Lafferty

Carsons Dog

I thought he did well yesterday, I don't really want to be critical of anyone though. Don't see the point, we have been moaning for too long now.

Brilliant game of football, we finally outplayed and outclassed them after a series of the worst Old Firms I can remember.

I can't stop smiling.

(tu)

I really thought Lafferty had a crackin' game yesterday.

He got stuck in, made a nuisance of himself and really troubled their defense. He also tracked Commons back, Commons did fuck all in that game and him and Izaguirre have been causing us problems all season. Not yesterday though. Naismith did a great job after they swapped too.

Kyle Lafferty has had more effect on the team this season than most people believe. He is a decent player, especially when he has the ball at his feet and he is running at defenders. He played very well yesterday and deserves better support form the fans. We need him at the club, he, like Healy & Davis, are true Rangers fans and it means the world to him to play here. He will become one of our most important players.

Can't agree with the above, fair enough he won a few in the air to very little effect and he had a good shot deflected early on.

He almost sold the jerseys with a stupid passback in three minutes though and he could or should have been tighter to prevent their cross for the goal

For the money we paid for him he's had more than enough chances to shine and an OK performance yesterday doesn't make up for previous disasters.

Weiss should start before him every week which was the basic point of the OP

Kyle Lafferty has had more effect on the team this season than most people believe. He is a decent player, especially when he has the ball at his feet and he is running at defenders. He played very well yesterday and deserves better support form the fans. We need him at the club, he, like Healy & Davis, are true Rangers fans and it means the world to him to play here. He will become one of our most important players.

He did well yesterday, but unfortunately, the odd good game here and there isn't good enough.

Being a true Rangers fan is neither here nor there - I know thousands of true Rangers fans but wouldn't wish to see them play for our club.

As for him having a future at Ibrox? It's up to him.

He certainly won't have any future if he doesn't start to turn in some consistently decent performances.

Like I say, well done yesterday. It needs to happen more often though.

Put one hell of a shift in yesterday, in some ways a thankless task to keep Izaguirre non existent and really frustrated. How anybody feels the need to criticize him is beyond me.

I'm certainly not criticising him - he did well yesterday.

I think it's more about the posters who feel he does better than we realise, or that 1 good game every couple of months is enough to be at the Rangers.

Credit where it's due - he did OK yesterday. Nothing more.

I also thought Lafferty played quite well, still to really produce anything significan against Celtic but got in behind their defence a few times, stretched them and worked them hard which in turn created space for other players. Should have scored that chance from a header though!

I thought Lafferty was brilliant today

I'd actually say its the best I've seen him play in a Rangers top

Same. Anybody who can't see that is either blind, in which case fair enough, or just unwilling to give credit where it's due because they don't like him, in which case fuck off.

Flip me.... Lafferty haters or what?

He played brilliant and done what he had to do... so how about cheer the fuck up and enjoy the win and stop slating the players...

Were the only fans that i know that slates our own players to fuck even when they play good.. its annoying as hell!

I'm certainly not criticising him - he did well yesterday.

I think it's more about the posters who feel he does better than we realise, or that 1 good game every couple of months is enough to be at the Rangers.

Credit where it's due - he did OK yesterday. Nothing more.

Nobody is saying he's a superstar, he does a job for us nothing more nothing less. Doesn't mean though after his performance yesterday (that did play a major part in our cup victory) he doesn't get some credit.

Sometimes we need to take a step back, (me included) and realize we ask far too much sometimes.

A joke to critiscise any of our players after that performance, laff ran his heart out and caused them a lot of problems!

Agree with this, if any player should be critiscised it should be Papac, cant use his right foot to defend which almost led to an own goal, and im sure he did the ol'davie weir punt more times than Weir yesterday.

But lets not even go there, because in the end even Edu stepped up when he got moved to RB. Every player on that park yesterday done a great job, even the 5 minutes Diouf got, his header led to their LB getting sent off.

I thought the big man had a cracking game, without doing anything absolutely outstanding or any individual moments of brilliance. Worked hard, won alot in the air, and even when he didnt win headers he was putting himself about casuing problems. Him and Jela gave their 2 centre halfs a torrid time

He played his part yesterday and likely has a role at Rangers next season. Not sure what it will be though. When's his contract up?

His role will be Atilla: Part 2. The big lad's going to terrorise defences when Ally lets him off the leash. In a line up of 4 4 2 he'll be a proper marauder. Let's face it, we haven't had a proper hooligan up front for years :sherlock: