My CD/DVD-ROM drive wont read discs anymore.

Antwilhar

I'm having serious problems with my CD/DVD-ROM drive on my laptop. I think it could be a OS problem, it wont read any form of disc from CD to Blue-Ray or even games. I'm a bit a of a dunce when it comes to hardware problems. When i insert a disc, the orange light comes on, then disappears. The disc doesnt spin. When i go to my computer and open the drive that way, the drive opens and i receive a msg saying "Please insert a disc in to drive E:, i insert a disc and again nothing happens. It's really frustrating. Can anyone help?

You could try updating your drivers, but I'd say it's probably goosed. Time for a new drive, I think.

I dont think the driver is goosed mate, it will let me burn a dvd strangely. I think its a compatability problem with windows7. I recently upgraded from Vista and i thinks whats caused it, i just dont know how to solve it. I've just spent £70 on new games to play and its doin my nut in!

These are all things i've tried, i have the most up to date driver software available. I've disabled, rebooted and enabled. I've uninstalled, rebooted and automatically reinstalled through plug and play, just same problem. Looks like its no FM for me today :(

Just got off the pgone to my friend who's an I.T. analyst for the NHS and his words were "It's fucked" lol, to make things worse, i phoned my manufacturer who informed me my two year warranty ran out on 31st of January, feckin gutted.com!

I'm having serious problems with my CD/DVD-ROM drive on my laptop. I think it could be a OS problem, it wont read any form of disc from CD to Blue-Ray or even games. I'm a bit a of a dunce when it comes to hardware problems. When i insert a disc, the orange light comes on, then disappears. The disc doesnt spin. When i go to my computer and open the drive that way, the drive opens and i receive a msg saying "Please insert a disc in to drive E:, i insert a disc and again nothing happens. It's really frustrating. Can anyone help?

if you go to Start > Control Panel > System > Device Manager and go down to CD Drives and right click on it and go to Properties, in the general tab tell me what it says, wether its "this device is working properly" or "code 10" or "code 19". It doesn't sound like that it is a code 10 or 19 but you never know.