smith never wanted mcdonald in the end..

motherwell wanted a bidding war betweeen rangers and celtic for mcdonald but smith told them celtic can have him

better prospects await in the sumer then... :Animation44:

Nobody ever said he wanted him and thank feck....it was just aw the sheeite flyin around here about McDonald, is that what gave ye the impression RFC wanted him

WAKEY WAKEY !! ;)

Smith did want McDonald, It doesnt matter how you butter it up, Celtic offered the right amount of money and got him.

Smith said "Players I targeted in January will be the same players I go after in the Summer" and that included Scott McDonald.

We lost out cause Murray wouldnt release funds.......... Simple as that.

I dont! McDonald is good but not great! He wont improve on what Cletic already have and if thats the case then there is also no point in us going for him! Am pretty confident if Rangers wanted to match Celtic's offer they would have!

Smith did want McDonald, It doesnt matter how you butter it up, Celtic offered the right amount of money and got him.

Smith said "Players I targeted in January will be the same players I go after in the Summer" and that included Scott McDonald.

If Smith wanted McDonnald in January then he went about it in a strange way. His offer to Motherwell was made with a day to go off the transfer window and Motherwell had already lost one striker. He was leaving them no chance to get a replacement and they had little choice but to turn him down. Either Smith was not really serious or he was stupid.

Did we though? People are often too quick to use that as an excuse when we "miss out" on a player. Perhaps Walter simply decided he wasn't going to be held to ransom or pay over the odds for him.

I would like to think that at the time, Walter was just testing the water to see if they would sell, in what would have been a good deal, for £400K. I think when it came to the crunch and they put their did in, Smith thought, no, Im not going to spend what would be a sizeable chunk of my budget on him, or, he has been told that funds will be available hence the supposed interest in the likes of that Alkmaar striker.