Wylde the new McCann?

KingKirk

When someone posted earlier they seen him in reserve,youth teams etc and he was always a stand out i was going to say about him being played left back for a long time but thought it was for another day!

they played a reserve game, friendly i think v livingston.

they asked andy haliday to run at him as much as possible. andy totaly destroyed him.

he is fast and direct, got pace. good cross, but still has a lot to learn. Given time he may well be a good one, but the jury is still out for now. He just needs time to develop. The great ones would have been further ahead - i.e. W. Henderson at 17.

He looks like a find...but he's a completely different type of winger than McCann.

McCann was more a dribbler. Wylde looks more to push the ball into space past the full backs or get on the end of one-twos.

If he gets the right service he could end up a very dangerous player. As I said in a previous thread he reminds me of the style of Marc Overmars (although has a way to go).

A few bad games, a few mis-placed passes and this kid have the same bile thrown at him that our other players do. Why do we always have to make comparisons too with young players? Cant he just be Gregg Wylde, the Rangers left winger? And cant we just let him develop, let him play and see where the experience and games take him?

GReat at crossing the ball while running at speed. A lot of players have to slow or stop to put a good ball in but not this kid.

GOnna be a great player for us

Could he do this at speed on the right wing???

Reason i ask is that Smith has played him in his favoured position and he has ripped the defenders to pieces with his direct running and crossing.

Why does Weiss struggle on the left i wonder when running at full pelt?