Post-Sporting match Lafferty thread

dukestreetsoup

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why someone of his height can not head a ball is fucking beyond me.

I don't agree with the slagging him off he ran himself into the ground gave his all but sadly his all is not good enough.

As he is a Rangers man he feel the pressure too much.

Its gets to him its almost as if he tries too hard he has no composure whatso ever.

Lafferty didn't play that bad. He worked his socks off tonight, but unfortunately he isn't just a good finisher. He should have scored. Maybe if Healy had come up front with him... One word : FRUSTRATING !!!

Fuck off.

The only chance he should have buried was the first header he got.

He ran himself into the ground and the last 2 chances he could barely even get to the ball he was that fucked.

He was absolutely fucked and should have been brought of because of it.

He had a poor game but it will be a massive overreaction as usual.

Yes he did run himself into the ground and I would never question his commitment to the team, but Walter hung him out to dry tonight could tell last 15 - 20 mins his energy levels were down as were one or two other players, why no subs!!! time and again when we attack we look capable and with a bit of luck there goal might of been no more than a consolation, but we constanly defend far to deep. And invite teams to punish us, I very much doubt Sunday will be any different.

Had we not have drawn the game I doubt there would be the same frustration here.

Probably not, but that's always the case.

Personally, even at 1-0, I was still incredibly frustrated with Lafferty. Maybe at 3/4-0, I would have gotten over his missed chances, but with the actual result, I'm really gutted.

Why someone of his height can not head a ball is fucking beyond me.

I don't agree with the slagging him off he ran himself into the ground gave his all but sadly his all is not good enough.

As he is a Rangers man he feel the pressure too much.

Its gets to him its almost as if he tries too hard he has no composure whatso ever.

pressure shouldnt affect him after 3 years at the club, he lacks all the basic skills to be a decent footballer. hes just not good enough, simple.

Lack of composure is part of it. He was also knackered at the end. WS must take a lot of the blame for not freshening up the team at all. Not to use any subs tonight was ridiculous as there were more than a few tired legs at the end.

Had we not have drawn the game I doubt there would be the same frustration here. His main fault is shooting from distance. I can blame him for it in the first half, but the guy was on his honkers at the end, so I'm certainly not having a pop at him for the chances he missed at the end. One of them, the defender makes a fucking great track back.....Lafferty was spent so all he could do was hit it & hope.

That said, I'd have had Healy on for the last 15 mins so I fully put this down to the managers lack of ability to make changes when needed!

agree with your last comment but if we had won i was going to post lafferty never rangers class and never will be. all the moaning at the ref doesnae get you anywhere apart from a booking, first thing i learned at football i mean professional for fuck sake, my arse. get him tae fuck many chances does he get

pressure shouldnt affect him after 3 years at the club, he lacks all the basic skills to be a decent footballer. hes just not good enough, simple.

I agree mate he has had his time amd really hope Walter will take note and not start him next week.

POSTED THIS ON THE MATCH THREAD:

This maybe deserves a thread of it's own... but remember up here in the SPL we considered guys like Burke and indeed Jordan McMillan 'yougsters' when they were 23 years old. If I am not mistaken, Lafferty is around this age... my question is: should we wait any longer for some end product from him? Or is he the scapegoat because of the formation? I genuinely don't know what his ideal position is.

The BIG question is - 'How long will they persevere with this guy before the penny drops?'

I couldn't believe it when we bought him - and I still can't believe we spent over 3 million on this wooden one!

Surely he will depart in the summer - if not it's a much higher dose of Diazapam for me!

For people sticking up for him, please fuck off I'm in no mood. Walter Smith and Kyle Lafferty are to blame for that, he is fucking terrible and It's not just one bad game is it look at his rangers career a shambless he is useless and a liabilty would rather play Kirk Broadfoot up front!

(tu)

No. I just guessed that those were what his misses were like.

Well the way your talking would tell me you never seen it but what im saying is he should have put 1 of his 4/5 chances away as any good striker would have and no you cant question his work rate as he never stopped but he will Never be a striker and thats where HE wants played so do you think he justifies that position ?