar as I have never seen the guy play at all. Was just wondering if I had maybe missed him playing and there is a reason why he never leaves the bench. is he any good? (sorry if this is a repeat of a previous topic)

To say we signed him as hes a friend of Bougherra is stupid, if thats the case Buddle would be signed up by now. The fact is walter thinks the boy has talent after almost being on trial for three month and then all that nonsense with his old club. What do you want us to do ? play him vs motherwell which is a hard away game on a very tricky surface or fling him in vs the taigs ? the boy hasnt even got a taste of scottish football yet and we are putting alsorts of pressure on him already

well, jelavic played immediately, edu played immediately, weiss played immediately....hardly seems an excuse that hes "getting used to it" or "hes only just got here" cuz hes not. hes been on the bench for a fair few games. was just wondering if anyone had a gd reason why the guy's not playing.

I Didnt say he just got here, hes been here for around 5 month. But hes not been able to play for about 3 months of that and we had like 2 games in december so its hard to try and find the perfect game for him. Maybe walter wants him to have a home game so its easier on him.

To say we signed him as hes a friend of Bougherra is stupid, if thats the case Buddle would be signed up by now. The fact is walter thinks the boy has talent after almost being on trial for three month and then all that nonsense with his old club. What do you want us to do ? play him vs motherwell which is a hard away game on a very tricky surface or fling him in vs the taigs ? the boy hasnt even got a taste of scottish football yet and we are putting alsorts of pressure on him already

Like i said i don't expect to see Kerkar play any significant role in our team this season.

He came to us mid August on trial and a month later in mid September the management team finally decided to offer him a contract.

It then took until early November to finally get clearance for him so Smith has had ample opportunites to give him 15 or 20 minutes in the 1st team and hasn't.

To say we signed him as hes a friend of Bougherra is stupid, if thats the case Buddle would be signed up by now. The fact is walter thinks the boy has talent after almost being on trial for three month and then all that nonsense with his old club. What do you want us to do ? play him vs motherwell which is a hard away game on a very tricky surface OR FLING HIM IN VS THE TAIGS ? the boy hasnt even got a taste of scottish football yet and we are putting alsorts of pressure on him already

Aye, Smith would never stick a rookie into the starting line up against them.

Like i said i don't expect to see Kerkar play any significant role in our team this season.

He came to us mid August on trial and a month later in mid September the management team finally decided to offer him a contract.

It then took until early November to finally get clearance for him so Smith has had ample opportunites to give him 15 or 20 minutes in the 1st team and hasn't.

So cause bougherra knows him we will pay him money ? seems a bit odd. If thats the way our club is being ran then i would rather the people from pompey ran our club.

I just think that he should have maybe had a run out at some point. theres been times when we are winning comfortably and he could easily come on for a wee 15mins or so. i know thats not walters style tho n he knows best. would just like to see what the guy is made of. hopefully see him in action soon.

well, jelavic played immediately, edu played immediately, weiss played immediately....hardly seems an excuse that hes "getting used to it" or "hes only just got here" cuz hes not. hes been on the bench for a fair few games. was just wondering if anyone had a gd reason why the guy's not playing.

Edu didn't play immediately when he signed. Also there is a slight difference between him and Jelavic (£4mill) and him and Weiss (Big Loan Fee)

We were 3 up with half an hour to play at Fir Park, good time to throw him in?

Who is putting pressure on him anyway? Folk are just asking if he's likely to feature.

So cause bougherra knows him we will pay him money ? seems a bit odd. If thats the way our club is being ran then i would rather the people from pompey ran our club.

That is my take on the matter yes.

I am not saying he will never feature in the 1st team but to have a "friend" in the squad for one of the foreign players is not unusual in football especially if it keeps the so called "star" player happy and less homesick.

Edu didn't play immediately when he signed. Also there is a slight difference between him and Jelavic (£4mill) and him and Weiss (Big Loan Fee)

Well Beattie did and he wasnt exactly amazing. what does it matter how much they cost!? as long as we are payin his wages then he should be ther playing. where does he even play? if its in defence then id much rater the young lad Cole and if its in mid then id rather Ness but if hes a winger, fair play but why hasnt he been playing!? Weiss has been playin gash many times and Walter brings on Lafferty who isnt a natural winger.

With the way Coisty had been talking about him in a previous interview then I would have expected him to have some game time by now. Not long after signing a contract he did pick up an injury either in a bounce game or training which meant he wasn't in the squad for Inverness, he had been hoping to be involved against Dundee Utd but that game got cancelled. He was on the bench for the Motherwell and Celtic games and in all honesty I was surprised that he didn't get some game time against Motherwell, on the other hand Walter brought on some of our younger players who came through the Academy.

Doesn't surprise me he didn't feature against Celtic, but in all honesty he couldn't have done any worse.

We haven't exactly had that many games recently due to the weather but if he is here on a short term contract to try and win a longer contract then he needs some game time.