Why walter so desperate to sign striker

Puff candy

James Beattie; Slow as a week in jail, couldn't hit a barn door with a machine gun, never fit.

Nikica Jelavic; Just returning from ankle surgery, will take a few weeks to get match fit.

Kyle Lafferty; Far too unpredictable, not an out and out goalscorer, never know what you are going to get.

Steven Naismith; Is an attacking midfielder and should not be moved from midfield.

If Miller leaves we will need to bring in antother striker.

Lafferty is a better player and far more likely to score coming in from wide positions: he is not and never will be a central goalscoring striker.

Naismith played wide of a main striker at Killie and has looked far happier and more productive in midfield.

Beattie does not have the pace,mobility or timing to be a decent scorer.

Jelavic looks to be a natural striker and Iassume with Miller likely to be out of the picture we could do with a back up and someone to play alongside him.

As for Goodwillie I have not seen enough of him to judge but anytime I have seen him he has tended to play in wide positions.

Lafferty is a better player and far more likely to score coming in from wide positions: he is not and never will be a central goalscoring striker.

Naismith played wide of a main striker at Killie and has looked far happier and more productive in midfield.

Jelavic looks to be a natural striker and Iassume with Miller likely to be out of the picture we could do with a back up and someone to play alongside him.

As for Goodwillie I have ndot seen enough of him to judge but anytime I have seen him he has tended to play in wide positions.

I would have to disagree with the Lafferty bit. . . The big man is a striker not a winger his best performances have been when he is through the middle putting hiself about. He could do a job for us on the wing but why waste him out there play him in his natural posistion

As for Goodwillie I have ndot seen enough of him to judge but anytime I have seen him he has tended to play in wide positions.

I would have to disagree with the Lafferty bit. . . The big man is a striker not a winger his best performances have been when he is through the middle putting hiself about. He could do a job for us on the wing but why waste him out there play him in his natural posistion

I think we would make a big mistake selling Kyle Lafferty. FOUR strikers under 25?? Has the makings of the best strike forces in Britain, one of the best in Europe. Sell Beattie deffo, keep lafferty, jelavic, naismith and get goodwillie in for miller. Big Kyle has proven me wrong. I back him to be one of Rangers greatest strikers.

NSFP

Like all of his managers since he played against grown ups I do not think he is a natural striker who will give a decent return playing through the middle; he does not have the anticipation,quick mind,quick reactions and has not shown the instinct and knowledge to make strikers runs.Ideally playing wide in a front three would be my choice for him to play if needed.

Beattie is past it, Naisy plays more the midfield role, jela is just comin back from injury and Lafferty is very inconsistent...... So yes a think we could be doin with a goal scorer

so what about centre half ? Or right back ? Walter signed two strikers in the summer ! And lafferty for 3.5 million , we don't need a striker .

One centre half is ready to retire , one wants to leave , and one is injury prone I think there is a bigger need to bring in a defender !

I think we would make a big mistake selling Kyle Lafferty. FOUR strikers under 25?? Has the makings of the best strike forces in Britain, one of the best in Europe. Sell Beattie deffo, keep lafferty, jelavic, naismith and get goodwillie in for miller. Big Kyle has proven me wrong. I back him to be one of Rangers greatest strikers.

NSFP

Think you've went a bit over the top there :pipe:

Since your old i will let you away with it :crabflute::craphead:

Well you DID ask a question...and I DID answer it for you :sherlock:

But seeing as how you are just a mere pup, I'll draw you a diagram :P

It appears that by Uefa rules, Jelavic could only have played in the CL if we had made the last 16.

Our failure to do so means that because he played in Europe for his previous club, he is not deemed legible for the Europa. doh

It's the silliest fuckin rule I've heard from that lot at Uefa for a long time, but that's their ruling on it.....Of course, they could have probably changed it by now knowing Platini and his mob of fuckwits.

Well you DID ask a question...and I DID answer it for you :sherlock:

But seeing as how you are just a mere pup, I'll draw you a diagram :P

It appears that by Uefa rules, Jelavic could only have played in the CL if we had made the last 16.

Our failure to do so means that because he played in Europe for his previous club, he is not deemed legible for the Europa. doh

It's the silliest fuckin rule I've heard from that lot at Uefa for a long time, but that's their ruling on it.....Of course, they could have probably changed it by now knowing Platini and his mob of fuckwits.

I know that oz ya maddy, Any thread that mentions Jela will always have someone asking if he can play, so i merely did it first :sherlock:

But you have explained it for anyone who feels the need to ask

I know that oz ya maddy, Any thread that mentions Jela will always have someone asking if he can play, so i merely did it first :sherlock:

But you have explained it for anyone who feels the need to ask

That's ok mate....I'm not my normal sharp self this evening doh

You got me a goody there! :P

So because he signed 2 strikers and bought Lafferty that means we don't need 1? Do you believe Lafferty with score goals regularly? Do you believe beattie will even score? Just because we have strikers doesn't mean we don't need A decent 1. That aside I agree we need to start thinking about our central defenders.