Clubs interested in Allan McGregor?

GOAT

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/23/allan-mcgregor-hearts-rangers

He's 29 now, and goalkeepers obviously reach their peak around this age, and he's the last player I want to lose. You know you're in safe hands with him between the sticks. £5m is also a joke, double that at least. If we sell McGregor for £5m this January or even the summer, it might actually be time for the supporters to have a look at the situation we're in because the bank, or someone at the club is trying to drain it of all it's assests.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We wouldnt see a penny...... A joke. Last week I would have bitten your hand off for 5m for Greegz, now after watchin the bank swallow the pish 400,000 for miller. Fuck them sell no more.

Greegz easily worth 15M if that repile Gordon is worth 12?

Would you be pissed if a big offer came in for Boogie??

Reality check here for folks, Shagger has a bad rep due to people continuing to bring up his past, and focus on his adventures, he plays in the SPL, and yes he is the best goalie in Scotland, one of the best on the British Isles and probably one of the best goalkeepers in Europe if not the world, with international and CL experience, but he is a goalie, and we are never going to get £10 million plus for him. I feel we should get around £7 million for him and that would be a good price, (not sure how long his contract is now), I also have a feeling that he wants a new challenge as he seems to be a bit hesitant on signing/requesting to have negotiations opened on a new contract.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/23/allan-mcgregor-hearts-rangers

He's 29 now, and goalkeepers obviously reach their peak around this age, and he's the last player I want to lose. You know you're in safe hands with him between the sticks. £5m is also a joke, double that at least. If we sell McGregor for £5m this January or even the summer, it might actually be time for the supporters to have a look at the situation we're in because the bank, or someone at the club is trying to drain it of all it's assests.

me and you can start by burning out that lloyds on duke street mate (tu)

Reality check here for folks, Shagger has a bad rep due to people continuing to bring up his past, and focus on his adventures, he plays in the SPL, and yes he is the best goalie in Scotland, one of the best on the British Isles and probably one of the best goalkeepers in Europe if not the world, with international and CL experience, but he is a goalie, and we are never going to get £10 million plus for him. I feel we should get around £7 million for him and that would be a good price, (not sure how long his contract is now), I also have a feeling that he wants a new challenge as he seems to be a bit hesitant on signing/requesting to have negotiations opened on a new contract.

ffs

are you applying for bains job.

i actually bet this is how he starts negotiations. now you know we are skint and hes been a bad boy so we dont want much.

We are simply not going to get the £9m, £10m, £11m...+ for Allan McGregor, IMO.

Comparing McGregor to Gordon is ridiculous. Sunderland had money to spend, and that's what they were willing to pay. I don't see a club coming in with £9m for McGregor.

Good keepers don't tend to go for that much compared to outfielders; Reina £7m, Given £6m, Lloris £7m, Cech £9m...

With the situation we are in off the field and McGregor's contract running down by the transfer windows, the less we are going to get.

We can't allow another Boyd or Miller situation. With the league we play in, McGregor is more than replaceable and Alexander has shown that he can play at that level.

TBH, I don't see anyone coming in for Allan McGregor this window, possibly in the summer!?

me and you can start by burning out that lloyds on duke street mate (tu)

Maybe I can get that money they stole* off me a few years back, robbing bastards.

*When I say stole, I really mean money I borrowed and the cunts had the audicity to ask for more back!

This seems like asset stripping to me. It's staring to get ridiculous. I know Alexander is a good keeper but McGregor is a great keeper. We really need to hold on to him or we are as good as chucking it.

Sorry mate but you are an idiot. Arsenal send a scout to watch him and you say its assest stripping wacko.gif

Arsenal would be crazy to start at £5m.

If they were to 'take it or leave it' at around £2m-£3m Lloyds would force us to accept it. They'd see it as pure income, and they wouldn't risk it walking.

£400k for Miller is proof if proof were needed.

Arsenal would be crazy to start at £5m.

If they were to 'take it or leave it' at around £2m-£3m Lloyds would force us to accept it. They'd see it as pure income, and they wouldn't risk it walking.

£400k for Miller is proof if proof were needed.

Only one club was willing to try and give us more money than that for Miller whose contract was running out and that was Big Eck, who I think was trying to help us out by offering more money.

As for Gunslinger, if you seriously think we can get more than £7 million for McGregor then you are seriously deluded.