Walter Talks About Whyte Meeting.

Stu1993

WALTER SMITH has held a secret summit with tycoon Craig Whyte to talk about the future of Rangers.

The out-going Ibrox boss met with potential new supremo Whyte last Friday.

Whyte is said to be inching closer to a deal to buy out Sir David Murray, and was at last week's Europa League defeat against PSV.

Smith then met with the Scots billionaire for a face-to-face discussion about what the future holds for the SPL champs.

Smith said: "I met Craig Whyte last week. It was a discussion from his perspective as to how I saw things at Rangers.

"I have no inclination what way things will go.

"Despite the length of time this has been going on for, that was the first time I'd met him.

"I'm the lesser part of the procedure so I don't know what's going to happen.

"The questions he asked were simply ones you guys might ask. He wanted to know how the squad is. He knows I'm leaving so he won't ask me about the future.

"All he wanted to know was how I saw the current situation.

"Now he has to go away and continue the financial aspects, which I have no idea what they will be."

While Smith met Whyte, his successor Ally McCoist has yet to sit down with him. Smith added: "Is that strange? No, I don't think so.

"The football side of it is part of the problem. You can have a fair idea of what it is going to be like, given the financial aspects of Rangers which have still to be clarified.

"It should be obvious there would be a continuing down-turn if there is no change financially.

"So it will be a hell of a task for Ally McCoist if there is no change.

"The football side of things will be the lesser problem. The financial aspects are the main issue.

"Maybe it's a good thing we don't know too much about that."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3485096/Boss-in-Whyte-summit.html#ixzz1HNIXw2mf

Im Interested in that last quote.

I think you're clutching at straws a bit with that last line, mate. :lol:

He's just being optimistic. He won't have a clue.

Thats what i ment, i find it interesting he doesnt know what our financial position is.

Thats what i ment, i find it interesting he doesnt know what our financial position is.

Awww right I get you now. (tu)

Even if he did, which he wouldn't anyway, he wouldn't be allowed to blab about it during the process of this supposed takeover.

Time will tell!

Why would he know? He's given his transfer budget. That's probably all Walter knows.

I wouldn't think he would what the clubs figures are.

Walter will know whats going on he only tells us things when it suits and theres only so much he can say under the circumstances the club is in at the moment.

Sorry guys but do you really think Walter LEGEND :praise: arguably the greatest Rangers manager ever does not know or want to know what is happening at his club? I find that hard to believe. :blink: Given Walter's reaction to the last or first Ellis ( :wanker: ? or :angel: ) take over when he said he wanted Walter to stay on as Manager, the fact he met with Whyte for whatever reason must be positive sign that at the moment things are looking like they are going in the right direction. :thumbup: The fact that Walter is now talking or has at least mentioned meeting Whyte instead of sending him off with a flea in his ear (where does that come from?) again a good sign. I am trying not to get my hopes up and failing <cr> but as they say only a fool ignores signs until they smack him in the face. :excl: WATP (tu)

Sorry guys but do you really think Walter LEGEND :praise: arguably the greatest Rangers manager ever does not know or want to know what is happening at his club? I find that hard to believe. :blink: Given Walter's reaction to the last or first Ellis ( :wanker: ? or :angel: ) take over when he said he wanted Walter to stay on as Manager, the fact he met with Whyte for whatever reason must be positive sign that at the moment things are looking like they are going in the right direction. :thumbup: The fact that Walter is now talking or has at least mentioned meeting Whyte instead of sending him off with a flea in his ear (where does that come from?) again a good sign. I am trying not to get my hopes up and failing <cr> but as they say only a fool ignores signs until they smack him in the face. :excl: WATP (tu)

you should only be allowed to use 1 of they wee animation things per post...2 at a push

thats migraine material (tu)

Just trying to break it up so it wasn't too boring but I will BEAR that in mind. :P

"But when I look at the circumstances now if they don't get a buyer for the club I'm probably leaving at the worst period of time.

"I really wanted to avoid a situation where there was a problem but Alistair knows everything that's going on at the club.

This is from the other topic where Walter is talking about Ally taking over next season. Sounds pretty clued up to the overall situation at the club as I would assume if Ally knows what is happening the so will Walter. :21:

That seemed to throw up more questions than answers, not even a hint from Smith if the meeting went well/shit or whatever, Whyte does not seem a fantasist he comes across as the opposite of a publicity seeker so i personally think he is a serious player if the numbers stack up!! and he has had plenty time to study the stack, good thing???

You really wanna get a fuckin grip on them smileys mate! yer aff yer fuckin heid! <cr>

As you may notice if we compare No of posts I am relatively new to this and feeling my way in. :rolleyes:

:pipe: Aye OK then! :rolleyes: I'll let yea aff this time :thumbup: seeing as how yer jist learnin the gemme :sherlock:

Nuthin like a wee bit of fun tae pass the time of day! :cheerleader:

Ah wisnae serious anyhoo! Happy postings,mate! :crabflute:

This is all smoke and mirrors does anybody think that McCoist if he was privvy to that we had absolutly no money for next season he would have taken the job or that nobody is going to take over in the near future he would risk his fledgling reputation no matter how much he loves the club is sadly mistaken patience boys this is all in the pipeline keep believing.

This is all smoke and mirrors does anybody think that McCoist if he was privvy to that we had absolutly no money for next season he would have taken the job or that nobody is going to take over in the near future he would risk his fledgling reputation no matter how much he loves the club is sadly mistaken patience boys this is all in the pipeline keep believing.

who said we had no money for next year...?