Foster

G.E.C.

179 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ricky Foster be a Rangers player next season?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this about he aint our class is pure shite,

foster is the standard of player that we will be signing so lets just get use to it

sad days i know but the days of great & exciting signings are long gone.

No

With the limited amount of cash we will have to spend we need to broaden our horizons and find the best possible players for the cheapest amount of money. Signing Foster would be the opposite. Look at celtic with Izaguirre

Im sick of us settling for pish just cos its at our front doorstep

Tbh if we don't have any money I'd rather we spent it more wisely and also give the likes of Cole a chance at right back. If some incredible miracle happens and we do get a takeover and a bit of cash to spend, I'd rather we spent it on someone better than Foster.

He'd be a no bad squad player. He's no brilliant but let's face it our days of buying great players are over and we now need to have distinctly average guys like him Papac, Whittaker, Edu etc

He'd be a no bad squad player. He's no brilliant but let's face it our days of buying great players are over and we now need to have distinctly average guys like him Papac, Whittaker, Edu etc

First of all, Edu isn't average. He is well below average. ;)

Secondly, we might not have the money to go and buy established great players at this moment in time, but that doesn't mean we should just settle on average. We need to be finding the next set of great players. Players that are young and just need some regular first team football. Players like Bartley.

We can either develop them into Rangers legends, or we can develop them enough that they get a big price ticket on their head and we make a good profit off of them, which allows us to sink more money into better players.

If we settle on just average players, we will become an average team, and that just isn't on.

On the topic at hand, I think we can do better than Foster. Foster has been decent cover for this season, which has been a hard and tight season for the squad, but I don't think he should return after the summer.

No. 400k can get you someone better, look at izaguirre, we need to do better than whoever we come across and actually do some scouting

Great bargains to be had in other leagues

Players are almost valued on their team rather than ability it seems