Attendance Thursday

BelgradeBear

Just looked at the ticket availability on the official site. I reckon we'll struggle to make it past the 30K mark but I do think the atmosphere will be better than normal. A low turnout is not surprising given the amount of games and not helped by us playing at home first once again. Which makes me ask: when did we last play a 2nd leg of a Euro game at Ibrox? Over the years it's been a very rare occurance.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked at the ticket availability on the official site. I reckon we'll struggle to make it past the 30K mark but I do think the atmosphere will be better than normal. A low turnout is not surprising given the amount of games and not helped by us playing at home first once again. Which makes me ask: when did we last play a 2nd leg of a Euro game at Ibrox? Over the years it's been a very rare occurance.

Tel Aviv in Feb07 was the last time we played away first.

We won 4-0 at home and then played Osasunai in the next round.

Unfortunately it's now a feature of Europa League / UEFA Cup ties, that games are played in empty stadia, with a ghost like atmosphere.

UEFA have screwed this tournament up. We're now at the last 32, after having played 6 (8?) games. Other clubs have had to play qualifying games as well. The competition has too many teams, and is too long.

Bring back the Cup Winners Cup. Make it three tournaments. Shorter and more attractive for fans. Fans? Do they count?

Fuckin hell just checked the website and theres is loads of seats spare :anguish:

I'll definately be going should be a good game. Hopefully we can play more attacking football like we did against Valencia.

The tickets are only £25 aswell so maybe many people who don't often goto the games should go along.

Is the game on tv ?? maybe another reason why people aren't going.

This will be very sad and almost embarrassing. We keep hearing we are a big club, are we? Lets get our fingers out lads and back the team. Loads of games is part and parcel of supporting successful clubs.

To be fair, the drain on personal finances over the last month regarding non ST games will be a major factor. I have had to shell out £100+ on tickets in the period Jan/Feb. I can only imagine how much the guys who go to every away game have had to fork out in this period.

Not complaining, but i can see why we wont have a full stadium, as £24 could be better spent for some people.

We struggled to shift CL tickets for a package which included Man Utd. European games just don't cut the mustard for many of us. You'd think we'd be gagging for a change to the SPL, but in a funny way it highlights how much we rate the SPL as the silverware we want first and foremost.

As I said, even if it's a poorish attendance I still think the atmosphere will be good. And I reckon it will be a good game too where we actually play well.

To be fair, the drain on personal finances over the last month regarding non ST games will be a major factor. I have had to shell out £100+ on tickets in the period Jan/Feb. I can only imagine how much the guys who go to every away game have had to fork out in this period.

Not complaining, but i can see why we wont have a full stadium, as £24 could be better spent for some people.

Im paying for 2 and im well over £200, maybe more if i put in expenses whilst on a football day out. I dont even enjoy it much, i missed the best one at the weekend there! ha

It must cost thousands per year for fans to follow our every game, but it is the best hobby money can buy!

I understand mate, its just, its getting easier for people not to go.

(tu)

Fuckin hell just checked the website and theres is loads of seats spare :anguish:

I'll definately be going should be a good game. Hopefully we can play more attacking football like we did against Valencia.

The tickets are only £25 aswell so maybe many people who don't often goto the games should go along.

Is the game on tv ?? maybe another reason why people aren't going.

game on espn mate

Most people I speak to would rather concentrate on the SPL than concentrate on both because we don't have the squad to fight on 4 fronts, therefor aren't bothered about going on Thursday.

Paying £25 to watch 5 defenders in 1 team is also a reason not to bother going for most people aswell.

This will be very sad and almost embarrassing. We keep hearing we are a big club, are we? Lets get our fingers out lads and back the team. Loads of games is part and parcel of supporting successful clubs.

Are you going to Lisbon?