wouldn't it just make c@#tic shit their pants if

weedurranty

I don’t see a pairing of Edu/Bartley/Davis/Naismith being able to win a battle personally.

Against Brown and Kayal? Not much of a battle really. Diouf will sort out Brown in the first few minutes hopefully. And kayal's hardman efforts are laughable. If Davis can put in some sort of decent footballing display along with Bartley to do the bossing I think it could work.

Could easily backfire though just like a 4-5-1 did last time

do we need to have an extra man in midfield to win the battle though?

The Filth spent most of the last game with 3 or 4 in the middle. At one point they had Ki, Brown, Ledley and Kayal in there and their full backs were basically playing as wingers.

Were going to park the bus, defend for 90 mins and invite pressure, i dont know where fans get this attacking stuff from.

We all know the script.

No-one said we are going to attack its a thread about what could happen if we played 2 up front. We know it won't happen it's Walter Smith in charge.

Aye. But you were comparing the number of central midfielders on either side. Last time they were playing with 4 in the middle at some points.

...because it was at Ibrox! They will play completely different on Sunday. They will probably set up 4-3-3, not the kiddy on 4-5-1 into a 4-3-3 that Smith tries to fool us with. A proper attacking formation. If we give in and play a 4-5-1 to combat it, it's letting them dictate the game and wer fucked. Fight fire with fire and attack them and they will crumble. I'm not saying play a 4-3-3 as we probably don't have the players to play that but a 4-4-2 would upset their plan. But a 4-5-1 is a certainty unfortunately (td)

If they have 3 in the middle of the park and we try to match up with just 2, then we will be ripped to shreds.

we would have 4 in midfield.

Why do Celtic get to dictate our game plan? Why can't we just go out with a 4-4-2 and let them worry about us and change to suit our formation? Lennon has Walter by the balls because he won't grow a set.

we would have 4 in midfield.

Why do Celtic get to dictate our game plan? Why can't we just go out with a 4-4-2 and let them worry about us and change to suit our formation? Lennon has Walter by the balls because he won't grow a set.

that last line contradicted myself but u know what a ment lol

2 out wide dealing with their wingbacks (who we know cause us problems) leaves 2 in the middle trying to match with up 3 players. Its what happened in the last game and seen them dominate, even with 10 men (they went 3 in the in the middle and left 2 up front). We cannot be wreckless and simply go 4-4-2 out of some sort of misguided judgement that we have the right to make Celtic work round us. We need to adopt a formation that will nulify theirs and give us the oppertunity to break them down. 4-4-2 is not that formation. Its outdated and easily beaten by most managers with a bit of tactical knowledge.

Celtic are top of the league playing at least 2 up front every game (tu)

Also.. Their wingbacks wouldn't have as much freedom to go forward if we had 2 up front, far too exposed at the back for a team with such a bad defence