Now Spurs are looking at Brown

Brown deal was done and dusted at New Year !

Please can someone explain to me why so many are convinced that this is the case? Is it just hope? Is there some basis for believing this?

I am just surprised that so many are so utterly convinced that he will join us? When asked people normally just say "wait and See" or something equally vague.

From afar, I have seen no reason why he would be joining us in the summer unless we are the winners of whatever ensuing bidding war that will commence at the end of the season. I think the chances of him joining us are no better then 60:40 AGAINST. My reasoning? He is attracting interest from south of the border, and Celtic will really want to gazump us so will endeavour to drive the price out of our reach. Hibs will just want to get maximum cash for him so I really cannot see him going for less than 4 million and I do not believe he is worth that nor that we would pay it even if he was.

No wasn't told the ins and oots of it my friend ! Just told it was done. Who's McStay ? Do you mean McKay ? If you do don't think he would be left out of it, got a feelin him and Murray are pretty thick !

Gonna explain this wance mer, he wis there for 5 days of talks at the New Year but it only took him 30 seconds to decide, he wis only there for the 5 days because he didnae want tae leave the place cause he's like the guy that posted the thread 'IBROX' he wid staun ootside and look at the place for weeks, cause him, his family are died in the wool bluenoses. Can't reveal my source but if you don't believe it thats your perogative. ! PS - And ma perogative is a don't care whether you believe it or not !

Thanks, I appreciate your indulgence.. Now if you could perhaps indulge me further. Did your source reveal what price had been agreed with Hibs for the signing? Did Hibs agree a non-negotiable figure that was not open for discussion despite other teams interest or despite an improved stock due to international appearances? Was it part of the agreement that Brown come out and say, for the record, that he was going nowhere at the end of the season or indeed til the end of his contract? Was McStay involved with the agreement or are his overtures to other clubs because he wasn't made aware that the deal is done therefore his efforts to drive the price up are futile?

Is this agreement your source talks of purely between Broonaldo and Rangers? Sorry for all the queries, just trying to get my head round it, as I don't really understand how this works??

Aye, sorry, meant McKay...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One must remember that McLies also suggested Thomson would be moving to Celtic and not Rangers shortly before he signed for us... ;)

The information I have (from a few different people) is that Brown signed for us in January for exactly the same price we paid for Thomson. He didn't sign then because Hibs/Petrie would not let him go ahead of their 2 cup semi-finals. That's why a future fee was agreed there and then and I also wouldn't be surprised to see a Rangers player move in the opposite direction come May.

One must remember that McLies also suggested Thomson would be moving to Celtic and not Rangers shortly before he signed for us... ;)

The information I have (from a few different people) is that Brown signed for us in January for exactly the same price we paid for Thomson. He didn't sign then because Hibs/Petrie would not let him go ahead of their 2 cup semi-finals. That's why a future fee was agreed there and then and I also wouldn't be surprised to see a Rangers player move in the opposite direction come May.

Probably Gavin Rae or Lee Robinson(loan)

If thats true from what i'v heard Thomson wasn't leaving till the summer aswell but had a massive bust up with Collins that day and thats why we got him then.

Well mate if this turns out to be the case I will be delighted, I think getting Thompson and Brown together for that price would be a good bit of business.

I can't see Rae being the one going the other way though as he is out of contract anyway isn't he?

I am still sceptical, as it seems a strange way of doing it, but I will be happy to be suprised for once.

Broon will be in Blue come the new season, he's got the same passion for the jersey as the last Broon we had and he won't let us down !

Thats what I mentioned in my thread yesterday brother but its disappeared......

Reliable scource told me personally its done and dusted :pipeguy:

realistically...

i would wager a fiver (yes...im stingy).. that we dont sign Brown,Koevermans,Healy or Mpenza

we never EVER sign the players that we track before the window opens...prepar for eastern european nobodies and out of favour EPL players

realistically...

i would wager a fiver (yes...im stingy).. that we dont sign Brown,Koevermans,Healy or Mpenza

we never EVER sign the players that we track before the window opens...prepar for eastern european nobodies and out of favour EPL players

You must be a jambo supporter then ? eastern european nobodies ? out of favour epl players ? Naw sleep sound son Broon's signed, Healy maybe, the other 2 don't think so !

realistically...

You must be a jambo supporter then ? eastern european nobodies ? out of favour epl players ? Naw sleep sound son Broon's signed, Healy mabye, the other 2 don't think so !

realistically...

You must be a jambo supporter then ? eastern european nobodies ? out of favour epl players ? Naw sleep sound son Broon's signed, Healy mabye, the other 2 don't think so !

thats the thing though..Brown hasnt signed.. its all hear-say from people claming that the deal is done and dusted.

Im sorry...but i know what our luck is like and i am preparing myself for the worst.

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate is to step up his interest in Hibernian midfielder Scott Brown. (The Sun)

Another EPL team in for him.

but then again....why would he want to go earn big bucks down in the best league in the world, when he can stay here and go to places like gretna for half the wages he would get?

ah yes...because someone says he is a bluenose ...

ma erse

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate is to step up his interest in Hibernian midfielder Scott Brown. (The Sun)

Another EPL team in for him.

Thats it the deal with us is fecked then its in The Sun :lol:

Guest therabbitt

It is some funny shit that everyone thinks it is done and dusted, mair chance Gavin Rae will get a five year deal

Guest therabbitt

I think a sumo match between Rae and Adam would be interesting, it would be the only way for Charlie to win the young player of the year...