We missed someone today

Dennis

Agreed. Let's be honest, he wasn't that good in his last season anyway.

Why was that exactly?

Fans kept bleating that he was taking up the place which Mendes and Davis should have, so nobody wanted him there. He also needed the freedom to dictate play but had Thomson trying to do the same role.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Kayal is a damn good find for Celtic - one that will bring top dollar to Celtic when he moves on

If he was at Rangers, he would be off at the first bid or more likely we would let his contract run down.

Thats the difference. What am i saying, we dont find players like that!

(tu)

Tell me that McCulloch and Edu cost as much as those 3 plus Barry in terms of wages and I might get your point. Hemdani and Mendes were on very tidy sums, as I recall.

Hemdani £14k a week

Mendes, allegedly £30k, although thats hard to believe giving what we were offering our goalscorers.

Wags will always be paid, the fees we lost could have made up that difference in wages.

We missed McCulloch today... never thought I'd say it but we did!

No we didn't. That game would have passed him by like it did the rest of them. We needed someone with composure that is able to dictate the play, Lee McCulloch is not that man.

I don't think it's as simple as missing a hard tackling midfielder. Our midfield in general lacks basic ball retention skills, passing and movement.

Edu is a nightmare at the moment, I actually think he is getting worse. Davis has been terrible bar the odd brief glimpse of what he can do.

Our left and right back are offering no support at all to the midfield either which is limiting what we are doing to hopeful punts up the middle.

I actually don't blame the forwards that much as they have to feed off nothing.

I'd love to see what gets worked on in training. It's a joke

kayal? .izaguire? .hooper? even mulgrew is lookin good against us ..

the worrying thing is ,izaguire is subject to a 6M offer on the table from sir alex .kayal could make them a packet

and hooper is head and shoulders better than lafferty ..walter sure does kno a player .

our scoutin system is non existant ..if indeed there is one.

If anything today proved that our 4-5-1 has been found out. They made sure that runs were tracked from midfield which left Jela a lonely figure up front. We also insist on playing the long ball and when Jelavic won a header there was no one there to pick up on it. 4-4-2 in the replay please.